Shentel / Sprint LTE - (was ntelos - West & N&W Virginia)

marioc21

Does anyone have any advice for my phone, I have an iPhone 6 Plus and today in Roanoke it is showing Sprint LTE in the top left screen corner but data is not working at all. I have tried to restart, reset network settings and the ##update# but still no data.

Any help would be appreciated.

Do a ##clear#

Then a ##update#

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

A friend of mine has been connected on his 6 Plus all day long with no drop off, in Beckley. My phone won't stay connected unless I'm in the same spot and not too far indoors. Strange. Frustrating. But I'm very happy it's here somewhat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so is the concensus yay or nay for lte in cville?

While running errands today, there was LTE *almost* everywhere, but my phone would revert to EVDO all to easily. I even had to do another profile update going up Rt 29 to Target. It seemed better in the near western part of Albemarle. I suspect there's some serious optimization that still needs to happen, although I'd hoped that was already done for the nTelos users.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

• Like 1

While running errands today, there was LTE *almost* everywhere, but my phone would revert to EVDO all to easily. I even had to do another profile update going up Rt 29 to Target. It seemed better in the near western part of Albemarle. I suspect there's some serious optimization that still needs to happen, although I'd hoped that was already done for the nTelos users.

Ok nice to hear I have a iphone 6s.  Should be back in town tomorrow.  Did you have to do a prl update or did your phone just connect?

Ok nice to hear I have a iphone 6s. Should be back in town tomorrow. Did you have to do a prl update or did your phone just connect?

Well, I did 2 ##update#'s at home this AM, and another profile update on the road, but it seemed fairly spontaneous. Hard to factor out my anxiety/excitement after all the waiting!

Hope so! Most of the LTE I saw was 800, so I was a little surprised it wasn't holding up in buildings

Yes, this is all the same issues they have when they first turn it on everywhere. It will time time to adjust and fine tune things. Hopefully you will see the improvements you desire.

• Like 2

Hope so! Most of the LTE I saw was 800, so I was a little surprised it wasn't holding up in buildings

I wish mine was 800 it's 1900 here and everytime i go to certain parts of my house i drop to 3g