iMessage issues.

Danielj1981

What's up guys, the past couple of days I have been having problems with iMessage on my i5. Running software version 6.1.2, with jailbreak.

All of my messages were going thru as text instead of iMessages. I went to messaging settings and it said that iMessage was "waiting on activation". I turned iMessage on and off 3 times and it finally starts working again. I wonder if this is jailbreak related or if something funky just started happening with iMessage itself. I haven't had this problem before, and it came out of nowhere on mine and my wife's i5.

I don't think it is signal related, because it is doing it on wifi as well. All I know is it is aggrivating!!

Daniel

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

I turned iMessage off by it is annoying on 3G. Just doesn't work.

I generally don't have an issue at all on 3G here using it. It's just been the past couple of days. It's been "waiting on activation" whatever that means lol. iMessage uses such small amounts of data. Even in slow service areas It usually works well for me :(

I have the rare problem with iMessage on EVDO, and it works decent on 1x. But picture messaging sure doesn't. And I'm jailbroken on 6.1.2 as well.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Did you turn on two factor authorization maybe?

I don't have any issues with iMessage. In fact at my apartment that works and MMS doesn't.

I didn't change anything that I know of. It's weird...because now it has been steady without issue all night last night and so far today. (Scratches head) and I agree, when I'm on wifi iMessage usually works better than SMS and mms. Just the last 3 days have been rough, without a clear reason why. I will keep an eye on it. If It comes back and I figure it out, I will post. Thanks guys.

Do you have a Mac? Did you install the just-released 10.8.4 ML update? There were some changes made to the OS X client. Sign out of iMessage on all your devices and then sign back in.

It's funny how quick people are to blame "the jailbreak". If evasi0n caused an issue with iMessage there would be a huge backlash and it would be all over the tech news sites. If anything, your device may be experiencing a problem with a buggy app or tweak you installed - but it almost certainly has nothing to do with the jailbreak itself.

Do you have a Mac? Did you install the just-released 10.8.4 ML update? There were some changes made to the OS X client. Sign out of iMessage on all your devices and then sign back in.

It's funny how quick people are to blame "the jailbreak". If evasi0n caused an issue with iMessage there would be a huge backlash and it would be all over the tech news sites. If anything, your device may be experiencing a problem with a buggy app or tweak you installed - but it almost certainly has nothing to do with the jailbreak itself.

I do have an iMac. It did an update last week. I'm not sure if it had anything to do with it or not. As I never use iMessage on the Mac. I do however use it on the iPad. I did what u recommended and logged out of iMessage and apple altogether and signed back in.

On a side note I wasn't blaming evasi0n. I love the jailbreak. I just didn't know what caused the issue(still really don't) and mentioned the jail break because it is an important piece of the puzzle here.

My wife's 4s was having issues during the same time period and I have her phone on 6.1.2 (not jailbroken). She was having issues even when on wifi; everything was coming through on her iPad though which is 6.1.3. I signed her out of iMessage all together, waited about a half hour then singed back in - seemed to work - But could have just been cooincidental. I'm thinking there was something on Apple's end with 6.1.2 devices?

So I did some experimenting here....I just logged my iPad 3 (running iOS 6.1.3) back into iMessage to see what would happen.

As soon as I went to send an iMessage to my wife from my i5, my iMessage when screwy again. I'm rely starting to wonder if being logged into two iOS devices with different software versions, is the culprit here.

Logged iPad back out and iMessage "activation" issue went away again... Hmmmmm

Could be. I have both an iPad 2 and a iPhone 5 and have no issue with iMessage on them. However, my iMac can't run 10.8 so I don't have the opportunity to use it on my desktop.