3g performance in yuma

Ryan

Verizon just turned on their LTE towers today.. Luck them..

on another news. I was talking to one of my buddies who is friends with the owner of BeamSpeed here and he assured him that sprint will not get 4G soon because he owns all the frequencies that they need to light it up, and he has not been contacted by them yet.

I wonder how valid this is.

Verizon just turned on their LTE towers today.. Luck them..

on another news. I was talking to one of my buddies who is friends with the owner of BeamSpeed here and he assured him that sprint will not get 4G soon because he owns all the frequencies that they need to light it up, and he has not been contacted by them yet.

I wonder how valid this is.

He owns all the frequencies? What kind of crap is that? He owns Sprint's spectrum? Not true. Maybe he is speaking of microwave, but there will be no MW backhaul or very little in this market.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 4

That does not sound valid. No offense I know the beamspeed guy is your friend, but beamspeed is full of it and has been since their inception. It's sad that they charge $70 dollars for "broadband" internet that barely gets 1mb down. I've seen some of the spectrum that beamspeed owns and it seems to be in the 900mhz range and I think that is what they use for their current services. Maybe he was talking about wimax?

That does not sound valid. No offense I know the beamspeed guy is your friend, but beamspeed is full of it and has been since their inception. It's sad that they charge $70 dollars for "broadband" internet that barely gets 1mb down. I've seen some of the spectrum that beamspeed owns and it seems to be in the 900mhz range and I think that is what they use for their current services. Maybe he was talking about wimax?

none taken, the guy is not my friend; i just know someone that is and that is what they told him.

i havent taken the time to see what he really owns, but my understanding with NV is that Sprint is deploying 4G on what thet already own. Robert might clarify this one he reads it or maybe one of the other members will.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

He owns all the frequencies? What kind of crap is that? He owns Sprint's spectrum? Not true. Maybe he is speaking of microwave, but there will be no MW backhaul or very little in this market.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

That was my understanding and what I was trying to make sense to my buddy who was upset with Sprint after he was told that. I did make sure to refer him to this website to get things straight. :-) Thanx for chiming in Robert...

and yes, he does own lots of microwave.

• Like 2

The site network.sprint.com does not show Network Vision upgrades. They only show 3G/voice maintenance upgrades handled by Ericsson under their nationwide network maintenance contract. These are temporary upgrades to help provide some incremental improvements prior to Network Vision starting.

Network Vision should arrive in the Tucson/Yuma market some time this Winter. But it will take 6-8 months to complete 100%.

Robert

LOL, Robert, remember where we live man!!! we only get one month (if that) of winter..

Just saw a construction crew working on a tower on 32nd street and Ave A, I didn't have the time to turn around to talk to them and see what carrier they are working for. Hopefully they are still there tomorrow so I can stop by.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

You know whats wierd is I just saw alcatel lucent vehicles out here at the YPG administrative area. Not sutre what that means, but hopefully it means something good lol.

• Like 2

You know whats wierd is I just saw alcatel lucent vehicles out here at the YPG administrative area. Not sutre what that means, but hopefully it means something good lol.

I went back later around 4:30 to that site, but the trucks were gone and the area was locked. I'll look around tomorrow see if their still working there

Its wierd too cause its 11:13 pm here and alca lu is coming to do what? hmmm praying to god its a new tower for the ypg area. That would be a godsend :)

hopefully your right, Sprint lacks service out towards that area

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

My buddy's that are on Verizon have been quick to point out their LTE service...hopefully we get some concrete proof that Sprint LTE deployment is ongoing in Yuma.

I don't think any deployment is going on in Yuma. If anything just capacity upgrades and speed upgrades.

I don't think any deployment is going on in Yuma. If anything just capacity upgrades and speed upgrades.

Yeah thats what I'm thinking, I know there was unconfirmed word that Yuma LTE deployment (along with Phoenix/Tucson) was bumped up early to this winter/spring.

I was holding out hope...guess I still am.

Yeah thats what I'm thinking, I know there was unconfirmed word that Yuma LTE deployment (along with Phoenix/Tucson) was bumped up early to this winter/spring.

I was holding out hope...guess I still am.

You and most of us here.

yeah thats all we have for the time being is hopes and dreams lol jk. btw hypeo how well does your evo lte work? is it a nice phone?

I recommend it. I like it. One of the few phones you can do svdo

Ok, so maybe some light at the end of the tunel.

I just got a text from my contact that works for City of Yuma and told me that he just reviewed Simin Network Vision project permits last week. The city permits are valid for one year so hopefully they will start work here soon..

the permit included multi mode antenna, new battery cabinet and distribution cabinet, new fiber optic cables and and new RRH's, new combiners.

• Like 3

The one on Ave B is a new one isn't it? Or is that one more near Somerton? And thanks for letting me know about the Evo lte. I might get it but im not so sure. I wonder if anyone has tried the Lg optimus g

The one on Ave B is a new one isn't it? Or is that one more near Somerton? And thanks for letting me know about the Evo lte. I might get it but im not so sure. I wonder if anyone has tried the Lg optimus g

No the one on Ave B is not a new tower. The new tower is located down by Somerton Ave and CO 11 1/2 street. and it does have the new panels on it.

and as far as the phone, my best advice would be to play with both phones you like, even the GS3 and make your decision. all I gots to say is that I really like my Evo

• Like 1

yeah i really like the evo too. best buy has them for free so i picked it up this morning. so far i love the device.

You will be happy with it I'm sure