EVDO news?

Not sure this post is allowed here being that its not LTE related… but what the hell

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/sprint-spends-200m-q3-support-increased-data-traffic-cdma-network/2012-11-08?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss

I'd be curious to know if this has already been in place - since we know that NV has also hosted EVDO — or is this truly an extra bucket of money…

Not sure this post is allowed here being that its not LTE related… but what the hell

http://www.fiercewir...&utm_medium=rss

I'd be curious to know if this has already been in place - since we know that NV has also hosted EVDO — or is this truly an extra bucket of money…

I saw that earlier and was baffled...

This is in regards to the ongoing network maintenance patches, or "band-aid" fixes that have been discussed on these forums. These are measures to hold over the network until NV upgrades reach any particular place, at which point these legacy patches will go away.

• Like 1

This is in regards to the ongoing network maintenance patches, or "band-aid" fixes that have been discussed on these forums. These are measures to hold over the network until NV upgrades reach any particular place, at which point these legacy patches will go away.

Beat me to it...I know Robert has addressed this point a couple of times as well in reference to the network.sprint.com site information.

I view it as necessary. I don't think I'm alone, and obviously Sprint thinks it is necessary too. It was nice to see the article point out that a lot of the subscriber growth was from Nextel adds. This is how you support subscriber growth on the legacy system, unfortunately. Should be a lot easier after NV.

That was my point.... Since the article and "quotes" seem like this is new and not a previous effort. I know in my home town they have upgraded evdo to 900-1500kbps on a couple towers. Where the rest are havinging problems keeping you on 3G as most of the time your on 1x mode. It's a real pain to say the least. Just wish I knew what Sprint was actually planning in my area.

That was my point.... Since the article and "quotes" seem like this is new and not a previous effort. I know in my home town they have upgraded evdo to 900-1500kbps on a couple towers. Where the rest are havinging problems keeping you on 3G as most of the time your on 1x mode. It's a real pain to say the least. Just wish I knew what Sprint was actually planning in my area.

Not to mention CDMA is also 1x, which sprint is definitely upgrading. I think they're just talking about either 1x advanced implementation or the EvDo with additional back haul. Evdo revB would be cool, but lte is even cooler.

• Like 1

Not to mention CDMA is also 1x, which sprint is definitely upgrading. I think they're just talking about either 1x advanced implementation or the EvDo with additional back haul. Evdo revB would be cool, but lte is even cooler.

This has been an ongoing effort all year, and previous to that.

It mostly additional backhaul that they are talking about here. There will be no EVDO revB. It's an effort to try and keep the network usable until NV hits the particular area. No real major changes, just additional carriers and backhaul where they can to keep up with growth.