Pictures of I've taken of NV sites

CH01XC181

==========

Well, there's also a couple of WISPs and another cellular carrier. I hope to be back to that site soon for better pictures. I wasn't on site to inspect Sprint's equipment at the time, but to evaluate options for a customer of mine.

https://plus.google....120670046143473

Edited by S4GRU
This thread has been approved by the S4GRU Administrator
  • Like 5

CH33XC033

==========

I was just driving by and the gate was open, so I stopped and took some pictures. I should have grabbed some more showing the coax routing on the ground. The hardline is going towards the old cabinet, but then there are jumpers bringing it back to the new one. There are a couple microwave dishes on this one. Sprint is the only tenant.

https://plus.google....567714061019425

• Like 4

Which set of pictures? :-p

In the first set, all microwave backhaul would be for the Fixed Wireless Broadband providers on the tower.

In the second set, yes, there are two backhauls. Here is an album of the microwave backhaul licenses Sprint has in the Chicago metro area: https://plus.google.com/photos/113290727794626880879/albums/5815581425345592769

Which set of pictures? :-p

In the first set, all microwave backhaul would be for the Fixed Wireless Broadband providers on the tower.

In the second set, yes, there are two backhauls. Here is an album of the microwave backhaul licenses Sprint has in the Chicago metro area: https://plus.google....581425345592769

Just out of curiosity, is there anywhere to get this information (about microwave licenses) for other markets?

Just out of curiosity, is there anywhere to get this information (about microwave licenses) for other markets?

The FCC's ULS has all information about all licenses. It's up to you to find the magic needed in their search page to get what you want. I used a 100 mile radius of CH01XC181 in my search.

There is one Sprint site I go by all the time that appears to use microwave backhaul, or provides it to other sites further east. The one where I live doesn't use microwave, there is a whole slew of AT&T fiber that goes right by that site so I imagine they probably use fiber on that site...

The rest of the Sprint sites I see around here don't use microwave.....and now I'm gonna be paying attention for that next time I go out... hahahaha.

I can't even determine what backhaul is here in NYC. I see Verizon laying down fiber non-stop throughout the city, but it is kind of hard to identify things when they are on the roof of 6-10 story apartment buildings.

Too bad Verizon isn't rolling fiber to apartment buildings in some parts of Queens. I know quite a few people who would jump on FiOS if they did.

• 5 weeks later...
A lot of Verizon trucks around in brooklyn at all times of the day , i look for sprint wirkers but i Font know what they look like

The Verizon workers you see are probably from the landline division. Sprint employees do not install Network Vision/LTE improvements. They are handled by subcontractors.

Robert via Nexus 7 on Tapatalk

I've never actually seen someone that works for the cellular company doing tower site work. I'm sure it happens, but I've never seen it.

Usually you'll find them where the cabinets are, I know the guys here never climb anything.