Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

I don't recall asking for a paid membership. If I wanted it, I would pay for it.

270 miles mapped since last night.

9yby7uqe.jpg

9usugu9u.jpg

u6apytun.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

We are going to connect Sacramento to Yuba in no time. I finally maintained LTE from Elkhorn all the way down to truxel/80 but Sensorly crashed during a speed test and didn't map that leg of my trip this time. I'll get it right tonight.

I'm getting tired of Natomas. Anyone have verifiable LTE in Sacramento in an area that hasn't been mapped yet? NeRD wants to map.

- -

NeRD

We are going to connect Sacramento to Yuba in no time. I finally maintained LTE from Elkhorn all the way down to truxel/80 but Sensorly crashed during a speed test and didn't map that leg of my trip this time. I'll get it right tonight.

I'm getting tired of Natomas. Anyone have verifiable LTE in Sacramento in an area that hasn't been mapped yet? NeRD wants to map.

- -

NeRD

Those who have access to my map and the main maps know where to but the answer is no unless you go to stockton, Chico, or Redding.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

So when I shared my map results, am I breaking or violating forum rules by making that info available to the free members?

I don't mind play ghost hunters at night. I noticed one of the photos in my post the other day was redacted. I understand if I posted a sponsor only photo to the forum. At least tell me what I can't post in the free area.

I'm gunning for 300 miles tonight.

- -

NeRD

New Antennas and RRU's Spotted at 15th & R photos to follow later today. Glad to finally see some movement on sites that have been languishing for awhile now.

Some good close ups of 15& R Progress,  Saw install tech on lift this morning  

http://i.imgur.com/http://imgur.com/72StLwP

http://imgur.com/t3JFyaR

http://i.imgur.com/ZOaF6EQ.jpg

http://imgur.com/NSuyiIJ

http://imgur.com/6Eu6fLL

http://imgur.com/I0Vu1k6

• Like 4

So when I shared my map results, am I breaking or violating forum rules by making that info available to the free members?

I don't mind play ghost hunters at night. I noticed one of the photos in my post the other day was redacted. I understand if I posted a sponsor only photo to the forum. At least tell me what I can't post in the free area.

I'm gunning for 300 miles tonight.

- -

NeRD

Oh no its totally fine to post whatever you find. It's just things like sponsor maps with exact locations, cascade ids, or stuff of the sort that's found in the sponsor areas that can't be posted on the public section of the forums.

Great Stuff

ddimit did you get some shots of the inside of those cabinets? Hehehe

- -

NeRD

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/158342-a-rare-look-inside-an-lte-cell-site-operated-by-sprint-in-san-francisco

• Like 1

Those who have access to my map and the main maps know where to but the answer is no unless you go to stockton, Chico, or Redding.

i haven't picked up much in chico except on the north end.  but i did start mapping glenn county the other day and will be doing more.  is there lte in redding now?  i dont go up there much but i can check it out next week sometime.

• Like 1

i haven't picked up much in chico except on the north end.  but i did start mapping glenn county the other day and will be doing more.  is there lte in redding now?  i dont go up there much but i can check it out next week sometime.

A handful. Will post locations in the progress thread. 

Whoa I didn't notice this thread covers more than Sacramento. Gas tank is filled up and ready for mapping tonight.

@lilotimz: do your maps show mapped area the public section doesn't see? I sorta like finding towers on my own but I'll pay to play in the Sac area. (=

- -

NeRD

Whoa I didn't notice this thread covers more than Sacramento. Gas tank is filled up and ready for mapping tonight.

@lilotimz: do your maps show mapped area the public section doesn't see? I sorta like finding towers on my own but I'll pay to play in the Sac area. (=

- -

NeRD

Here is the maps of markets  defined by Sprint (we have maps of every single cell site in each market)

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/page/index.html/_/articles/nationwide-sprint-market-map-is-here-r31

Here's my map that the sponsors have access to and refer to...

Q4XXDRu.png

Every single point is a Sprint cell site and i have compiled as much information as possible on each one. 

Just a clarification -- donating to the site is not donating to the staff or anyone else. We are all volunteers who spend our free time here. The money goes towards the site upkeep (~$1000 or so each month) and the reserve funds to keep this site up and running. Note we don't run ads or anything of the sort and are entirely run by donations from everyday enthusiasts like you and I. 

• Like 3

Yep. Stockton cluster was fired up yesterday as sponsors would know.

When you say Stockton is cluster launched that means only to 1x800 right? Because northern Stockton still isn't launched in still pulling the 1xrrt or whatever it's called I can't remember but Benjamin Holt and pershing area wasn't launched yet

When you say Stockton is cluster launched that means only to 1x800 right? Because northern Stockton still isn't launched in still pulling the 1xrrt or whatever it's called I can't remember but Benjamin Holt and pershing area wasn't launched yet

Its Cluster launched for NV 3G which is 1xRTT which is 1900mhz.....so that would be correct for what you are seeing.

NV 3g is 1x and evdo. 1x800 is 1xrtt or 1xA. It's just on smr 800 instead of pcs.

Hey Tim is there a thread on the forum to learn about SMR 800, and creating custom PRLs to "try" to connect to the most desirable towers? I understand if this is stuff for the Sponsor onmy section.

Trying to get informed quickly.

- -

NeRD

Hey Tim is there a thread on the forum to learn about SMR 800, and creating custom PRLs to "try" to connect to the most desirable towers? I understand if this is stuff for the Sponsor onmy section.

Trying to get informed quickly.

- -

NeRD

There is some threads relevant in the regular network deployment main thread area.

Update on Davis: still seems like the LTE is very frail. There was a time that you could find it in quite a lot of places, but after that one week it just died. Anyone know what gives?

For me, I can still get it in the same amount of places.  It's just the the phone likes to drop to 3G for some reason.  Switching to LTE only mode and back works, but it's annoying.

I haven't been keeping up with Sprint progress and my sponsor membership timed out. How has Sacramento been doing overall? Have any areas lit up or does it look like they will be doing a cluster launch?

I haven't been keeping up with Sprint progress and my sponsor membership timed out. How has Sacramento been doing overall? Have any areas lit up or does it look like they will be doing a cluster launch?

They're pushing into the urban core now and getting ready to do a mass cluster launch.