Dual Display

centermedic

Probably going to add two screens to my desktop. Anybody see any deals out there?

Look at the new Dell 27" 4k Monitor that they revealed at CES. I believe it is only 800 dollars or so, which sounds expensive, but if you consider that the only other 4k monitor on the market is like, 3200 dollars, then it suddenly sounds like a great deal.

-Anthony

Look at the new Dell 27" 4k Monitor that they revealed at CES. I believe it is only 800 dollars or so, which sounds expensive, but if you consider that the only other 4k monitor on the market is like, 3200 dollars, then it suddenly sounds like a great deal.

-Anthony

Just get a 4k tv.  If not, look on ebay for the 2560x1440 monitors from korea that are around $300 each. 

spoofee dot com is good for deals that are found online.

4K monitors are way out of my price range. The only reason I want to goto a dual display is so when I am doing my school work I can view multiple windows at a time.

4K monitors are way out of my price range. The only reason I want to goto a dual display is so when I am doing my school work I can view multiple windows at a time.

I have one of the Yamakasi 27" 1440 monitors and believe me, with win 7 and the snapping of windows, there is no need for another unless you are looking at adding a tv.

-Anthony

There's actually a 4K tv on amazon that's 39" and is only about $450-500.

What kind of screen do you have now? Also, what's your price range?

-Anthony

17 inch w/ 16:10 ratio.

I can go up to 300 total.

Then my recommendation is to get maybe a 20-30 inch 1080p LCD TV, you can get one for less than 300 bucks pretty much anywhere, and for even cheaper if you buy an off-brand TV.

Use the 17 inch for reading things or instructions for what you need to do, and use the TV for what you are doing. I have a 24 inch Dell monitor and a 39 inch Seiki 1080p TV, and I got the TV for 279 in 2012.

I used my PC for my computer programming class and used the 24 inch for reading and watching tutorials while working on the coding on my 39 inch. I love the setup. :)

-Anthony

• Like 1

Is it the one made by Seiki?

-Anthony

Yes.  But it lacks inputs like the DP and mini-DP otherwise i would have been all over it.  Besides, i have to wait for my 46" black friday plasma to die first before i go the 4K route.

• Like 1

Yes.  But it lacks inputs like the DP and mini-DP otherwise i would have been all over it.  Besides, i have to wait for my 46" black friday plasma to die first before i go the 4K route.

My Dad is still waiting for a 100 inch version that is less than 25 grand. I guess we can always dream

:P

-Anthony

My Dad is still waiting for a 100 inch version that is less than 25 grand. I guess we can always dream

:P

-Anthony

I think Vizio will have on here soon enough in that size.  Saw it on youtube i believe.  If not them, then LG or Sony or Samsung are not far behind.

Newegg has a few asus/viewsonic 21" for under 150.  Get two of those at 1080p and you're at your budget.  Otherwise, look for those 21:10 screens.  They're interesting, but just not the same as a 2560X1440 screen.

Has anyone see this stellar deal?  http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-UN85S9-85-Inch-Ultra-120Hz/dp/B00CMEN95U/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

The reviews are quite hilarious.  Apparently the "thing" to do right now is write really amusing Amazon product reviews.  Look up "Haribo sugar free gummy bears" and enjoy the laughter.

• Like 2

Has anyone see this stellar deal?  http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-UN85S9-85-Inch-Ultra-120Hz/dp/B00CMEN95U/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

The reviews are quite hilarious.  Apparently the "thing" to do right now is write really amusing Amazon product reviews.  Look up "Haribo sugar free gummy bears" and enjoy the laughter.

There's 250 of those sets in the world, and 1,436 product reviews on Amazon.  :D

• Like 1

There's 250 of those sets in the world, and 1,436 product reviews on Amazon. :D

Reminds me of a scandal back when I lived at Tahoe. There is a community at the lake called Incline Village. There was a controversial tax increase for schools on the ballot that would have disproportionately raised the rates on wealthy homeowners at Incline than the rest of Washoe County. Most Incline residents were against it.

On Election Day, the tax increase fails by a narrow margin. It was discovered that in Incline Village, over 12,000 ballots were cast. Too bad the entire village population was about 9,500. Every man, woman and child. And many of those people could not even vote legally.

Any time there was any perceived Shenanigans in an election thereafter, it was referred to as the "Incline Effect."

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

Probably going to add two screens to my desktop. Anybody see any deals out there?

What kind of screen do you have now? Also, what's your price range?

-Anthony

Then my recommendation is to get maybe a 20-30 inch 1080p LCD TV, you can get one for less than 300 bucks pretty much anywhere, and for even cheaper if you buy an off-brand TV.

Use the 17 inch for reading things or instructions for what you need to do, and use the TV for what you are doing. I have a 24 inch Dell monitor and a 39 inch Seiki 1080p TV, and I got the TV for 279 in 2012.

I used my PC for my computer programming class and used the 24 inch for reading and watching tutorials while working on the coding on my 39 inch. I love the setup. :)

-Anthony

I have 2 Asus 19inch VE198T 1440x900 monitors that used to be running off my desktop which are now running off my laptop.

If your total is $300, then you can get either one of these 1920 x 1080 monitors...

2 Dell ST2210B 21.5" 1920x1080 $99.00 (good reviews) or 

2 Acer G226HQL 21.5" $116.55 (reviews) or

2 Samsung EX2220X 21.5" 1920x1080 $130.00 (good Reviews

Or whatever you feel is best on the selection page on Amazon,

And depending if your graphic adapter can handle the dual monitor set up you are good to go, if not then you may need to get two of these Plugable usb 2.0 to vga/dvi graphic adapters (I have these)

my two Asus monitors connected to my Sony Flip

TS

Ended up getting a 27 inch AOC from Tiger Direct for $190. Thanks for the suggestion. This is great. Now I have to get a bigger desk so i can sit three feet away from the monitor!