No LTE at NV-looking sites

Two sites that I know of have what look like NV RRUs but are not "broadcasting" (for lack of a better word) LTE. One is at 8016 Strawberry Lane, Charlotte NC and the other is at 1759 Echo Forest Drive, Charlotte NC ("flagpole"). I have more photos of both sites, and can provide them if needed. Explanations welcome.

More than likely, they are waiting for a backhaul to the internet.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Well, that is likely the case for Echo Forest Drive (backhaul provided by a local copper-line ISP), but the Strawberry Lane tower has fiber backhaul through "Dukenet" FTTT services. Still could be the reason though, like if they are still negotiating price or something.

Otherwise, even if they have proper backhaul, they may have to tune the tower with the other lte towers in the area.

More than likely, they are waiting for a backhaul to the internet.

This. Usually if everything looks good and there is no 4G. Usually the backhaul is the cause, without it. Nope. So yeah most likely 4G

No LTE at NV-looking sites

Are you cell site profiling? You know, this can be considered racism.

• Like 4

i posted the same thing a while ago. i took some pics of the biggest tower in my town who seems to have every carrier on it and a bunch of people said it had sprint legacy and NV antennas/RRUs on it but i was in the library that shares a parking lot with it and could not even send an imessage, it seems like nothing is broadcasting from this site at the moment

I've seen sites which have been upgraded, but are not onair yet.

Keep in mind, the physical construction portion is only the beginning (mounting the RRU, new antenna panels, etc.).