Network Vision/LTE - Buffalo Market

S4GRU

The first sites in the Buffalo market were accepted today.  Two sites in the East Aurora area.  These are 3G only, for now.  But Buffalo is now moving.  Watch out now!!!

These sites will be added to the NV SItes Complete Map in the next update.

Robert

• Like 1

:wiggle: GREAT info Robert, thanks! I know it's only 3G for now but knowing that work is underway makes me excited for 4G soon. I had a small taste of it in Disney World last week and was floored by how fast it was. My data connection at home has been wonky the past couple weeks where it has normally been rock solid, so hopefully this is a sign of something. Thanks again for the great work!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Grr.... Hurry up the the LTE sprint Buffalo is the forgotten one with sprint when rochester and syracuse were partying with wimax we were and still are putting along on 4g but this is good news!

• 2 weeks later...

Just a thought but will Network Vision and 4g come to grace sprint areas with just 2g or whatever Like Dunkirk and fredonia, ny .. No good 3g was one of the reasons i wouldn't go to Suny Fredonia area code 14063 

if you look at the sprint map it says they have 3g and more which really just is meaning it has sprint data coverage if you go to the virgin mobile page it gives you the truth of just data coverage (not 3g) Plus i can confirm that from being there!

Aj is gonna make a a comment I can see it now. Lol. Sprint has no 2g it is 1x which is actually "3g". If I am not mistaken.

• Like 1

Sprint plans to upgrade all of its native sites to LTE (4G) as part of Network Vision, which will also add EVDO coverage as well. Unless this is one of the few remaining affiliate areas not run by Sprint, it should be upgraded in the next year at worst.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

Yes it is! The buffalo market extends all the way from Niagara Falls, to batavia down to like dunkirk area... its huge, probaly bigger than i stated!

Thanks! I actually found the map and it is a very large market indeed! Even my town is included and I'm all the way at the start of lake ontario. I live in the boonies basically  :lol:

lol i see you learned how to quote... i still havent... help??

at the bottom of someone's post there are two buttons, multiquote and quote. I've just been using quote because I can't seem to get multi to work. Anyways I just push quote and then it pops into the reply menu on the bottom. Have you tried doing that? I don't know how much more I could help though  :wacko: If that doesn't work maybe Robert or another administrator can chime in  :)

at the bottom of someone's post there are two buttons, multiquote and quote. I've just been using quote because I can't seem to get multi to work. Anyways I just push quote and then it pops into the reply menu on the bottom. Have you tried doing that? I don't know how much more I could help though  :wacko: If that doesn't work maybe Robert or another administrator can chime in  :)

it seems i have to start typing first

whats with the whole no acceptances lately, the last update for buffalo was june 29th

I know it's unfortunate. I really hope we see updates soon, especially lte ones considering we never even got wimax(barely). :( Hopeully there's going to be a day with just a bunch of updates. *fingers crossed*

I'm really hoping that we get upgraded to 800 mhz on a lot of the towers by my house. I'm out in the sticks so our towers are far and few in between. Does anyone know how sprint is deciding on which towers receive 800? Or is this a mystery to us?

Hi, I'm pretty new here, still getting comfortable.

But does anyone know if there have been any updates on Spring 4G in the Buffalo markets?  Like some, our contracts are up and I'm really considering a change to Verizon or AT&T, but heard rumors it may be here in August 2013?   I'll wait it out another month, but after that, if no 4G after paying for it for 2yrs, I think its time to move to someone else.

Hi, I'm pretty new here, still getting comfortable.

But does anyone know if there have been any updates on Spring 4G in the Buffalo markets? Like some, our contracts are up and I'm really considering a change to Verizon or AT&T, but heard rumors it may be here in August 2013? I'll wait it out another month, but after that, if no 4G after paying for it for 2yrs, I think its time to move to someone else.

Hey there

There's quite a few of updates in the Buffalo area but none yet LTE. It's only a matter of time before they can be flipped on. Hang in there - it's coming!

If you become a sponsor, you can view the map of sites that are in progress in your area.

Hey there

There's quite a few of updates in the Buffalo area but none yet LTE. It's only a matter of time before they can be flipped on. Hang in there - it's coming!

If you become a sponsor, you can view the map of sites that are in progress in your area.

Yeah but all of them are not in the immediate buffalo area... just saying buffalo market is quite big... and there hasn't been an update since june! Hurry up Sprint.. But stay around it should come soon!

I walked into the local sprint store near the Galleria last night to ask about 4G.

I think the girl was honest and truthful, but you never know for sure.  But I was told that it will be up and running by 12/31 at the latest, and that the store ware recently notified via email that it is coming.  And she said normally when they get that type of email, it has to start launching within 90 days.

So I would have to say a good guess would be Buffalo should have it in 3 to 6 months?

Edited by pt_muldoon

Buffalo market will likely have its first LTE site active in the next 30 days or so. It will be six months or more from launch. But as each site goes active, it will be usable to customers.

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1