Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

So what does this all mean in regards to when scramento/Rancho will get lte?

Rancho has pretty much all of their antennas updated, save maybe one tower (from what I have seen). They will likely be cluster launched with Folsom, Citrus Heights, Carmichael, and likely Sacramento, too. We're just waiting for the rest of the physical upgrades to be completed. I have gotten hits of LTE at my house in Rancho. There is a tower south of Mather that is active and has been for quite some time.

Upper Central Valley - 25 updates (3 LTE, 13 CDMA 800)

New 4G sites

- north of Sparks, NV : Intersection of Pyramid Way & Tierra Del Sol Pkwy near Lazy 5 Regional Park

- Downtown Reno : Intersection of East 6th Street & Montello Street by Governors Bowl Park

- South Reno : Butch Cassidy Drive by Galena High School

-- Note worthy -- Carson City cluster is all 3G /800

-- new 3G sites accepted in Dixon heading to Davis 

-- New 3G sites heading southeast and east towards Woodland from Cottonwood and along Interstate 5

Oh and happy holidays to anyone who is still around.

Here's the breakdown of the progress in our market..

Permits Applied :         21

Permits Approved :        9 

Permits Issued :         123

In Progress Sites :        46

3G  :                           114

4G  :                             12

3G / 4G :                       26

3G / 800 / 4G :              19

Which is about 67% of sites in progress one way or another. 

Market Snapshop as of 12-24-2013

nE8L4ba.jpg

• Like 1

At the Harrah's in Stateline / South Lake Tahoe. Doesn't seem to be LTE here despite the upgraded tower. Toggled airplane mode.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I know it is a small longshot, but is there any idea if the little town of Loomis and Penryn getting any 4G love anytime in the near future?

I believe I did see some Rocklin activity a few weeks back, but still no switch thrown.

Anybody here know for sure what is going on up here in Redding/Anderson? The employee at the mall kiosk said that the "4G that is way faster than all the others" will be here in January. He also said that we would see it flicker off and on this month while it's being tested. I have not seen it at all and I can't find anything online about it being here.

I have been with Sprint since 2003 and my contract is up in February and I'm seriously considering leaving. I know for a fact that ATT, Verizon, and T-Mobile all have 4G LTE here. T-Mobile also has unlimited data and my bill would be almost exactly what I pay now.

• Like 1

Anybody here know for sure what is going on up here in Redding/Anderson? The employee at the mall kiosk said that the "4G that is way faster than all the others" will be here in January. He also said that we would see it flicker off and on this month while it's being tested. I have not seen it at all and I can't find anything online about it being here.

I have been with Sprint since 2003 and my contract is up in February and I'm seriously considering leaving. I know for a fact that ATT, Verizon, and T-Mobile all have 4G LTE here. T-Mobile also has unlimited data and my bill would be almost exactly what I pay now.

Feel free to leave when that time comes. All ill say is I expect Redding to be the next major cluster to fire up. When? I don't know. It'll happen when it happens.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I be honest if they don't Have LTE unlit end your contract you should leave them unless you not getting good deal with t.mobile n I don't recommend going to AT&T n vrizon cuz their expense n not unlimited.... Just a warning even though t.mobile much faster it's kinda spotty

Does sprint ever build new towers? Cause they need to in foresthill that city is growing.

Sprint adds new towers occasionally. I'm sure it's very expensive to do so and far less expensive to just upgrade existing towers. Once the 800Mhz band is up and running you should get a signal in a lot of places you didn't before assuming you have a Sprint Spark (tri-band) phone.  This link shows a new tower in Washington DC.

https://network.sprint.com/DC/Washington/

This just in, from a connection I have on the project...

"I don’t have a specific timeline to provide, but I will tell you that you should be really close.  Really close to seeing that 4G/LTE light appear on your phone."

• Like 1

This just in, from a connection I have on the project...

"I don’t have a specific timeline to provide, but I will tell you that you should be really close.  Really close to seeing that 4G/LTE light appear on your phone."

I occasionally (maybe a few on again/off again hits within about half an hour every other week) get LTE to come up on my phone at my house in Rancho and definitely driving around the airport in Mather. Surprisingly, I actually got a second or two of LTE when I was at the Carl's Jr. on Folsom and Mather Field Road last night. Here's hoping it is soon.   :)

Will they be doing a cluster launch for lte?

In the Sacramento and Redding/Red Bluff area, yes (so far as I know). Maybe a cluster launch for the Stockton area, too. The smaller towns along Hwy 99 and I-5, I'm not sure they will be cluster launched. 

Edit: I get LTE in Roseville when I have occasion to go up there. I had to go to the UCD Med Clinic over the late summer a few times and I had it consistently in that part of town.

I occasionally (maybe a few on again/off again hits within about half an hour every other week) get LTE to come up on my phone at my house in Rancho and definitely driving around the airport in Mather. Surprisingly, I actually got a second or two of LTE when I was at the Carl's Jr. on Folsom and Mather Field Road last night. Here's hoping it is soon. :)

In the Sacramento and Redding/Red Bluff area, yes (so far as I know). Maybe a cluster launch for the Stockton area, too. The smaller towns along Hwy 99 and I-5, I'm not sure they will be cluster launched.

Edit: I get LTE in Roseville when I have occasion to go up there. I had to go to the UCD Med Clinic over the late summer a few times and I had it consistently in that part of town.

Any idea when will it happen? You think how much towers will get activated in a cluster launch?