NV-> Legacy handoffs

I know there was a major issue in Chicago with handoffs between legacy Motorola sites and Samsung NV sites. Have their been any other reports of vendor to vendor equipment issues? I'm having a very consistent hard handoff/dropped call issue between a loan, active NV/LTE tower and the next legacy tower when driving on the freeway, this happens to be a NV Samsung to either Nortel or Lucent legacy site. I'm not sure on the exact vendor of the legacy site because it is right on a border area for vendors.

My note 2 will hang on to the NV tower until I'm within site of the legacy tower, but the call starts to drop 3 or 4 words, then it's gone. A few seconds later, the legacy tower picks up and I have to call again.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Forum Runner

I know there was a major issue in Chicago with handoffs between legacy Motorola sites and Samsung NV sites. Have their been any other reports of vendor to vendor equipment issues? I'm having a very consistent hard handoff/dropped call issue between a loan, active NV/LTE tower and the next legacy tower when driving on the freeway, this happens to be a NV Samsung to either Nortel or Lucent legacy site. I'm not sure on the exact vendor of the legacy site because it is right on a border area for vendors.

My note 2 will hang on to the NV tower until I'm within site of the legacy tower, but the call starts to drop 3 or 4 words, then it's gone. A few seconds later, the legacy tower picks up and I have to call again.

What major city you closest to?

Ya, Theres was a big articles a good 5 months back. Search the wall and you should find it. Chicago is a legacy Motorola network and While NV deployment it was found that Samsung <> Legacy Motorola network while on the same channel will more or less drop the call.

What major city you closest to?

Between Grand Rapids, MI and Lansing, MI. LTE site is in Portland, Knox Rd & I-96 near exit 76. Legacy site is near Eagle, Hinman Rd & 96 near exit 84.

Ya' date=' Theres was a big articles a good 5 months back. Search the wall and you should find it. Chicago is a legacy Motorola network and While NV deployment it was found that Samsung <> Legacy Motorola network while on the same channel will more or less drop the call.[/quote']

Did you read my post? I know of the issue in Chicago, my issue is in a different market with different vendors...

Did you read my post? I know of the issue in Chicago, my issue is in a different market with different vendors...

How is your signal strength when this happens

How is your signal strength when this happens

I only remember the LTE from Sunday, it was -122ish when the call dropped. I didn't notice the 1x strength.

I think this is what you are talking about' date=' read his post:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1269-network-visionlte-west-washington-market-seattlepuget-sound-region/page__view__findpost__p__114927[/quote']

That is what is happening, but I'm only getting a single drop, because my call originates on a NV tower.

As LTE/NV has lit up across Michigan, I've noticed a significant increase of customers complaining of dropped and blocked calls. Correlation likely.

oh my bad! :o lol Guess I didn't!

Samsung to legacy Ericsson(Nortel) seems to be working well. I was on site at the first IVHHO handoff test in NWPA and it worked better than I had expected. Motorola does not play well with others, it's not just Samsung.