Network Vision/LTE - Cleveland/NE Ohio Market

Ianmac23

I just went and checked it out. It's the cell site on the water tower behind Walmart.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Nite.. were you able to pick it up with your N5.. I didn't switch to LTE only on it, but my Galaxy Tab picked it up.. but signal check pro doesn't give a location on the Galaxy Tab

Nite.. were you able to pick it up with your N5.. I didn't switch to LTE only on it, but my Galaxy Tab picked it up.. but signal check pro doesn't give a location on the Galaxy Tab

You can't get the cell site location from LTE yet... I had to drive around and find the tower it was coming from. Check out Sensorly.

You can't get the cell site location from LTE yet... I had to drive around and find the tower it was coming from. Check out Sensorly.

So is CSFB active on that tower or did you have to force LTE?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Well.. My question was more in regards to the Nexus 5, which won't connect without forcing unless the CSFB update has been performed

So Driving to my Avon office this morning I picked up LTE all the way down Lear.  Galaxy Tab told me so.. Forced my N5 to LTE and mapped until I lost signal after turning left down schwartz.  The tower appears to be to the East of Lear, perhaps the tower on the golf course between Bradlee and Crocker?

I then turned Left onto Chester, halfway up chester, my Galaxy Tab once again picked LTE and the signal kept getting stronger.  Switched N5 back to LTE/CDMA/GSM/PRL/Auto and it picked up the LTE (CSFB Active) Speedtest  on Sensorly showes 14.66 down and 5.28 up!).  Galaxy tab speedtested the same (at -108dBm).  I can see the Colorado ave tower from my office, so I don't think that is the tower which is list with LTE.. Perhaps the French Creek tower is active?

I"ll try to map some more when I go out to lunch today..

my marks show up on sensorly already.

• Like 1

So Driving to my Avon office this morning I picked up LTE all the way down Lear.  Galaxy Tab told me so.. Forced my N5 to LTE and mapped until I lost signal after turning left down schwartz.  The tower appears to be to the East of Lear, perhaps the tower on the golf course between Bradlee and Crocker?

I then turned Left onto Chester, halfway up chester, my Galaxy Tab once again picked LTE and the signal kept getting stronger.  Switched N5 back to LTE/CDMA/GSM/PRL/Auto and it picked up the LTE (CSFB Active) Speedtest  on Sensorly showes 14.66 down and 5.28 up!).  Galaxy tab speedtested the same (at -108dBm).  I can see the Colorado ave tower from my office, so I don't think that is the tower which is list with LTE.. Perhaps the French Creek tower is active?

I only wish I had a better idea of the locations since I am not that familiar with the west side.  I've found the first sensorly plots seem to trump any subsequent plots-even ones with significantly stronger signal strength, so I've stopped plotting what I call "residual LTE".  Otherwise,   I have to cover the same spot a bunch of times to try to correct the plot when local LTE comes along.

I only wish I had a better idea of the locations since I am not that familiar with the west side.  I've found the first sensorly plots seem to trump any subsequent plots-even ones with significantly stronger signal strength, so I've stopped plotting what I call "residual LTE".  Otherwise,   I have to cover the same spot a bunch of times to try to correct the plot when local LTE comes along.

Verified that the tower in Avon is the French Creek tower.. Mapped completely around it.  Scored a -80 dBm on the bridge on French Creek Road!

Still couldn't determine which tower I was connected to when coming up Lear this morning, it was Not the Bradley/Crocker tower. Took another trip all the way down Detroit, Up Bradley to Center Ridge.. Picked LTE up again on Center Ridge in North Ridgeville.. but it stayed constant down center ridge..  My guess it is coming from one of the towers in the southern part Ridgeville..  It looks like the tower at the Drive-in is active, so that may be it.. somebody mapped a large portion of the turnpike this morning which runs through NR..

I wish they'd start work on the east side. We're like left in the dark...

