HTC ONE vs EVO LTE

Feech

So for all you former LTE users that went to the ONE what was your experience like between the two phones.  I'm thinking of picking up the ONE today but I'm a little gun shy because of the issues with the EVOs radio performance.  Can any of you reassure me that performance will be better from your experience?  Are you seeing any of the same problems carrying over like the hard hand offs, delays in connecting, or not picking up LTE at all.  I know I have a 14 day window but its my sons upgrade and I would rather not return the phone after switching numbers and then having to do that all over again.

The issue with HTC handsets on Sprint LTE really seems to be their propensity to network reselect down to eHRPD.  I do not believe it is truly an RF problem.  So, if you are willing to put your HTC handset in CDMA1X/LTE mode, that takes the eHRPD reselection out of the equation, and you get much more LTE "coverage."

AJ

• Like 3

So for all you former LTE users that went to the ONE what was your experience like between the two phones.  I'm thinking of picking up the ONE today but I'm a little gun shy because of the issues with the EVOs radio performance.  Can any of you reassure me that performance will be better from your experience?  Are you seeing any of the same problems carrying over like the hard hand offs, delays in connecting, or not picking up LTE at all.  I know I have a 14 day window but its my sons upgrade and I would rather not return the phone after switching numbers and then having to do that all over again.

I haven't had any issues with connecting to lte at all, my experience with the one is top notch and I would say that pound for pound its the best smartphone I have ever owned thus far.  For comparison, I did also buy the gs4 on release day before I returned it a few days later.  During the limited time I had with the gs4, it performed the same as the One did as far as staying connected to lte.  I ended up returning the gs4 because of the constant UI lag, even with every single feature turned off it still wasn't as responsive as the One.  Not sure if you are an htc loyalist or not but the nexus 5 should be announced in a few days, I would say wait to see what that will be about plus its triband.

EDIT: This is my 2,000th post, woohooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

• Like 2

The issue with HTC handsets on Sprint LTE really seems to be their propensity to network reselect down to eHRPD.  I do not believe it is truly an RF problem.  So, if you are willing to put your HTC handset in CDMA1X/LTE mode, that takes the eHRPD reselection out of the equation, and you get much more LTE "coverage."

AJ

The HTC EVO 4G LTE that I owned had RF issues. When I owned the handset, I was often unable to find service at all in "edge-of-service" and "cell-edge" scenarios where other devices would see ~-100 dBm on 1X. It also had a "death grip" issue for its CDMA 850 antenna; when roaming on VZW's 850 MHz CDMA, touching the device would cause a drop anywhere from 10 to 20 dBm. I never had the chance to test it on 4G LTE nor 1X 800, as I switched to the Samsung Galaxy Note II before Network Vision was in full swing in my market.

The HTC EVO 4G LTE that I owned had RF issues. When I owned the handset, I was often unable to find service at all in "edge-of-service" and "cell-edge" scenarios where other devices would see ~-100 dBm on 1X. It also had a "death grip" issue for its CDMA 850 antenna; when roaming on VZW's 850 MHz CDMA, touching the device would cause a drop anywhere from 10 to 20 dBm. I never had the chance to test it on 4G LTE nor 1X 800, as I switched to the Samsung Galaxy Note II before Network Vision was in full swing in my market.

With my evo I never had any issues at all with 3g/1x connectivity, my only issues were 4g related.  On the other hand while my gnex performed great with 4g, it was by far the worst 3g/1x performing device I have ever used........ever.

I owned the EVO LTE since launch day, yesterday I traded it in for a One. If you liked the EVO you would love the one. Everything about it seems upgraded from the EVO. I can tell you that everyone on this board was right about the EVO rf performance. It worked well enough for me but you never know how much it impacts your experience until you try another device. It feels like I have lte everywhere now!

Sent from my HTCONE now Free

• Like 1

Thanks guys so far I'm liking for the hardware. Still seeing the same issues with LTE performance though. I will get out with it some in some areas that were troublesome and see how it performs.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk now Free

Thanks guys so far I'm liking for the hardware. Still seeing the same issues with LTE performance though. I will get out with it some in some areas that were troublesome and see how it performs.

What LTE issues are you seeing with the ONE? It was a night and day difference for me when driving around.

I'm not questioning your experience at all, just wondering if I am missing something.

Sent from my HTCONE now Free

I have had the EVO LTE, then the GS3, and then the ONE. The ONE by far has been the best that I've owned. I did not notice any difference in LTE reception between the GS3 and the ONE. Just about anything is an improvement over the EVO LTE, though in my part of Kansas City the network was dense enough that I didn't have any issues with the EVO LTE.