Sprint coverage after NV

My state is just beginning NV and i have a few questions. Is there going to be a difference in coverage from the current network? For example there are about 7 spots off the top of my head in Tulsa that are guaranteed dead spots. My house is well covered (-85dbm) but at peak times the network is unusable at my home near the mall. Will this be resolved with LTE? My girlfriends home in Broken arrow is NOT well covered(-105) and she is a Sprint customer. Is Sprint deploying GMO stations to take care of these places with coverage gaps or will these continue to be deadzones until 800mhz deployment?

• Like 1

Are you talking voice coverage? Sprint is currently deploying 800 cdma 1X in many markets on a vast majority of the towers. It will greatly enhance coverage and reduce dead zones. Your phone is designed to take advantage of this, so as soon as enough towers come online with 800, you'll get a PRL pushed to your phone and you'll get much better voice coverage.

In addition, all the other enhancements of network vision will increase coverage as well, although not as great as when they turn 800 on in your area.

I have an iPhone 5, will my phone take advantage of this as well like the GS3?

I'm assuming once/if the PRLs are updated and pushed, yes both devices will take advantage of voice calling on 1x on 800mhz.

You would be correct in assuming this

That's why I'm not too worried about it right now. 800 1x isn't on air here, at least in any major capacity, so it's the least of my worries.

I'm just waiting for LTE to get deployed in dense coverage, not blanket.