I bet they're still working on the east side too. I think we'll instead see bursts of NV launches instead of individual sites now due to equipment incompatability with the old Motorola stuff. A majority of what's left is the more urban areas in Cuyahoga and Summit counties, so they probably want to keep the service disruptions to a minimum and only throw the switch once all equipment is in place.

• Like 1

I bet they're still working on the east side too. I think we'll instead see bursts of NV launches instead of individual sites now due to equipment incompatability with the old Motorola stuff. A majority of what's left is the more urban areas in Cuyahoga and Summit counties, so they probably want to keep the service disruptions to a minimum and only throw the switch once all equipment is in place.

The difference between what we hope for on this side of town vs. what we've had with Sprint had better be dramatic, and soon. I can't believe I'd ever be ready to gamble on the other bargain/upstart carrier but here I am. I'd be willing to spend the several hundred more with Sprint over the life of a 2-year contract if I'll get good coverage and a good top-end triband handset that doesn't necessarily end in -ung but right now that's far from sure.

How far down center ridge did you go in NR?

Is it possible that the elyria Wal-Mart tower reaches a bit of that?

Confirmed it's the Lorain road tower (across the street from the Drive in) Complete a circle down 83 to Lorain to Barton to Center Ridge and back 2 83..  NO CSFB, so N5 wouldn't connect and it was being funky and would not let me to switch to LTE only..  If you follow Lorain on Sensorly zoomed in, you will see a few circles here and there where I reset connection and got lte for a second.  Galaxy tab stayed locked to LTE all the way to 1/2 way down Barton, then lost connection and regained it coming back up center ridge..Kept the signal until  just past the Leer set of lights..  Too bad Galaxy tab 3 LTE doesn't work with Sensorly.  Just activated my HTC one and now i'm going for a ride...

• Like 1

Confirmed it's the Lorain road tower (across the street from the Drive in) Complete a circle down 83 to Lorain to Barton to Center Ridge and back 2 83.. NO CSFB, so N5 wouldn't connect and it was being funky and would not let me to switch to LTE only.. If you follow Lorain on Sensorly zoomed in, you will see a few circles here and there where I reset connection and got lte for a second. Galaxy tab stayed locked to LTE all the way to 1/2 way down Barton, then lost connection and regained it coming back up center ridge..Kept the signal until just past the Leer set of lights.. Too bad Galaxy tab 3 LTE doesn't work with Sensorly. Just activated my HTC one and now i'm going for a ride...

CSFB works on the tower by Walmart.

• Like 1

The difference between what we hope for on this side of town vs. what we've had with Sprint had better be dramatic, and soon. I can't believe I'd ever be ready to gamble on the other bargain/upstart carrier but here I am. I'd be willing to spend the several hundred more with Sprint over the life of a 2-year contract if I'll get good coverage and a good top-end triband handset that doesn't necessarily end in -ung but right now that's far from sure.

It's coming soon, fortunately. The network rebuild will be completed first and the LTE will be right behind. I've noticed that most of the upgraded sites recently have had LTE turned on within a couple weeks. A lot of the rural areas around greater Cleveland have LTE service now and that's only largely happened within the last couple of months. Sprint can't afford to drag their butts anymore as the deployment has already taken longer than planned. I understand your frustration with paying through the nose and not getting anything better than 3G. Heck, I'd look forward to trips to Cleveland just so I could use the WiMAX on my old phone; I was paying for it after all.

• Like 1

After searching the site permits for Lake and Cuyahoga counties I have found that there quite a few sites that they havent even been issued permits to upgrade yet. i think the eastside will most likely be a while longer than the rest of NE Ohio but I hope I'm wrong.

That sounds good.

Sent from my Note II using Tapatalk

So I went and mapped all around the Lorain tower but it doesn't appear to be showing up on the Sensorly map as fast as it did this morning

Going to work this morning, I picked up LTE from the tower on E 28th St in Lorain. I mapped part of it on Sensorly coming back from work this afternoon.

Go figure just moved from the Southside.

Oh well, I have 4G here now.

Sensorly has been automatically been mapping. So if you see route 20, 113/57 and ten mapped over here, that was me.

• Like 1