Network Vision/LTE - Tucson/Yuma Market

jasper7821

There are a couple towers near the UofA providing 4G... but it is WiMax service, not LTE. They are protection sites installed by ClearWire to maintain their licenses in the Tucson area by covering the minimum number of POPs required by the FCC.

What say ye - are these new "findings" true or are they "catching" WiMax as previously posted?

So I went to visit the site located at 1st and Glenn earlier as suggested by this post... I was just northwest of the site at the elementary school parking lot. No 4G available. Restarted phone, PRL update, SignalCheck reset connections... no dice with anything.

Tested 3G anyway since I was there... and got this:

2DAq2Xy.png

Then I decided to go take a look at Amphi High School since it had the blip on Sensorly. No dice either... tested 3G there though... sad.

kXvlAHX.png

Both screenshots taken just now at home after returning and dinner, hence the results page in SpeedTest and WiFi in the status bar.

So I went to visit the site located at 1st and Glenn earlier as suggested by this post... I was about a half mile west of the site. No 4G available. Restarted phone, PRL update, SignalCheck reset connections... no dice with anything.

Tested 3G anyway since I was there... and got this:

Then I decided to go take a look at Amphi High School since it had the blip on Sensorly. No dice either... tested 3G there though... sad.

Both screenshots taken just now at home after returning and dinner, hence the results page in SpeedTest and WiFi in the status bar.

Yeah because I go to amphi high and like I said it started somewhere between 1:40-2:20 and ended roughly at 3:20

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

How do you map it on Sensorly? I'll see if I can pick it up again after I get out of work.

Open the Sensorly app (after downloading of course). Start mapping a trip, should have a large MAP button on the main screen. In the settings you can setup automatic mapping and other options. I have mine set to upload maps when it is on WiFi and charging so it doesn't drain the battery attempting to upload on 3G currently.

You can set limits for use as well. So mine is set to use no more than 20% of my battery per day, and not to start mapping a trip if under 30% battery level.

Yeah because I go to amphi high and like I said it started somewhere between 1:40-2:20 and ended roughly at 3:20

Yeah I went to look around 5:45... I was hoping it would still be there, or back up anyway... The horrible 3G speeds though severely disappointed me. I didn't even wait for the test to finish there before I went back to my home screen, I was surprised it finished the test in the background apparently.

That being said ,it looked like they had a game going at the school at the time. All of the track/football field lights were on, and there were quite a few cars in the lot. I used to go to AHS so I'm pretty familiar with the area. I did notice however that there's a site now located on the top of the floodlight pole in the northwest corner of the field, that didn't exist when I attended the school. Unsure who's on it, didn't get a picture of it since I only had my phone and it wasn't getting a good enough image.

Yeah I went to look around 5:45... I was hoping it would still be there, or back up anyway... The horrible 3G speeds though severely disappointed me. I didn't even wait for the test to finish there before I went back to my home screen, I was surprised it finished the test in the background apparently.

That being said ,it looked like they had a game going at the school at the time. All of the track/football field lights were on, and there were quite a few cars in the lot. I used to go to AHS so I'm pretty familiar with the area. I did notice however that there's a site now located on the top of the floodlight pole in the northwest corner of the field, that didn't exist when I attended the school. Unsure who's on it, didn't get a picture of it since I only had my phone and it wasn't getting a good enough image.

Yeah I HIGHLY doubt its a sprint site..as I go there everyday and have usaully 1 bar but rarely 3 bars.. but the signal check app tells me I have around -100 even when I have 4 bars.. strange

Oh well. It's pretty standard for them to turn it on and off the first couple days. Hopefully newgrounds can drive around the area a bit. I can't randomly justify driving through that area and I'm leaving town Friday (go figure).

Leaving now to check it out. I HAVE to see this! :lol:

Well drove around the area running LTE discover and sensorly and got a whole mess of eHRPD. But this is closer then we have ever been so cant wait for more to start lighting up!

Let us know when it comes back, Ejm. You're the conveniently located point man on this one ;)

Sorry guys, im in class but no LTE anywhere around the school right now :(

I did notice however that there's a site now located on the top of the floodlight pole in the northwest corner of the field, that didn't exist when I attended the school. Unsure who's on it, didn't get a picture of it since I only had my phone and it wasn't getting a good enough image.

AT&T. Should be 3 8' LTE antennas per sector according to the Preliminary Development Plan, but knowing how lazy AT&T got with their Tucson deployment it's probably 2 8' LTE antennas and a 4' UMTS antenna per sector. You can see examples of these not-so-fully converted sites all over town.

AT&T. Should be 3 8' LTE antennas per sector according to the Preliminary Development Plan, but knowing how lazy AT&T got with their Tucson deployment it's probably 2 8' LTE antennas and a 4' UMTS antenna per sector. You can see examples of these not-so-fully converted sites all over town.

It did look like a total of 3 panels per sector when I glanced at it. two larger on the outside, and a small one in the middle. I can't see how they would have fit 4 up there... it already seemed crowded with those 3 on each sector.

How long do they test before it goes live?

I know that in Yuma I first saw it on a Thursday and then didn't see it again until the following Monday or Tuesday, now it is constant in a lot of the area South of 24th St, and I am seeing it pop up further out. Be patient it is going to be back in a little while if there were no problems.

Yeah im wondering how far the tower is that im connected to :o

Should be the one at 1st/Glenn (seems most likely considering LTE at Amphi and 1st/Speedway, but not Grant/I-10, when referenced against https://network.sprint.com/AZ/Tucson/). Additional details in sponsor thread here http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/590-network-vision-site-map-phoenix-albuquerque-and-tucsonyuma-markets/?view=findpost&p=233305

I just picked up a fringe signal (-110 to -115) near 1st and River. It dropped as I hit Oracle headed west on River. As I got home Sensorly crashed though, so I don't think it logged the data/map. :(  Horrible ping shown. The test started really quick, it's just the ping test after that took forever to complete, I don't thin kit was accurate at all.

HA0jwic.png

I just lit sensorly like a xmas tree.

Speed tests showed horrendous pings... not sure if that's sensorly's fault.

Had signal north on 1st till about Roger, west on Grant till about 1/4 mile short of Oracle. No tech parked at the tower, might be on for good.

• Like 4

I just lit sensorly like a xmas tree.

Speed tests showed horrendous pings... not sure if that's sensorly's fault.

Had signal north on 1st till about Roger, west on Grant till about 1/4 mile short of Oracle. No tech parked at the tower, might be on for good.

Try a non-sensorly speed test. Sensorly tends to pick far away servers.

• Like 1