iansltx

The Ting Thread

I agree with the conclusion that GSM users value the flexibility a SIM card offers. Hopefully if and when SoftBank tells Sprint to start shipping future phones unlocked out of the box like VZW does, they will have an easier time attracting customers from AT&T and T-Mobile. More reasonable data rates also wouldn't hurt.

On another note, I wonder if Sensorly recognizes Ting signals as Sprint like it does for Boost and VM phones.

Ting phones are Sprint phones. I'm sure Sensorly would lump them in together.

Side note: the rest of my family have converted to Galaxy Victories, except my non-smartphone-toting dad, and they seem to be happy with the quality of service they're getting :)

I'm on Ting and my Sensorly data shows up as Sprint.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

https://ting.com/blog/ting-pays-out-etfs-up-to-75-per-line/

Effective today, we’ll pay 25% of the ETF paid to make the move to Ting, up to $75.

That’s up to $75 per line, to be clear. If you’re breaking out of your family plan contract to come to Ting, you can receive up to $75 per line that has an early termination fee associated with it.

Not to suggest you should do anything other than jump on this right away, but this isn’t a limited-time promotion. Rather, ETF Relief is just something we do now.

Pretty good deal for anyone considering moving to Ting.

This is what it says on http://www.ting.com/byod

However, roughly a quarter of Verizon iPhone 5 devices can activate with us. If you have a Verizon iPhone 5, go ahead and give it a shot. It’s the only way to know for sure.

How is that possible?

It doesn't seem impossible. Technically, Sprint (and subsequently, Ting) could activate almost any Verizon phone if they wanted to. 

It might be missing some bands for some services (B25/B26 LTE, among others), but in general, there's zero hardware / technological problem preventing Verizon phones on Sprint's network. 

Getting past Sprint's blacklist/whitelist is usually the only barrier. If Sprint chooses not to blacklist Verizon iPhones, there'd be nothing preventing them from working on Sprint.

It doesn't seem impossible. Technically, Sprint (and subsequently, Ting) could activate almost any Verizon phone if they wanted to. 

It might be missing some bands for some services (B25/B26 LTE, among others), but in general, there's zero hardware / technological problem preventing Verizon phones on Sprint's network. 

Getting past Sprint's blacklist/whitelist is usually the only barrier. If Sprint chooses not to blacklist Verizon iPhones, there'd be nothing preventing them from working on Sprint.

I think there is still a barrier for OTA. It might need some manual programming.  Oh, iPhone 5 take SIM card.

We need a Ting/MVNO thread in a dedciated section somewhere!

Maybe the mods can modify the title and move it to the appropriate area and just make this the Ting Thread?

We need a Ting/MVNO thread in a dedciated section somewhere!

Maybe the mods can modify the title and move it to the appropriate area and just make this the Ting Thread?

Already have one. This topic has been merged.

• Like 1

Already have one. This topic has been merged.

BOOM!

• Like 1

Ting has their own official forum, but I'm curious as to how many folks on here have their service. Or am I the only one? Well, not me exactly, but two (will soon be three) members of my immediate family (mom and brothers), all using LG Marquees, one of which is running CTMod (the other two will get it eventually).

What's funny is that their combined monthly bill will be less than mine. Then again, I have a high-end subsidized phone that gets used quite a bit more than theirs will be.

I think Robert has a Ting SIM

• Like 1

BOOM!

Is there are Republic Wireless thread?

I think Robert has a Ting SIM

Yes.  I have a Sprint SIM linked to a Ting account.

Robert

• Like 1

[...]

Yup.  Most of the devices that we see as being able to activate are either AppleCare replacements or refurbished devices.  The iPhone 5s and newer behaves a lot like the Nexus 5, adapting itself to whatever network it needs to based on the SIM card that it sees at first boot.  The only real hurdle is just getting the MEID in the database.  For now, devices sold as new from anywhere other than Sprint don't make it in, but AppleCare replacement devices, the Nexus 5, and now the Nexus 6 are softening that once very hard line.