Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

I'd be cheering but 

Davis has been cluster launched for network vision 3g and 3g 800 mhz or they're actively testing it.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Where's the Davis folks' cheers?   ;)

I'd be cheering but unfortunately I've been getting the same speeds :'( Just heard from the building manager that they are going back up there tonight though to possibly take down the old equipment since they already have a crane in the area.

Very pleasant surprise on the way to the Kings game tonight.  4G LTE from JSO Dunnigan to the north end of Woodland.  Started mapping on sensorly as soon as i noticed it.  Absolutely HORRIBLE service in and around the arena, if this in indicative of the rest of the Sacramento area I really hope y'all get some relief soon.

.  Anyone else been up north of Sac and noticed it?

I live 2 miles from the arena. We are on Verizon right now but are planning a switch to Sprint when Sacramento goes live on LTE. It's worth noting there is a Sprint cell site at the arena property.

I live 2 miles from the arena. We are on Verizon right now but are planning a switch to Sprint when Sacramento goes live on LTE. It's worth noting there is a Sprint cell site at the arena property.

yeah i know there is one on site that's part of the reason why is was a little suprised at such horrible service there.  i didnt think work had begun on it yet.

I toggled airplane mode but couldn't pick up LTE near the mall in Modesto around 4 pm today on my Galaxy Note 2.

I live like 5 mins from the mall and there is no LTE up and running yet that i'm aware of.

Thanks a lot! you always have the answers

Seems like they are doing more testing in Davis.  I have been watching SignalChecker and it has jumped from 1x800 to 1xRTT and back around 5 or 6 times and I have been roaming a lot too.

sucks! I get LTE pretty much everyday down by the downtown plaza...BUT the speeds are SLOOWWWWW. Not LTE in anything but name.

If there is only one site on in the area, then it will be overloaded with too many users. Especially in a dense area like Downtown. It will take more sites coming online to provide proper capacity.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

If there is only one site on in the area, then it will be overloaded with too many users. Especially in a dense area like Downtown. It will take more sites coming online to provide proper capacity.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

makes sense...but why only turn on >1< site?!? I should just turn LTE off on my phone until I hear more about the launch. It switching to LTE actually kills my data...

makes sense...but why only turn on >1

They haven't turned on a single site since July in Sacramento as they began focusing on converting sites as fast as possible in order to mitigate ecsfb gaps.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Upper Central Valley – 21 updates (8 LTE)

Woodland, CA & Davis,CA has been cluster launched for 3G and likely to have 3G / 800 live - in testing as well. 4G LTE will come up on each site one by one as the backhaul contractor delivers it whenever they feel like it. 

New 4G sites as well throughout the market.

2 in Dixon, CA

-- Intersection of Batavaria Road & George Lane SW of Dixon

-- Intersection of Pedrick Road & Tremont Road off the I80 ramp NW of Dixon 

1 NW of Woodland, CA

-- Near intersection of County Road 96 & 99W quite a few miles NW of Woodlands & on i5

1 in Galt, CA

-- Near intersection of Spaans Drive & N Lincoln Way

1 in Riverbank, CA

-- Intersection of Patterson Road & Terminal Ave

2 in Modesto, CA

-- Intersection of McHenry Ave & East Granger Ave (McHenry Village)

-- Intersection of Claus Road & Floyd Ave

1 North of Carson City, NV

-- Mountains Northeast of Carson Tahoe Cancer Center

* Exact Locations of sites accepted & all sprint cell sites are available in the sponsor area * 

• Like 2

Woodland, CA & Davis,CA has been cluster launched for 3G and likely to have 3G / 800 live - in testing as well. 4G LTE will come up on each site one by one as the backhaul contractor delivers it whenever they feel like it

How long does this usually take? Does this mean we will need Sacramento to be cluster launched for 3G and then wait MORE for the backhaul?

• Like 1

How long does this usually take? Does this mean we will need Sacramento to be cluster launched for 3G and then wait MORE for the backhaul?

However long it takes Att, comcast,, sure West, time Warner business fiber,, etc to deploy it.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Woodland, CA & Davis,CA has been cluster launched for 3G and likely to have 3G / 800 live - in testing as well.

Still Roaming on UCD campus daily starting at about 8:30, using both 55016 and 56017 prls.  No longer seeing the 1x800 at all on signalchecker

Ill drive around davis and east woodland tomorrow and see what I find

For several seconds this morning, 4G LTE flashed on my phone two separate times after I totally lost my 3G connection and the bars. This was off Kilgore Rd. near the Sprint building in Rancho Cordova, This also briefly happened about a month ago. Sprint has a tower in their parking lot. I did ask someone about it, they said they thought it was from a tower on White Rock Road....but no way to confirm this

Edited by vlawde