Team Sourcery 4.2.2 rom for the galaxy nexus

rwhittaker13

Hey yall! Figured id do another rom review for the galaxy nexus since i have some spare time on my hands. The rom of the week this time is... (drumroll please)..

Team Sourcery`s ROM!

FEATURES:

Well, i will make it as simple as possible. This rom is built over android`s 4.2.2 base, and definetely makes jelly bean that much more tasty! Of course, all of the features that come stock with 4.2.2 are included on this rom, but there are some more toppings added to flavor things up a bit. Lets take a look at what we got here:

*Option to Zipalign APK`S (Allows apps to respond quicker, and run faster)

*Developer options is finally back!(seemed to be taken off of the stock software)

*GPU Overclock up to 512 Mhz(Usually is much more stable to change. Ive done multiple tests

and ive never had a problem with changing that.)

*Custom kernel(Overclocking is possible, but you may want to be more careful with doing that as i have had more crashes on my phone, or random reboots if you change the clock speed above 1.2 Ghz. It has to do with the incorrect voltages being used for the higher clock speeds i believe)/

*Tablet Mode(This rom probably has one of the best tablet modes out of any other rom that supports it. The only problem is the signal strength indicator is too small to see once in tablet mode.)

JB Sourcery Tools(Allows almost complete control over your phone. From custom themes and lockscreen widgets, to custom kernels, and even custom status bar icons, i find this feature to be one of my personal favorites, but thats just my opinion.)

*Trickster MOD kernel settings included(This is the program that controls any modifications that can be made to your system. Includes build.prop tweaking settings, boot images, and with certain kernels, headphone sound boosting options, and high performance sound option.)

*Buttery smooth(Probably one of the quickest roms ive ever used before. Doesnt lag, and is suprisingly stable.

*Great Battery life(For the best battery life, flash Trinity`s kernel. Most of the clock speeds are undervolted, resulting in less power consumption, but not a noticable difference in the speed of the device.

Conclusion:

All i have to say is: Give it a shot. Dont forget to back-up your data using clockwordmod recovery(DO NOT USE TITANIUM BACKUP TO RESTORE ANY APPS! THE SYSTEM UID`S ARE MISMATCHED IF YOU RESTORE WITH TITANIUM, RESULTING IN EVERY APP FORCE CLOSING!)

Thats all for now. Enjoy the post!

Edited by rwhittaker13