PayPal supports recurring donations to support S4GRU

S4GRU

I have now received two notices from PayPal for two S4GRU members who have selected regular recurring donations to S4GRU. I know many of you have been disappointed that you haven't had this option before in the past, and it appears now you can set up a regular recurring payment scenario on your PayPal account.

It's called an "Automatic Payment Profile." You can set that up on your PayPal account with your next donation to have it automatically donate monthly for an amount you choose.  Information about how to do that is listed in the post below this one.

If you've thought about utilizing an automatic payment system in the past to support S4GRU, please do so. One of the problems with our funding is that it's highly cyclical. We often have dry spells of little to no donations. To have a good portion of members on auto pay would likely stabilize our funding to be more even and useful.

I thank you in advance for your consideration of this service to support the site.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by S4GRU
Revised with more accurate info
  • Like 10

OK, here is how the recurring works.  If you click on the Donate button on the top right hand corner of the forums page, it now has a monthly recurring box next to the donation amount box on the following PayPal page.  If you would like to make recurring monthly donations, select this box and put in the amount of the recurring monthly donation amount.  This can be cancelled anytime in the future should your finances change.

Feel free to put in $5, $10, $20, $25...whatever your monthly budget allows and you're willing to support S4GRU with.  However, it appears that only monthly recurring payments are supported.  Weekly or bi-weekly does not seem to be allowed at this time.  But this is good news for all you folks who have been asking for this feature for a long time!

Thank you all for supporting S4GRU!

Robert

I'm kind of surprised that only one person has added this monthly contribution to S4GRU since it was announced earlier this week.  I have been asked to add this feature by at least two dozen members.  Perhaps you all were waiting for the weekend?  :tu:

Robert

I'm kind of surprised that only one person has added this monthly contribution to S4GRU since it was announced earlier this week.  I have been asked to add this feature by at least two dozen members.  Perhaps you all were waiting for the weekend?  :tu:

Robert

We're waiting for you to say we get special tags on our names.

• Like 3

Perhaps you all were waiting for the weekend?  :tu:

Robert brings out the Loverboy in all of us.  Everyone's watching to see what you will do-nate...

AJ

Robert

Make that two.

:)

• Like 1

Thanks to the now three members who have added recurring donations! :)

I asked PayPal if there was any way to choose the day of the month in which the payment is made, but have not heard back yet. Robert, do you have any power to change which day a user makes a recurring payment on your end? I am guessing probably not, but who knows. This feature seems to be in its infancy on PayPal.

-Mike

I asked PayPal if there was any way to choose the day of the month in which the payment is made, but have not heard back yet. Robert, do you have any power to change which day a user makes a recurring payment on your end? I am guessing probably not, but who knows. This feature seems to be in its infancy on PayPal.

-Mike

I think it's just automatically the day you sign up for it. I don't see a way to change it, least not yet.

I haven't been able to find a way to pick a day, yet.

You means I can't get it done for the day my welfare check comes in?  And when's you gonna start taking Western Union?

:P

AJ

You means I can't get it done for the day my welfare check comes in? And when's you gonna start taking Western Union?

:P

AJ

I have been asked to take Western Union Speedpay, Bitcoin and other monetary sites before! :hee:

But not by Mike, of course! :tu:

• Like 1

I haven't been able to find a way to pick a day, yet.

PayPal just got back to me (a phone call and an email.. surprisingly enthusiastic).. they claim that the recipient has the ability to modify the payment date after the automatic payment is created, but the sender does not. In any case, not a huge issue; users can just cancel and recreate the payment on their preferred day of the month.

-Mike