3g performance in yuma

Ryan

Wow. Well Ican tell you those don't look like the new tower in the foothills on north frontage.

Yeah, I know they don't, but they don't look like the other sprint tower panels either.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Lol good point. Well we know there is a new tower just not sure where. Lol ill try to take a picture ofnthe sprint tower here in wellton and then we can compare it.

• 2 weeks later...

So question. If Verizon and/or ATT put in LTE towers would Sprint be more inclined to sign roaming deals with them vice installing their own LTE?

I've not noticed any significant changes in the network. On the flip side I was in San Diego this week and I didn't notice a huge increase in service there than in Yuma.

So question. If Verizon and/or ATT put in LTE towers would Sprint be more inclined to sign roaming deals with them vice installing their own LTE?

No. LTE deployments among VZW, AT&T, and Sprint are not currently compatible, and roaming agreements are not in the offing.

AJ

I've not noticed any significant changes in the network. On the flip side I was in San Diego this week and I didn't notice a huge increase in service there than in Yuma.

No matter if they sign roaming deals or not, Network Vision is a program to upgrade Sprint's entire network and add LTE on every site. Even every site in San Diego and Yuma markets. But currently, no other carrier has deployed LTE 1900 in which Sprint devices run on. US Cellular may add a little in the future. But most of their most likely areas, they just sold to Sprint.

AT&T, VZW and Tmo all have some PCS holdings in some markets, but they are being used for other things currently. It will likely be a long time before they refarm any of it to add LTE 1900. LTE roaming of any significance is awhile out. Much farther out than Sprint rebuilding its network.

Robert via Nexus 7 on Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Any Yuma users have updates? Signal and speeds have been good, I don't have an LTE device yet so I can't even check to see.

during the past 3 weeks, we've had more downs than up's. we have been experiencing text delays, poor voice quality, and very low data speeds. Having said that, yesterday I did noticed an increase (not much) on data speeds. today I was on the north end of down town and I experienced text delays again...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Yeah I was just checking out the past upgrades on that site. But weird that you say you've had moredownthan ups cause I haven't noticed service being that badover the past few weeks.

you're on the east side of town aren't you? I heard that service has gotten better over there, maybe they are moving west. cross my fingers..

Possibly, I still don't think Sprint has confirmed that Yuma market was bumped up for Network Vision. But like I said, it does appear to have gotten a tad better here on my side of town. Maybe I'll take a drive by the towers and see what I can see.

Yeah I was just checking out the past upgrades on that site. But weird that you say you've had moredownthan ups cause I haven't noticed service being that badover the past few weeks.

ok, so I took a drive on the fire truck yesterday out to the East side of town; and your right. service has improved so much. everywhere i went i was hitting at least 600kbps up to 2.01mbps.

still the North West side of town is down at the low hundreds throughout the day.

I was by 24th st and arizona ave and service has been terrible. Never have i had so many problems. I couldnt even make phonecalls and signal was fading in and out kind of like with the Telegraph Pass tower when its not functioning.

I was by 24th st and arizona ave and service has been terrible. Never have i had so many problems. I couldnt even make phonecalls and signal was fading in and out kind of like with the Telegraph Pass tower when its not functioning.

thats what we have been dealing with on the west side

Yeah, I was out at Yuma Palms this Saturday. Noticed signal going from full bars to no bars constantly. Was pretty annoying. Is it like that all the time. I remember when we moved here about 2 years ago the signal in town was leaps and bounds better than in the foothills. Seems to be reversed now.

Yeah, I was out at Yuma Palms this Saturday. Noticed signal going from full bars to no bars constantly. Was pretty annoying. Is it like that all the time. I remember when we moved here about 2 years ago the signal in town was leaps and bounds better than in the foothills. Seems to be reversed now.

it's been like this for the better part of this year.

I hope in time sprint can fix these issues. I just gotta keep telling myself to be patient. It will get worse before it gets better. The wellton tower has seemed to stabilize a bit. But I still randomly switch to 1x sometimes.

I hope in time sprint can fix these issues. I just gotta keep telling myself to be patient. It will get worse before it gets better. The wellton tower has seemed to stabilize a bit. But I still randomly switch to 1x sometimes.

one thing i have noticed in town is that most of my ping times have been under 100ms. maybe they are finishing up switching us to the 4g switch

maybe...or the network is completely inundated and is bumping people on to 1x. Thanks to the snowbirds of course.

I don't believe they are propagating the issue