Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

And?

I wouldn't trust any information from a franchise store. For the same reasons I will only deal with a corporate store. Franchise has very little incentive  other than the  commission on the sale of equipment/plans. The staff training would also be sub par as you comaperd to company store

I wouldn't trust any information from a franchise store. For the same reasons I will only deal with a corporate store. Franchise has very little incentive  other than the  commission on the sale of equipment/plans. The staff training would also be sub par as you comaperd to company store

Okay thanks. Not sure how most people would know or think to ask if the store is corporate when they walk in. My only point was to mention that they don't tell the truth. I wouldn't even trust a store if they were corporate. Obviously Sprint's own customer service representatives have been saying 3 - 6 months (of course it's always an 'estimate') for the past 2 years now after asking for our cross streets while pretending that they are looking up privileged information to share with us (as they do on their forums, their facebook page, and over the phone). I'm not trash talking, just stating what has been going on. Any dates given cannot be taken as anything more than wishful planning or in my opinion: efforts to prevent further costumer losses.

• Like 1

So may I ask, is that LTE for Rocklin just one tower, or the entire town? And by LTE you mean Hardware and the switch is still off for the next 3 months+-?

New equipment in Elk Grove, Over by Nestling Circle?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qif8oars5mapkip/Photo%20Jul%2016%2C%205%2034%2036%20PM.jpg

Not new news to us. A cluster launch is the 100% conversion and activation of new equipment in a specific area. Elk Grove cluster launched months and ago and thus have 100% of all the cell sites in Elk Grove has been converted and same for any other area. 

Not new news to us. A cluster launch is the 100% conversion and activation of new equipment in a specific area. Elk Grove cluster launched months and ago and thus have 100% of all the cell sites in Elk Grove has been converted and same for any other area.

Gosh darn it, Lilotimz, if I didn't already know that but I forgot at the same time. Thanks for pointing it out.

I was sitting across the street and was picking up a faint LTE signal.

My SpeedTest speeds have been slower after performing an update on my phone and Sprint said that one or two towers are down in this area. Might they be optimizing?

Gosh darn it, Lilotimz, if I didn't already know that but I forgot at the same time. Thanks for pointing it out.

I was sitting across the street and was picking up a faint LTE signal.

My SpeedTest speeds have been slower after performing an update on my phone and Sprint said that one or two towers are down in this area. Might they be optimizing?

Weak signal and more users using data = slower speeds. That site is not lte active as well.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Weak signal and more users using data = slower speeds. That site is not lte active as well.

Faint signal must have been from the tower at the golf course then, I assume.

Thanks Lilotimz

Faint signal must have been from the tower at the golf course then, I assume.

Thanks Lilotimz

Nope, That signal cuts off near the bridge over the UP mainline. 

Signals coming from Elk Grove Blvd across to the other bridge. 

4G up in Rocklin. Not sure if the signal is coming from the College or elsewhere but I have it at work which is directly across from the Sierra Campus on Rocklin Rd.

Wait, Loomis? LTE? I hope to God I live close enough to actually reach the LTE signal when that switch is flipped.

I have been downloading all the things with my LTE at work today. In the span of an hour I have nearly matched my 3G usage since the 4th lol.

Even the ~5Mbit it seems to be hovering around (anywhere from 3-15Mbit so far today) it is nicely better than my 3M capped at work, or 1.5M I get at home.

What is the range on LTE? I am less then 1Mile away line of sight from a newly lit tower and I am still stuck with 3G. :(

An EVO 4G LTE for now. Only LTE 1900 but I would think 1Mile would be ok since apparently the Rocklin tower at my work is >1M away if it isn't coming from Sierra College Campus itself.

Thinking of picking up a LG G3 soon though.

On the sponsor map, Is 3G/800/4G mean Spark? or just 3G800. Trying to get up to speed reading the info.

An EVO 4G LTE for now. Only LTE 1900 but I would think 1Mile would be ok since apparently the Rocklin tower at my work is >1M away if it isn't coming from Sierra College Campus itself.

Thinking of picking up a LG G3 soon though.

On the sponsor map, Is 3G/800/4G mean Spark? or just 3G800. Trying to get up to speed reading the info.

Hmm I have no idea. Im getting LTE rite now at Rocklin city hall.

Rocklin coverage seems good, (Cannot get it into the gym off of Granite Dr, however) but Loomis seems sparse even though it is on the Del Oro tower.

So after a bit of experimenting, the Tower in Rocklin covers everything it seems, while the one in Loomis over the Football field feels like it isn't covering anything to the north at all as far as 4G. I was unable to get a 4G signal from it until I was near the High School itself off Taylor Road. Once I was there it latched on and I was able to get it a good distance up Swetzer, but I was unable to get anything right in town off the Freeway by Raleys or of course, my place. :(

Is it possible the tower isn't 100% yet for how short of range it is vs. the one in Rocklin, or even it being Directional to cover the Freeway and everything more southeast then northwest where it seems to have no range whatsoever? (I am directly .73Mile from the tower where I am over 1.5 from Park Dr. as the Crow flies.)

I seem to be sitting directly in between that tower and the one off Park Dr, in Rocklin which isn't 4G yet, but if the signal is anything to go by, I am never getting 4G. :wacko:

It's not bad, but 4G needs so much more it seems.

So after a bit of experimenting, the Tower in Rocklin covers everything it seems, while the one in Loomis over the Football field feels like it isn't covering anything to the north at all as far as 4G. I was unable to get a 4G signal from it until I was near the High School itself off Taylor Road. Once I was there it latched on and I was able to get it a good distance up Swetzer, but I was unable to get anything right in town off the Freeway by Raleys or of course, my place. :(

Is it possible the tower isn't 100% yet for how short of range it is vs. the one in Rocklin, or even it being Directional to cover the Freeway and everything more southeast then northwest where it seems to have no range whatsoever? (I am directly .73Mile from the tower where I am over 1.5 from Park Dr. as the Crow flies.)

I seem to be sitting directly in between that tower and the one off Park Dr, in Rocklin which isn't 4G yet, but if the signal is anything to go by, I am never getting 4G. :wacko:

It's not bad, but 4G needs so much more it seems.

Some sites are configured for coverage while some are for capacity. Not all sites are live yet and not all the sites live are optimized (set and tested to correct parameters by engineers).

We're still in the earliest deployment stages here in terms of sites going live and configured properly.

No one with the EVO LTE is allowed to complain about coverage. It is the worst RF performance device for Sprint LTE ever. Please get another phone on EBay. You'll thank yourself.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3

No one with the EVO LTE is allowed to complain about coverage. It is the worst RF performance device for Sprint LTE ever. Please get another phone on EBay. You'll thank yourself.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

When can I start looking for LTE 800 here in ucv?