NV antennas?

kyle_4thousand

Unless someone else is using those same Powerwave antennas, I'd guess that's a Samsung high capacity NV site.

I hope so! For UCF being the 2nd largest university in the country with over 50k students, I would hope they would build a high capacity site there since it is basically smack dab in the middle of campus! However, this is an Ericcson market and I don't know how they build their high capacity sites. Plus there's no RRU's mounted up there for those antennas. I also walked past the base one day and noticed ATT base equipment that looked relatively new. I hope Sprint does have some NV equipment up there but is just waiting on something like a permit. 

• Like 1

So there's a tower on campus that has equipment on it that kind of look like NV antennas, but I'm not entirely sure. I know there's a clearwire site on the top of it, but the ones below it look like they could be NV. Any thoughts?

I don't see anything that strikes me as NV equipment. Have you checked out the NV equipment spotting threads? Ericsson NV equipment is very easy to spot once you've seen it.

Trust me you will be glad they treated that site properly.  Our campus site in Norman plays host to the 40K of us daily and the speeds have tanked hard.  I have signal most everywhere and in some classes but a speed test yields 2mbps. Not what you might expect with a -80dBm connection.  

-William

Trust me you will be glad they treated that site properly. Our campus site in Norman plays host to the 40K of us daily and the speeds have tanked hard. I have signal most everywhere and in some classes but a speed test yields 2mbps. Not what you might expect with a -80dBm connection.

-William

I'll take 2mb and signal everywhere vs my nothing and nothing haha. 40k students and having 2 down isn't so bad. Probably 3 or 4 sites on the campus?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll take 2mb and signal everywhere vs my nothing and nothing haha. 40k students and having 2 down isn't so bad. Probably 3 or 4 sites on the campus?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 site. Little water tower next to the football stadium. 

They are supposed to have 2 sites, the second is about a few hundred meters off the campus but just this week they removed all the legacy gear and even removed the antenna mounting masts and stripped/gutted the entire site.  Hoping to see signs of something in remediation soon. For now there is a few neighborhoods in East Norman that may be roaming patiently. 

Unless someone else is using those same Powerwave antennas, I'd guess that's a Samsung high capacity NV site.

I see nothing like that here.

I don't see anything that strikes me as NV equipment. Have you checked out the NV equipment spotting threads? Ericsson NV equipment is very easy to spot once you've seen it.

1 below center rack looks like Sprint legacy.

Trust me you will be glad they treated that site properly.  Our campus site in Norman plays host to the 40K of us daily and the speeds have tanked hard.  I have signal most everywhere and in some classes but a speed test yields 2mbps. Not what you might expect with a -80dBm connection.  -William

We are seeing speeds like that on a few sites here, and don't half half those pops per sector in these locations. I think a lot has to do with equipment issues. They have our PCI's out of order, they even all got changed a few months ago.
  • Like 1