Possible 'Droid 5'/P-Q successor leaked?

PythonFanPA

Just saw this posted on the XDA P-Q forum:

http://www.engadget.com/2013/08/23/verizon-motorola-droid-5-leak/

If it comes to Sprint, I sure hope it is better than the Photon Q. That was a pretty big disappointment for me. Talk about a buggy phone. And then not to have Moto's legendary RF performance either. :(

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

What kind of bugs have you experienced?  The one consistently glaring thing I've found on the Q is a weird charging bug where in low or almost-nil signal situations (at least this seems to be when I notice it occurring), the phone doesn't charge normally....instead if you go and look at the status screen, you get a 'Not charging' state rather than Charging vs Discharging.  I've read others compare the radios, but I hadn't used a Moto phone prior to this so I have no personal comparative experience.  Coming from the Epic 4G it was an improvement for me in spite of that though.

I haven't had much major issue beyond the charging issue.  I did have the screen go out on my first one (not from a display but from a touchscreen angle) and had to get it replaced, but I've been fine with it overall otherwise.

• Like 1

If it comes to Sprint, I sure hope it is better than the Photon Q. That was a pretty big disappointment for me. Talk about a buggy phone. And then not to have Moto's legendary RF performance either. :(

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

I was thinking the same thing! I find it interesting that the OEM's that I've had the best luck with in the past (any Moto and the OG EVO) are now not very good RF performers and, the phones that used to suck (Samsung, LG) are now great RF performers.  It is for reasons like this, I am finding it harder and harder to have any loyalty towards one specific OEM. 

• 3 weeks later...

New pic with side by side comparison with the P-Q:

http://www.newcellphonesblog.com/motorola-droid-5-leaked-again.html

i like it, although i do like my Photon Q so that may make me a bit biased.  Granted I cant remember the specs of the Photon Q off hand but does the specs of this phone seem a bit weak?

• 2 weeks later...