How slow is your Sprint 3G data?

Terrell352

So I am bored and I'm not around WiFi at the moment and I noticed trying to keep up with my blogs and sports news, rss feeds or even checking a email is painfully slow. I see a new Google search update came out today and I try to download of 3G. It took almost ten mins to get to 28% completion on this 11 mb file then gets a data connection error afterwards. I know the file is not small but I dont see any justification for speeds this slow to be called 3G. Around 82dbm not a bad signal. So I ask you guys how slow is your 3G data and when your in a situation and need reliable 3G with no WiFi available is Sprint kind to you?

I know I had a 9 gb. Movie to download and it took for ever, all seriousness aside its up and down but I'm pretty happy with what I have. I would like to have at least three megs down that would make me a happy camper or I would say happy gilmore?.... Damn I missed the movie clip to add

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Are you in a Sprint 3g network vision area or have they always had good 3g?

I am in NYC so I am surrounded by NV. Before, I would get about 10kbps average and 100kbos on a good day. Now it is 10 times faster, and todayvi got 4G in my home for the first time. In the more rural areas of North Carolina that I visit, the speeds are roughly the same albeit the pings are a bit higher.

• Like 1

I get 0.02mbps during some parts of the day and 2.5mbps at other times and locations from the same site. Its one of my gripes with Sprint 3G, the lack of consistency and dependability. The problem can't really be fixed except with new (non-T1) based backhaul.

So........yeah it can be fast, it can be slow. Network Vision will fix the problem.

If you don't like waiting for NV and live in a major metro area, T-Mobile makes for a great band-aid fix with their 5 gig $30 a month prepaid plan and their HSPA+ network.

• Like 2

I get 0.02mbps during some parts of the day and 2.5mbps at other times and locations from the same site. Its one of my gripes with Sprint 3G, the lack of consistency and dependability. The problem can't really be fixed except with new (non-T1) based backhaul.

So........yeah it can be fast, it can be slow. Network Vision will fix the problem.

If you don't like waiting for NV and live in a major metro area, T-Mobile makes for a great band-aid fix with their 5 gig $30 a month prepaid plan and their HSPA+ network.

Do they still offer that plan?

I am in NYC so I am surrounded by NV. Before, I would get about 10kbps average and 100kbos on a good day. Now it is 10 times faster, and todayvi got 4G in my home for the first time. In the more rural areas of North Carolina that I visit, the speeds are roughly the same albeit the pings are a bit higher.

Congrats on the lte in home signal. I would pay to make my city a priority

• Like 1

With rare exceptions, I can consistently count on 1Mbps down & up wherever I go. NV upgrades have really made a huge difference over the past 3 months, and the LTE footprint in my area gets bigger by the day. Patience is being rewarded.