Sprint bright future

NYC126

It would be interesting to examine how much coverage we have lost in the transition from the external antenna Sanyo flip phones of yore to the aesthetically pleasing smartphones of today.

AJ

I have often wondered that myself.

I hope they change the sprint logo symbol to the the softbank's logo lol

Oh yeah?  How many people in the US know what a "SoftBank" is?  It sounds like a place that you would not trust to hold your money.  Honestly, it is a weak name, though the company itself is a good fit to help Sprint.

AJ

• Like 1

Oh yeah? How many people in the US know what a "SoftBank" is? It sounds like a place that you would not trust to hold your money. Honestly, it is a weak name, though the company itself is a good fit to help Sprint.

AJ

Lol I just think it be best to change the symbol since Nextel is gone and sprint brand is damaged. Since we're in a new era it would be cool to change the logo.

I don't think Sprint should change their logo.  Just drop the Nextel part of the name and you're good.  Honestly majority of people are avoiding/leaving Sprint because of the poor 3G speeds and the poor coverage of 4G Wimax indoors.  In some cases its due to the lack of voice coverage.   Why change the brand of Sprint when its already recognized in the United States to a Japanese brand in Softbank.

The Sprint name has become mud to many average consumers. Either people don't know much about Sprint, faintly remembering the trench coat commercials, or they avoid Sprint because of all of the negatives they've heard or experienced in the past several years.

If the Sprint brand stays, there will NEED to be a massive marketing blitz to attempt to change that perception. The network needs to be DONE when this starts. The last thing you want is a major marketing blitz starting a months before NV is completed and those that come to try the new network end up happening to use the legacy equipment still just by chance.

• Like 2

The Sprint name has become mud to many average consumers. Either people don't know much about Sprint, faintly remembering the trench coat commercials, or they avoid Sprint because of all of the negatives they've heard or experienced in the past several years.

If the Sprint brand stays, there will NEED to be a massive marketing blitz to attempt to change that perception. The network needs to be DONE when this starts. The last thing you want is a major marketing blitz starting a months before NV is completed and those that come to try the new network end up happening to use the legacy equipment still just by chance.

I agree to a point. The marketing blitz should not be done with the idea of capturing customers that you have already lost. By that metric the blitz will fail. It should be done with the idea of capturing brand new customers. Most of the old customers are pissed and you could not drag them back to sprint with a team of horses.

Well, there should not be any native coverage gaps along an Interstate as major as I-95. But the Sprint coverage tool projections look highly conservative in Florida. So, the network has been retuned for capacity along the urban Atlantic coast and/or it was built with different devices in mind. It would be interesting to examine how much coverage we have lost in the transition from the external antenna Sanyo flip phones of yore to the aesthetically pleasing smartphones of today.

AJ

I loved my SCP-8100. That thing got the best reception of anyone I knew on any carrier back then. I don't miss short mail, however. And WAP.

I loved my SCP-8100. That thing got the best reception of anyone I knew on any carrier back then. I don't miss short mail, however. And WAP.

Are you calling me a wop?  Right back at you, guido.

:P

AJ

I've always said this many years ago, they have the ability to capture many markets by fixing the issues with the network and make the coverage match the city expansions in the last 10+ years, do a marketing blitz in the area, and this will get people talking.  They definitely have the pricing and handsets to get it done.  They didn't have the money to do it before but that doesn't seem to be the issue right now with this deal.

• Like 2

His vague points are meaningless. The New Sprint will have a mildly high debt ratio...whoopdeedoo. Compare the debt burdens of the old Sprint..they used to be in a much worse position related to debt. Also, SoftBank can further capitalize Sprint at any time with more money. Additionally, the New Sprint can start retiring a lot of its outstanding debt with much cheaper debt on the Japanese market.

It's not going to be a cakewalk for the New Sprint. But it's a better position for the future than VZW and ATT. They will be seeing their margins reduced. Sprint has nowhere to go but up from here.

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta  

Yeah, just like the Oakland Raiders. No where to go but up!! lol

• Like 1