Crossed Lines

lilg740

This problem has been plaguing my area for the least 2 weeks or so. Here is pretty much how it happens.

When ever I call someone, with Sprint. From either my Sprint phone or from a landline. The lines get crossed. For instance, today i called my boss who has sprint and It rang on my end and his end. When he picked up he was talking to someone named Dana and on my end i got someone named Dale's voicemail. 

Anyone know what would cause this or seen this happen? Our area is in progress with NV.

When I first got Sprint, about five years ago, I had this issue in one section of the city where my signal would be basically vapor and whenever I was on the phone I'd get pieces of other conversations fading in and out while I was on the line. I haven't noticed that in a few years, though.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone - so here's something I never thought I'd be saying in 2013: recently I've been experiencing crossed telephone lines.

Specifically, when I get a call from Person A (at this time I can't tell if it's just that one person who happens to be a VZ subscriber or anybody who calls me), I answer the phone only to find someone else is on the line. This has happened randomly roughly 4 or 5 times over the last month. I use Google Voice integration with Sprint and right now I'm thinking that's the problem, but I haven't tried turning it off or anything like that yet.

Has anyone else experienced this? Thoughts?

Thanks

Hi everyone - so here's something I never thought I'd be saying in 2013: recently I've been experiencing crossed telephone lines.

Specifically, when I get a call from Person A (at this time I can't tell if it's just that one person who happens to be a VZ subscriber or anybody who calls me), I answer the phone only to find someone else is on the line. This has happened randomly roughly 4 or 5 times over the last month. I use Google Voice integration with Sprint and right now I'm thinking that's the problem, but I haven't tried turning it off or anything like that yet.

Has anyone else experienced this? Thoughts?

Thanks

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4616-crossed-lines/?hl=%2Bcrossed+%2Blines

After reading your post, a few months ago I was getting text conversations by Person A and B on my phone. People I didn't know. I called Sprint about this, and they had no clue to what was happening, and told me to go into my Sprint acct and block those numbers preventing getting texts from unknowns. I don't use Google Voice, but did a lot of searching, and found something saying if someone calls/text someone that uses Google Voice, this type of thing happens. Is this true?

This problem has been plaguing my area for the least 2 weeks or so. Here is pretty much how it happens.

When ever I call someone, with Sprint. From either my Sprint phone or from a landline. The lines get crossed. For instance, today i called my boss who has sprint and It rang on my end and his end. When he picked up he was talking to someone named Dana and on my end i got someone named Dale's voicemail. 

Anyone know what would cause this or seen this happen? Our area is in progress with NV.

Having a similar issue as well. Curiously, I'm also in MO (CWE in STL specifically). Don't think NV is happening on my tower yet.

When I get a call from a person I know, someone random is on the line when I answer. The person who was actually calling me either gets silence or a random person on their end.

Called Sprint tech support and they filed a CTMS ticket. Hoping they figure out what's going on. Did this get resolved for you?