Upgrade with Amazon Wireless, forced to change plans

jefbal99

Looking to upgrade my wife's phone on the cheap and she is still a qwerty keyboard lover. I was looking at the Motorola Photon Q via Amazon Wireless for the $40.00 upgrade, but I'm not sure how their new plan will affect me over all monthly cost.

Currently, I'm on Everything Data Share Plan 1500 which is 110.00/month and each additional line is 19.99. The plan being offered to me is Everything Data Family 1500 for 129.99/month for two lines and each additional line is 19.99.

From what I can read, the plan appears to be the same, just the 2nd line is already included. However, I have a free airrave on my account and an employer discount that I don't want to lose.

Has anyone upgraded via Amazon Wireless before? Ever run into these issues?

Sprint started showing the MRC on line 1 as 110 when they stopped applying employee discounts to 2nd lines.

The plan amazon is showing you is the same plan you have. Amazon is just advertising what sprint advertises outside of how they do itemized billing.

As for the free airrave, is it set up as a line on the family plan or a separate line? If separate, no worries. As long as you are telling amazon youre a current customer who is upgrading, the discount will be fine

• Like 2

I used Amazon Wireless for my E4GT purchase and had no problems adding the device on to my existing plan. No plan change was necessary.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 1

Looking to upgrade my wife's phone on the cheap and she is still a qwerty keyboard lover. I was looking at the Motorola Photon Q via Amazon Wireless for the $40.00 upgrade, but I'm not sure how their new plan will affect me over all monthly cost.

Currently, I'm on Everything Data Share Plan 1500 which is 110.00/month and each additional line is 19.99. The plan being offered to me is Everything Data Family 1500 for 129.99/month for two lines and each additional line is 19.99.

From what I can read, the plan appears to be the same, just the 2nd line is already included. However, I have a free airrave on my account and an employer discount that I don't want to lose.

Has anyone upgraded via Amazon Wireless before? Ever run into these issues?

Photon Q is now $0.01 on upgrade! And upgrading thru them won't take away your employer discount, so you won't have any issues upgrading.

Another vouch for employer discount. I went through radioshack online and Sprint told me that it has nothing to do with Radioshack. Sprint can do it after if they manage to take it off somehow.

The plan displayed higher pricing online, but when the bill came the discount was still applied. If anything, they might want proof like a pay stub or something. That's what they did with us.

any chance anybody knows if sprint matches these online deals? I need to upgrade a line and switch the upgraded phone to a different line.

any chance anybody knows if sprint matches these online deals? I need to upgrade a line and switch the upgraded phone to a different line.

I don't know if they do, but you could always order the upgrade, and then activate it and then swap back to the old phone and then activate the new phone on the line you want.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus running ParanoidAndroid 2.99.9r5 using Forum Runner

I am almost positive that Sprint will not price match.

I don't know if they do, but you could always order the upgrade, and then activate it and then swap back to the old phone and then activate the new phone on the line you want.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus running ParanoidAndroid 2.99.9r5 using Forum Runner

+1 I have had no problems with this buying from Amazon it's been about a year however make sure you read Amazon's terms and conditions carefully to check that its not prohibited.

Haven't had any problems keeping my employer discount. I upgraded through Best Buy Mobile last month. Sprint sent me an email (or text, I forget which) with a link to continue my employer discount. Just had to fill out a couple fields and confirm my work email address, and I was good to go.