Network Vision/LTE - West Washington Market (Seattle/Puget Sound Region)

drlovety

Saw the 4G indicator light up for the first time this afternoon when I was in Canyon Park. Nice to see so much activity in the Puget Sound area in such a short period of time. I hope we see the sites coming online at an even faster clip going forward.

Saw the 4G indicator light up for the first time this afternoon when I was in Canyon Park. Nice to see so much activity in the Puget Sound area in such a short period of time. I hope we see the sites coming online at an even faster clip going forward.

Yeah same here. I'm really looking forward it to expanding up here. I have a feeling we will see more within the month :fingers::frantic:

• Like 1

I Sensorly'd Bremerton's LTE for about an hour last night. Was hitting on two towers. Speed tested in a few areas too. Looking decent to damn tasty.

Edited by RacerX
  • Like 1

I'm a new member with a little inside info. Here is what I know. There are currently 4 LTE sites in south King and north Pierce counties. These sites are as follows. Petrovidski road near the King county shops (north end of lake youngs res), S.E. 208th near Kent Ridge highschool, 7404 20th St E, Fife and the intersection of E. Fairbanks and E. Portland in Tacoma. The issue with having a few LTE sites on the air is this; Spring's existing 3G CDMA equipment is all Alcatel/ Lucent, as is the switch in Redmond. The new LTE equipment here is Samsung, as is the switch. While there is a way to emplement a soft handoff between the two systems, Sprint is opting not to do this. So, if you are driving past a new, operational LTE site, your call will be dropped, phone picked up by the Samsung site and if you redial and contenue to drive, it will happen again when you get in range of the next ALU site. Sprint had planned to turn up entire sectors at a time to minimise this issue but has recently decided to instead turn up the new sites as soon as they are ready. Expect handoff issues! The next regions in western Washington to deploy are south of Olympia down the I-5 corridor and SR-12, and north of Marysville up the I-5 corridor and HWY-20. I hope this was informative. More when I know more.

• Like 5

Picked up LTE for the first time from the site on 208th in Kent. I live about 4 blocks southwest of the southern most coverage area according to Sensorly, so haven't ever been able to connect from home :( Needed to go north towards Fairwood today, though, and was connected to LTE for most of the drive there and back home - until about 2 blocks from my house, where I was sad to see the signal drop back to 3G.

• Like 1

I'm a new member with a little inside info. Here is what I know. There are currently 4 LTE sites in south King and north Pierce counties. These sites are as follows. Petrovidski road near the King county shops (north end of lake youngs res), S.E. 208th near Kent Ridge highschool, 7404 20th St E, Fife and the intersection of E. Fairbanks and E. Portland in Tacoma. The issue with having a few LTE sites on the air is this; Spring's existing 3G CDMA equipment is all Alcatel/ Lucent, as is the switch in Redmond. The new LTE equipment here is Samsung, as is the switch. While there is a way to emplement a soft handoff between the two systems, Sprint is opting not to do this. So, if you are driving past a new, operational LTE site, your call will be dropped, phone picked up by the Samsung site and if you redial and contenue to drive, it will happen again when you get in range of the next ALU site. Sprint had planned to turn up entire sectors at a time to minimise this issue but has recently decided to instead turn up the new sites as soon as they are ready. Expect handoff issues! The next regions in western Washington to deploy are south of Olympia down the I-5 corridor and SR-12, and north of Marysville up the I-5 corridor and HWY-20. I hope this was informative. More when I know more.

Welcome to the club!

• Like 1

I Sensorly'd Bremerton's LTE for about an hour last night. Was hitting on two towers. Speed tested in a few areas too. Looking decent to damn tasty.

I guess we both contributed! :)

• Like 1

I am getting really anxious for it to hit Lynnwood and around my house in Lake Forest Park. I wish it would get here already. I've been driving around for the past 3 weeks around my area seeing if I get any LTE. I've checked Lynnwood, Mountlake Terrace, Lake Forest Park, Kenmore, and Bothell. Been to Canyon Park cause I know they have some. I know it will happen when it happens but still....

I guess we both contributed! :)
Happy to know we are driving around here... reminds me of wardriving back in the day.

Hey, are you having problems sending SMS/MMS? Getting "network setup error 2112" when trying to send texts and pictures just won't send unless I restart my phone. Updating the PRL and profile did nothing to help. Talked to sprint. They "provisioned" my sms/mms... Guessing they just deleted the sock and added it back on. Didn't help.

Happy to know we are driving around here... reminds me of wardriving back in the day.

Hey, are you having problems sending SMS/MMS? Getting "network setup error 2112" when trying to send texts and pictures just won't send unless I restart my phone. Updating the PRL and profile did nothing to help. Talked to sprint. They "provisioned" my sms/mms... Guessing they just deleted the sock and added it back on. Didn't help.

No problems with my SGS3. I'm on unrooted stock.

Is this only when on 4G or does it happen on 3G too?

No problems for me on my EVO LTE and I connect to many different towers through the weekdays.