Verizon S4 getting knox

khammondnm

Knox makes it so you can not install a custom recovery on your phone, well you can, but it trips a switch that to this point can't be tripped back. It makes it so if you want to put a custom ROM on your phone you WILL trip Knox and if you have to send your phone back for warranty they will not honor the warranty. Knox will start killing off the spread of custom roms, IMHO.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Also, the Verizon update enables band 4 support, those that those with AWS LTE can use them.

Many people getting easy 70Mpbs+ on AWS.  Sprint needs TD-LTE speeds asap!

Be careful when talking about wanting 70 Mbps on a celluar connection or AJ might see it and start talking about your "e-penis" and then it just gets awkward for everybody.

• Like 1

Be careful when talking about wanting 70 Mbps on a celluar connection or AJ might see it and start talking about your "e-penis" and then it just gets awkward for everybody.

:P

Those speeds were taken by milan who were practically right under low power distributed antennas. It's the equivalent of us going direct line of sight in front of an antenna and running speed tests and claiming that's the average speed of Sprint. Real world speeds will vary. 

In addition, Verizons Band 4 is going to vary depending on spectrum availability. Not all markets will be 20x20 (very few actually) while there's plenty of 15x15, 10x10, and even 5x5 spots. 

• Like 2

Those speeds were taken by milan who were practically right under low power distributed antennas. It's the equivalent of us going direct line of sight in front of an antenna and running speed tests and claiming that's the average speed of Sprint. Real world speeds will vary. 

In addition, Verizons Band 4 is going to vary depending on spectrum availability. Not all markets will be 20x20 (very few actually) while there's plenty of 15x15, 10x10, and even 5x5 spots. 

5x5? I knew that some areas didn't have 20x20, but I didn't realize it got that bad.

Do you know which (main) markets are only 5x5?

From the leaks, all the Samsung devices getting 4.3 this fall are getting Knox, GS3, GN2, GS Mini/Active, etc.

My question, what if you already have a custom recovery, etc?  Can't a ROM Dev just take the stock rom, strip all that crap out and just install the modified stock OS from the existing custom recovery?

From the leaks, all the Samsung devices getting 4.3 this fall are getting Knox, GS3, GN2, GS Mini/Active, etc.

My question, what if you already have a custom recovery, etc? Can't a ROM Dev just take the stock rom, strip all that crap out and just install the modified stock OS from the existing custom recovery?

I think will be ok as long as you install a stripped down ROM like you said. If you ever have to return for warranty however, and you flash back to stock my understanding is that once your phone updates while on stock unrooted you're screwed.

I think will be ok as long as you install a stripped down ROM like you said. If you ever have to return for warranty however, and you flash back to stock my understanding is that once your phone updates while on stock unrooted you're screwed.

As long as you don't have to go into Sprint, Odin a previous release stock rom, then custom recovery.

As long as you don't have to go into Sprint, Odin a previous release stock rom, then custom recovery.

That's why I said of your phone updates, i.e. don't update your phone if it pops up on your screen.

On a different note, I was under the impression initially that the part Knox that is the flash counter was a special hardware piece in the note 3. Maybe the Knox that our phones will get is purely the software component of it and won't have the custom recovery counter.