Network Vision/LTE - Delaware market (including Wilmington, Dover, Laurel and Elkton MD)

cjinohio03

Any idea what is going on? I believe sprint told me we should have had 4g in around seaford, DE by december of 2013, I came to this site and saw something about jan or feb of 2014, and its now may, going on june of 2014.. what's going on? having had 4g phones for years now and never being able to use it is aggravating, any have an idea when we should have it? I would think 6 months past the supposed date should have us close lol. I appreciate any response.

Unfortunately no (idea). Nearly every site has received the planned NV upgrades, those where completed around the beginning of the year. As of March a lot of the sites (that where capable of it) began broadcasting 1x voice service on 800 mhz (SMR, former Nextel band). Then as shannonbrian pointed out it went quiet around here. North of the canal is sitting at a point where if a couple of more sites went live (with LTE) they could at least launch (announce) LTE service their. South of the canal other than a report about a month ago of LTE being tested on the north side of Dover, nothing. Our best guest is there are delays with the backhaul providers (Verizon, Comcast, Windstream, or someone else) getting the high speed internet services (that are necessary for LTE) to the towers....

I was hoping to at least see spotty coverage south of the canal by the start of beach season, however I am no longer optimistic about that.

• Like 1

I drove from Newark to laurel today, and there were some horrible dead spots along the way for sure, but at least the 3G down there was usable and seemed pretty good. The 3G here in Newark is utterly and completely useless. I can't even read emails with it

I drove from Newark to laurel today, and there were some horrible dead spots along the way for sure, but at least the 3G down there was usable and seemed pretty good. The 3G here in Newark is utterly and completely useless. I can't even read emails with it

3G south of the canal is usable in many places, it at least keeps me sane...

thanks for the reply, I really do hope to see something soon, lol.. its been a long time coming.. its sad when the people in the store selling me the sprint service were saying that 4g would be available about 6 months ago lol, it was the reason i signed up for the contract, would hope they are using comcast as they have a decent network around here. and as they do have alot of clients around here who have stuck with sprint even though the network has been shoddy at best.. it would be nice if they updated clients on the status of these things more officially (not that this site isnt very informative) it would be nice to atleast hear something official from time to time. again thanks for the response and i hope to see lte lighting up around here sometime this year.

I've heard that sprint has been pulling that"very soon" bit for years. I just switched to them recently, thinking that SoftBank dumping 9 million into them for upgrades would actually make it happen… was looking good with fast rollouts for a bit, but the recent lull just has us wondering… keeping my fingers crossed, lol

I've heard that sprint has been pulling that"very soon" bit for years. I just switched to them recently, thinking that SoftBank dumping 9 million into them for upgrades would actually make it happen… was looking good with fast rollouts for a bit, but the recent lull just has us wondering… keeping my fingers crossed, lol

Since your new, I would throw a few dollars towards becoming a sponsor so you can check out the ridiculous amount of upgrades that have already occurred. Sprint is close to complete with network vision.

And I believe the number is 8 billion ;). And I'm sure that number will increase.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sprint got lot work to do they are trying have latest and greatest network , just takes long time when u rip out everything and starting over with updated equipment. I would def upgrade to premier member , was best thing i did .

• Like 1

I guess it was billion when I said million, lol, sorry. I certainly wouldn't have signed with sprint if I didn't believe these upgrades that were promised years ago were finally going to happen. I know I need to be patient, and hoping they get my area sooner rather than later. It is frustrating paying for service that I can't use. I took a quick look because I would like to see the upgrade info, but the min to see that is $100, and that's a bit tight for me right now. I really appreciate the the responses and the info though

I might be wrong, and it could just be luck or coincidence, but I was at the pike creek shopping center, and was getting 3G results of .5- 1 mbs, and I'm pretty sure I used to get the old crappy .1 ish over there, so I'm wondering if there could be some back haul going on over there

Usually not .panels , new cabinets, updated equipment then nv completed. Backhaul with fiber is mostly last. 95 percent sites just waiting on backhaul now in delaware and most elkton md.. The contracts with those providers is the problem. Comacast, verizon, windsream to name few. There are over 100 sites need backhaul in de .