Time for an Upgrade. Suggestions?

Tranziq

My mother in law's Samsung Transform has finally bit the dust.  I am looking for a Mid/High level phone with a smaller screen to replace the transform.  

I am thinking the Samsung Victory as my buddy has one on Virgin Mobile and is a solid phone and he has no complaints.    

Looking to spend no more than ~$100 with the contract renewal 

I would really like to get the LG Optimus G for her but the phone is just too big.

any ideas or suggestions would be very helpful

The Victory is a great small device. It's only downside is screen size. But for people who want a device that size, it's perfect. Avoid the Viper at all cost. It is not a small LGOG. Not even close.

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 4

I have limited time with the Victory (activation and initial setup) several times. It definitely isn't the phone for me, but I was pleasantly surprised by how snappy the little guy was.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

We are rapidly heading toward a situation in which the only two options will be OS based smartphones for most of us and a few fringe feature phones for small children and decrepit old people.

AJ

The only problem I had with the victory. Which was a deal breaker was the samme internal memory. Cant install more then 3 apps it feels like

We are rapidly heading toward a situation in which the only two options will be OS based smartphones for most of us and a few fringe feature phones for small children and decrepit old people.

AJ

I hate to break it to you, but we're already there. And you're a bit off - small children are getting the White iPhone 4 (it's free and it's what they're clamouring for (and there's a persistent rumour that the Black iPhone has inferior technology)). Feature phones are mostly for the elderly, the super cost-conscious (those on messaging+voice (no data) plans), and those who would still be on Nextel were it not already gone.

Convinced her to go with the Optimus G. She messed with mine and loved the screen and the snappyness of the OS.

Sent from my LG Optimus G

• Like 1