Sprint towers down in the Medford Oregon area since December 2011?

medfordoregon

Getting really frustrated with the internet service being so slow in our area for so long. I have been in contact with Sprint since January 2012, and have been told for close to a year now that they know we have towers down and that they would get fixed, but to no avail.

Work orders have been submitted according to customer service but our Internet connection speed is almost non existent in our area.

We still have three towers down in our area and it's been close to twelve months.

Has anyone else been in contact with sprint or have noticed the super slow Internet speed in Medford Oregon area?

Network Vision upgrades are just about to begin in the Oregon market in the next few months. They will be upgrading all the equipment and backhaul to current standards and add LTE. Every site will be upgraded. It is likely that Sprint is riding out the existing network in your area because permanent upgrades are coming soon.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

Thanks for the comments. On average I have access to speeds of .050k to .150 k speed during the day and night. I've had customer service confirm the speed about every 3 months when I call in to remind them it has not gotten better.

At least their is hope on the horizon.

I"ve been with Sprint for over 10 years and am pretty happy overall. Just the internet speed or lack of this last year is frustrating.

Thanks for your time.

Medford doesn't strike me as an area that I've had problems with. I fly in there once every two months or so. I'm going to be there a few days after Thanksgiving. Are you near the downtown area? That's where I stay and as I said, I don't recall having really bad 3G speeds there.

Medford doesn't strike me as an area that I've had problems with. I fly in there once every two months or so. I'm going to be there a few days after Thanksgiving. Are you near the downtown area? That's where I stay and as I said, I don't recall having really bad 3G speeds there.

Emmm, Pancake House. *drool*

Robert

Emmm, Pancake House. *drool*

Robert

Robert, there is a member of S4GRU who has their picture on the wall of an IHOP for eating 17 pancakes in one sitting and winning a pancake eating competition. Any guesses who that could be...

Robert, there is a member of S4GRU who has their picture on the wall of an IHOP for eating 17 pancakes in one sitting and winning a pancake eating competition. Any guesses who that could be...

In a weird way, I almost envy you. :clap:

Robert

maybe someone can fill in the blanks. I know the Medford area is a new US Cellular 4G LTE Market. I heard from a few sources Sprint will be using their towers as well. I think they are towers owned or ran by King Street whom Sprint signed a deal with a short time ago.

• 2 weeks later...

This never gets old.

"Ahhhhh, paaaaancakes..."

AJ

• Like 2

I think I was confusing Medford with Eugene. When I was there this weekend, my Sprint coverage was horrific. Reverted to 1 x most of the time. It was essentially useless.

thanks! I know the Medford area has U.S. Cellular 4G service. I was thinking Sprint wouldn't be too far behind considering the tower agreement they recently signed.

• 2 weeks later...

I like Medford. It's a nice little burg. I'd move there in a heartbeat if there was work for me there.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk