Network Vision/LTE - Buffalo Market

S4GRU

Yep and those are my towers go getzville! Loving it! Except I keep losing my 3g signal like crazy

Boy you weren't kidding! I was near North Campus and Boulevard Mall area this morning and my battery went from full charge to 50% in about 3 hours, and I wasn't even using my phone! Tried to run a speed test and it wouldn't even start. I wonder if they're working on that tower near there. Didn't think to take a drive over to see if there's activity since it's on a dead-end road.

Wait were u using a upgraded tower or one not yet... btw does anyone know if the getzville towers r gmos or full build

Almost positive I was on a non-upgraded one in the vicinity of Maple & Sweet Home. I thought you were eluding to you having connection issues because you were on an old tower that hadn't been upgraded. Or am I wrong in that assumption?

Boy you weren't kidding! I was near North Campus and Boulevard Mall area this morning and my battery went from full charge to 50% in about 3 hours, and I wasn't even using my phone!

I know that your battery will run low when it's searching for service, but does that only include when your phone has zero service and it's attempting to find a tower? The reason I ask is because at work I usually only get about 2 bars of service and I swear my phone dies much quicker, opposed to at home where I have an airave so I constantly have a full 6 bars. So, is my phone scanning constantly for a stronger site or is this just a coincidence that my phone dies quicker at work?

Btw buffalo crew I'm in lancaster right now I'm mapping on sensorly in the middle of a bonfire and 4g lights ul new tower for sure! Btw the speed on this thing is pitiful though like 1mbps up and down at -100

Im wondering why I haven't seen any good LTE speeds all I have been getting are around 1-2mbps on LTE. No double digits as of yet and im sure someone on here knows why but my guess is no backhaul? Or just not enough or just everyone in Buffalo has an LTE phone and we are all on just 2 towers hah

We have 4 accepted ones n the one I was reporting... was a non accepted tower... the problem is everyone lokking for 4g is goin to that tower n not there closest one

Btw 12:09 it up back down n up legit I'm now being kickrd on and off strong 4g why are they working at midnight

Today i was near airport at friends house i was chugging down data at average of 9.5 mbps but this was at like 10:30pm lol and later by 1am i was getting on average 11.5 mbps IMPRESSIVE! I had like full to -1 bar 

• Like 1

Well, to be honest at this point I don't care which area of our market gets it as long as we start getting some more updates. It seems that Buffalo gets one update and then it can go weeks without another. When other markets such as cleveland or chicago seem to get several every time an updated acceptance report is posted.

As far as where the towers are going, you can become an s4gru sponsor and have access to all sorts of interactive maps, which one of them includes showing which sites in a market have been updated.

Buffalo and Syracuse are way far ahead of Rochester. (I am in the Rochester area well Ontario county).

Caught a momentary 4G signal on Transit, in front of the Clarence Walmart. This is at twelve thirty in the morning and it was gone almost as soon as I noticed it, but still a very good sign.

• Like 1

4g seems to be testing all across buffalo which is amazing news!

Caught a momentary 4G signal on Transit, in front of the Clarence Walmart. This is at twelve thirty in the morning and it was gone almost as soon as I noticed it, but still a very good sign.

So basically the last week and a half I have had by far the worst 3G performance I have ever had with them. Pardon the server it had pretty much same pings. I'm guessing, and not getting any hopes up, that this may indicate that local towers around me are having work done on them

post-23441-0-74937200-1378854985_thumb.png

So basically the last week and a half I have had by far the worst 3G performance I have ever had with them. Pardon the server it had pretty much same pings. I'm guessing, and not getting any hopes up, that this may indicate that local towers around me are having work done on them

wow that is pretty terrible. Idk if this indicates work or not but it's nice to think it does. Whereabouts in Buffalo were those?

Why does it seem as though other cities in new York have stronger lte signals, at least according to sensorly? If you look at Albany and Schenectady they have much darker purple on the map than buffalo does? Could their backhaul be "stronger"? Or does this have to do with buffalo being a larger city and therefore probably having more large buildings?

Why does it seem as though other cities in new York have stronger lte signals, at least according to sensorly? If you look at Albany and Schenectady they have much darker purple on the map than buffalo does? Could their backhaul be "stronger"? Or does this have to do with buffalo being a larger city and therefore probably having more large buildings?

Hey guys im in oswego, ny right now our lte tower is horrible... lol i miss buffalo lte so much!!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys im in oswego, ny right now our lte tower is horrible... lol i miss buffalo lte so much!!!

There is no Buffalo LTE  <_< Unless you mean the less than 2% of Buffalo filled with purple on Sensorly, if you're not you're mistaking 4G LTE with speeds likening 150 Kbps.