SoftBank is lighting a fire under Sprint

jamisonshaw125

it's kind of apples and oranges from a car dealership and a telecommunications corporation.

No, it is not.  And that is why career salesman shift jobs from selling cars to insurance to mortgages to electronics.  Sales is sales.  And in many instances, the more knowledgeable and informative the salesman is, the more indecisive the consumer becomes in the face of a more complex choice.

AJ

• Like 1

No, it is not.  And that is why career salesman shift jobs from selling cars to insurance to mortgages to electronics.  Sales is sales.  And in many instances, the more knowledgeable and informative the salesman is, the more indecisive the consumer becomes in the face of a more complex choice.

AJ

I won't argue with you about it because I've succeeded in multiple sale fields. Yes it's enough to be informed about technology, but the actual interworks of the network is asking a lot. I guarantee most Verizon salesman don't know which frequency they use in their cellphones. the company should push it to an employee. So you're telling me it's relevant from going to a car dealership to a cellphone store. It's simply not the same. I've done both jobs

• Like 1

I won't argue with you about it because I've succeeded in multiple sale fields. Yes it's enough to be informed about technology, but the actual interworks of the network is asking a lot. I guarantee most Verizon salesman don't know which frequency they use in their cellphones. the company should push it to an employee. So you're telling me it's relevant from going to a car dealership to a cellphone store. It's simply not the same. I've done both jobs

I made over $100k my first year selling cars. It was from being knowledgable. You would be surprised how many country folk know about gear ratios, torque curves, the steal frame beams under the chassis, etc and how well they respond to someone who could talk down and dirty about a truck. The same can go for a network. If you know the inside and out of the type of network, the technology and the differences between the network operators, I am sure you'd be surprised how many people would be receptive to it. Google is a powerful tool. A 12 year old can easily research how to build a nuclear weapon using simple parts for the science fair. If you don't believe me, just Google it. A kid got into trouble a few years back for that very thing. If you can Google about how to build a nuclear bomb, you can Google how Verizon uses a cell sector and the characteristics of their AWS spectrum.

Edit: Bringing this back to topic, perhaps with SoftBank pressure, there will be more push to keep the front line sales reps at a higher caliber of tech knowledge. Just because the guy at the Verizon store is an uninformed ignoramus doesn't mean their Sprint counterpart needs to be. Sprint needs to stand out. Intelligence breeds confidence. Just saying.

• Like 1

So you're telling me it's relevant from going to a car dealership to a cellphone store. It's simply not the same. I've done both jobs

I am reflecting the reality of the situation.  Managers do not care what salesman know.  They care that salesman move product -- be it cars or cellphones.

AJ

• Like 2

In my experience i can tell you that 96 out of a 100 people are completely dumbfounded when i talk about tri band, spark or really anything techinical. All they hear is bigger is better....bigger mp cameras or bigger processors. And in the end they just act confused and ask for a galaxy or iphone. Thanks to great marketing people do not give a fuck other than does it work and do you have the gold one. Lol

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

In my experience i can tell you that 96 out of a 100 people are completely dumbfounded when i talk about tri band, spark or really anything techinical. All they hear is bigger is better....bigger mp cameras or bigger processors. And in the end they just act confused and ask for a galaxy or iphone. Thanks to great marketing people do not give a fuck other than does it work and do you have the gold one. Lol

Thank you

Don't ask me about an iPhone or "Galaxy". Anytime someone asks me which one of those to get, I simply say "How about an HTC?" 

• Like 2

Perhaps Santa should've brought her some -ahem- battery operated toys.  ;)

Joan has to be pushing age 70 by now. Too much vibration might disintegrate her into dust.

AJ

• Like 6

She 's a woman with an opinion. OMG. Let's resort to the vibrator jokes.

A ranty, often inaccurate, obsessive and unnecessarily negative opinion. Id like to think her gender has nothing to do with that.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

A ranty, often inaccurate, obsessive and unnecessarily negative opinion. Id like to think her gender has nothing to do with that.

See:  Craig Moffett.

Some people just pursue vendettas against Sprint.

AJ

AJ

Indeed.

http://blogs.barrons.com/techtraderdaily/2013/12/23/att-verizon-sprint-estimates-too-high-says-moffettnathanson/?mod=yahoobarrons&ru=yahoo

Regarding Sprint, whose estimates he sees as being the most unrealistic at the moment, Moffett casts doubt...

Honestly if it was a guy, We'd come up with something else. We're equally offensive to everyone, not just someone.

Sent from my LG-LS980

Arguments are weak when your only rebuttal is an attack on her commentary using some sexist remark.  Class act for sure.  

She may not be a huge Sprint fan but who cares.  It/s her opinion.  I'd say more people dislike Sprint in the industry then defend them.  Sprint will earn her fans as her network improves.  

AJ

This is interesting from Moffet:  

Writes Moffett, “One fascinating reading from a Washington expert with whom we conferred postulated that it was Sprint’s own Washington office that had floated the story in order to elicit a response from experts that would demonstrate to their Japanese owners that a merger simply isn’t feasible from a regulatory standpoint.”

Journalism is too much about opinions and overly exaggerated hyperbole these days. Unfortunately, you will be hard pressed to read anything unbiased and logical.

• Like 1

Arguments are weak when your only rebuttal is an attack on her commentary using some sexist remark.  Class act for sure.  

"GinaDee," you have not been around very long, so you do not know the backstory.  Robert and others previously countered Joan's diatribes, inaccuracies, and wishful thinking in the comments to her articles.  She may know investing, but she does not know spectrum.  And when it comes to Sprint, she is incorrigible.  Thus, we no longer give her credence or acknowledgement.

Would you like to join her?

AJ

• Like 4

This is interesting from Moffet:

Yeah, that is "interesting" because disseminating the rumor serves Moffett's anti Sprint purposes.

AJ