3g performance in yuma

Ryan

hey hypeo i was wondering if sprint has a cell site at telegraph pass? I did some research and i couldn't really determine if sprint has one and /or nextel. The reason i ask is cause since i live in wellton i go through dome valley to get to ypg for work, its wierd cause sometimes i will have signal all the way to 95 then black out for a bit, then when i get to imperial dam rd the signal comes back for maybe two miles then blacks out again, which is normal and reflects the coverage from sprint. But some times i will either be going to work or going home and i will either loose signal at the dairy in dome valley or regain signal there. It's been doing that off and on for about a year now, and i can't pinpoint the reason. My prl is up to date, and went through the sprint troubleshooting customer service. I thought maybe it was problems with a tower at telegraph pass, or maybe the wellton tower serves all the to imperial dam rd and the signal just fades in and out since its really far. And come to think of it, i have a friend that lives right by the dairy and my signal will fade sometimes for 15-20 minutes at a time. Does anybody have any ideas?

http://goo.gl/maps/fhynv

Ryan, sprint does have a tower up Telegraph. Unfortunately I don't have the answer to your other question about loosing signal. Sorry man

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Ryan, sprint does have a tower up Telegraph. Unfortunately I don't have the answer to your other question about loosing signal. Sorry man

Thanks man, yea it so wierd when it does it. it did it again tonight on my way to work as well. idk but again thanks :)

Thanks man, yea it so wierd when it does it. it did it again tonight on my way to work as well. idk but again thanks :)

Now, I do know that Sprint is actively working on band-aid fixes. You can see an area go down in coverage for about 1 week, then when it lights up data seems to improve. Sprint towers need to be taken down in order for them to work on upgrades much like a car; you can't change the oil while its running. Hopefully signal will get better for you. I know that out in the boonies where there's hardly any population sprint don't care too much to cover those areas.

• Like 1

well i would say that would be it, but the this has been going on for about a year now. and it only seems to happen when im on the telegraph pass tower. i have used several different phones and they all did the samething. the wierd thing is that when i get signal like im supposed to its full bars..so its not like its a weak signal...its full coverage!!! thanks for your input man, wasnt really wanting to fix the problem, just curious why it does it....cant make any sense of it!!!

Speaking of Telegraph pass, any of you hiked up it...I did last year, was a unit thing before we deployed to Afghanistan. It's not my definition of fun...got to he a brave soul to even drive up there to service those cell sites.

A little more in topic...

I work over on the small Marine base, P111, down off Araby and County 14 (not the air station). I get great signal there, but recently moved into a new building. It must be the black hole for signals cause I get none whatsoever. Walk 5 ft down the hall...bam full bars. Go back, nothing.

Any tips, I hate to drop a couple hundred bucks on a repeater. Tried some market apps that claim to boost signal strength, but no luck.

ok...im way to fat to hike up that mountain. I dont even know how they got those towers up there lol but back on topic. i have no idea whats with ur signal issue, maybe a airave but idk. it must be frustrating

• Like 1

ok...im way to fat to hike up that mountain. I dont even know how they got those towers up there lol but back on topic. i have no idea whats with ur signal issue' date=' maybe a airave but idk. it must be frustrating[/quote']

I think it's the Melancholy Ferret People. The last group of MFP I saw all had spectrum analyzers, RF jammers, and a giant case of fruit roll ups. But don't tell anyone I told you. Otherwise, they will come after me next.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

• Like 1

I think it's the Melancholy Ferret People.

Ferret or marmot?

AJ

Marmots cannot play the flute, whereas everyone knows that Ferrets can. It adds to their melancholiness.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

Marmots cannot play the flute, whereas everyone knows that Ferrets can. It adds to their melancholiness.

Mellon+Collie+and+the+Infinite+Sadness+disc+1+Dawn+Mellon+Collie+and+the+Infinite.jpg

AJ

• Like 3

Ryan: confirmed; no signal coming out of telegraph tower. I climbed up today and had no signal all the way up there where I usually had great service (full bars).. I wonder why..

That sux. I just noticed on Network.Sprint.com that one of the towers that was slated for some upgrades has been taken off from the website. I wonder what happened??? Things are just going to get worst. Snowbirds are here and still coming so the network is going to suffer more for all up on the foothills.

That sux. I just noticed on Network.Sprint.com that one of the towers that was slated for some upgrades has been taken off from the website. I wonder what happened??? Things are just going to get worst. Snowbirds are here and still coming so the network is going to suffer more for all up on the foothills.

All upgrades in the future have been removed in all markets. The site is only currently showing upgrades completed since they changed the format of the site the other day. It no longer shows New Towers, either. :td:

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

• Like 1

I was over at the Air Station today where I usually get great signal. Was barely pulling 2 bars and not even 3g, dreaded 1x.

I was over at the Air Station today where I usually get great signal. Was barely pulling 2 bars and not even 3g, dreaded 1x.

yeah, I've been getting some crappy speeds lately around town. Lots of 1x and roaming.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry it took me so long to get back to you hypeo. the thing about the telegraph pass tower is that the signal will completely disappear for 20-30 minutes at a time then magically come back on. it seems to be a random effect and i cant really connect it with any event. the only possible thing i could think of is ypg, but i have no clue. hey robert do you have any idea what it might be? or any of the other great elders of S4GRU? :):lol::D:tu::ninja::rofl:;)

Here's a pic. Looks like its a small outbuilding next to it. The structure looks like its been there for awhile, I've just never noticed it. The tower is new, however, it does not have any panels on it yet.

IMAG0818-1.jpg

Here's a pic. Looks like its a small outbuilding next to it. The structure looks like its been there for awhile, I've just never noticed it. The tower is new, however, it does not have any panels on it yet.

IMAG0818-1.jpg

I don't think Sprint is adding any more towers to our area, but Robert might have more info on that.