Alcatel-Lucent CEO: Company could disappear

Fraydog

Their equipment might not be second rate but the speed at which they deploy NV is. Just compare the progress of Chicago and Washington/Baltimore. Both first round NV markets yet Washington/Baltimore have a ton of sites without lte where as almost all of Chicago have lte. Ni really hate being in an AL market.

• Like 1

Their equipment might not be second rate but the speed at which they deploy NV is. Just compare the progress of Chicago and Washington/Baltimore. Both first round NV markets yet Washington/Baltimore have a ton of sites without lte where as almost all of Chicago have lte. Ni really hate being in an AL market.

Don't forget that with Chicago there were incompatibilities with legacy equipment that made them speed the process up, having said that, I think your point has some truth to it.

Baltimore market is a mess.The eastern shore tower's for the most part where to be all done in 2012 there is 12 or so live with 4g. BS

I hope alcaltel-lucent is locked out of the next round of network upgrades. They are moving at a snails pace in their deployments compared to Samsung and Ericsson. Hopefully, Nokia will buy them out.

That's interesting since according to the NV sites complete map they've done more NV sites than either Samsung or Ericcson. Just sayin'...

I wouldn't call any of ALU equipment second rate, it's just that compared to other companies such as Samsung, Ericsson and NSN, they just aren't at the same level with current technology.

• Like 1

That's interesting since according to the NV sites complete map they've done more NV sites than either Samsung or Ericcson. Just sayin'...

That is because they have the most 3G complete. As far as 4g forget it, they are no where close. Their first round markets are way behind Samsung and Ericsson.

That is because they have the most 3G complete. As far as 4g forget it, they are no where close. Their first round markets are way behind Samsung and Ericsson.

They maybe lagging in that regard, but no one has offered hard evidence that it is their equipment's fault. It maybe their scheduling, or their crews, or the backhaul providers fault. I don't hear much of their deployments being riddled with doughnuts and 1x 800 sites that made it impossible to place calls.

• Like 2

I wouldn't call any of ALU equipment second rate, it's just that compared to other companies such as Samsung, Ericsson and NSN, they just aren't at the same level with current technology.

So would that be first and a half rate?

• Like 1

They maybe lagging in that regard, but no one has offered hard evidence that it is their equipment's fault. It maybe their scheduling, or their crews, or the backhaul providers fault. I don't hear much of their deployments being riddled with doughnuts and 1x 800 sites that made it impossible to place calls.

It's a forum, there is no such thing as hard evidance. Just appeals to athority :P

• Like 2

On AlLu, I really think their problem isn't the quality of what they build, but that their tech simply isn't as advanced. 

It is advanced enough to be 4G. It is advanced enough to not have widespread problems with legacy equipment. How are you defining as advanced?

It is advanced enough to be 4G. It is advanced enough to not have widespread problems with legacy equipment. How are you defining as advanced?

How about it's really really problematic for 3GPP Release 10?

So if you look at the division of the country you will see that Alcatel really is responsible for two regions in the country. This is equivalent to 54% of the top 20 markets. Ericsson is responsible for 25% and Samsung for 21% of the top 20 markets. So Alcatel is upgrading half of the population. They should have twice as many sites completed as the other vendors.

For the top 100 markets alcatel has 44%, Samsung and Ericsson have about 27% each.