How about an Airport section?

akaHuddy

Last year when I was at Lit (Little Rock Airport) 3G was horrible. I couldn't don't anything with out being on wifi and the gate I was at had bad wifi signal. My iPhone just had the little circle dot of wifi. Same for ATL too. In the concourse I couldn't get any data and I don't think ATL had free wifi. Although the only place I was able to use the Internet was on the underground plane train.

Last year when I was at Lit (Little Rock Airport) 3G was horrible. I couldn't don't anything with out being on wifi and the gate I was at had bad wifi signal. My iPhone just had the little circle dot of wifi. Same for ATL too. In the concourse I couldn't get any data and I don't think ATL had free wifi. Although the only place I was able to use the Internet was on the underground plane train.

How ironic, heh.

The last time I went through ATL was December 2011. Didn't have much time to test connectivity, but it seemed to be fine at that point (I had an Epic, so I could catch WiMAX). Most of my surfing got done on the plane though...Gogo WiFi on a Cr48 Chromebook prototype ftw. Or was it my MacBook that I was using at the time? Anyway, I'll be back there in five or so weeks to see how LTE fares in ATL.

As for LIT, as I mentioned earlier in the thread, data ranges from unusable to usable but not amazing depending on where you are in the airport. No LTE, but Voxer PTT worked okay.

Isn't that why the UN created ICAO codes?

No way.  The "K" codes look way too much like FCC call signs.

AJ

Here is a hint. All airports start with a k because it is there callsigns also. Look at the next FedEx package you get, you will see a 3 letter designation just above the bar code. On it you will see that it corresponds with the airport it flew into. For example: I work out of IAD, which is KIAD Dulles international airport. You have JFK, EWI, BWI, ORD, IAH, DFW, LAX, ATL, SFO, TAC, BOS, RIC, JAX, PHX, IND, PHL, MEM, RDU, DCA and where I work out of IAD. You can Google all the airport codes.

ps, you can also use a app called flight aware, it is free and on Android , iOS, BlackBerry, and Windows Phone.

Here's a direct link:

http://www.rootmetrics.com/blog/what-we-do-and-how-we-do-it/tally-of-airport-rootscore-awards-at-the-50-busiest-u.s.-airports/

The catch is that RootMetrics' numbers are a bit old in some cases. For example, VZW in AUS has gotten better than it already was, or at least it seems that way. And I'll bet AT&T has slowed down, owing to more LTE devices on its network. T-Mobile almost certainly got speedier as well. And maybe Sprint too. A lot has changed in the last several months.