Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

I was on Montaño through that whole area and got nothing, even after rebooting my phone. I hope the far NW side of Abq gets it soon cause im still mainly 1x

Yeah, I haven't connected to LTE there since that night.

5a5uhe8a.jpg

My friend just sent me this. Sprint spark?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Yeah, I haven't connected to LTE there since that night.

5a5uhe8a.jpg

My friend just sent me this. Sprint spark?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

its just a spark capable phone connected to LTE.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Its been a month since our last 4g acceptances we due for some more, I hope... anyone else agree?

I think until all towers are complete, the answer is always yes lol. I wish cruces would get more than just 1 tower up. At least the one it did activate has a really good range.

I think until all towers are complete, the answer is always yes lol. I wish cruces would get more than just 1 tower up. At least the one it did activate has a really good range.

They probably set the panels up for more coverage and when they get more towers actively running LTE then they will readjust the panels as needed.

Its been a month since our last 4g acceptances we due for some more, I hope... anyone else agree?

What is frustrating in Alamogordo is that we have fiber to the tower. So we are waiting for sprint to install the AAV boxes. So now it is on sprint to get er done

Wow. I have SOLID LTE here at MY OWN HOUSE near Wyoming and Candelaria. I had to do a double take when I looked at my phone as I was driving down my street this evening and saw 4GLTE on my GS3!!! I left the house about an hour ago to run downtown to pick up my daughter from her prom. I noticed 4G all the way down to I-40, then quite bit west on I40 as well....but lost it somewhere between Louisiana and San Mateo. On the way back, I mapped out on Sensorly. My phone didn't switch to 4G until after I got off the Wyoming exit. Then held it STRONG all the way to my house and now if I turn off my WI-FI it just locks LTE instantly with a strong signal.

Too bad for Sprint, though, they are a day late (more like hundreds of days late) and a dollar short .....or more like.....*I* am HUNDREDS of dollars short for having paid such a high bill for so long desperately waiting and paying for LTE they only now turned on. As I mentioned in previous posts.....I switched to Ting.....which I highly recommend to all. 

Wow. I have SOLID LTE here at MY OWN HOUSE near Wyoming and Candelaria. I had to do a double take when I looked at my phone as I was driving down my street this evening and saw 4GLTE on my GS3!!! I left the house about an hour ago to run downtown to pick up my daughter from her prom. I noticed 4G all the way down to I-40, then quite bit west on I40 as well....but lost it somewhere between Louisiana and San Mateo. On the way back, I mapped out on Sensorly. My phone didn't switch to 4G until after I got off the Wyoming exit. Then held it STRONG all the way to my house and now if I turn off my WI-FI it just locks LTE instantly with a strong signal.

Too bad for Sprint, though, they are a day late (more like hundreds of days late) and a dollar short .....or more like.....*I* am HUNDREDS of dollars short for having paid such a high bill for so long desperately waiting and paying for LTE they only now turned on. As I mentioned in previous posts.....I switched to Ting.....which I highly recommend to all.

And Sprint thanks you for using Ting. They get paid still. And you use less data. It's a win/win. I like my Ting service. I pay for what I use on the Sprint network. Seems the most fair way to consume data, IMHO.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3

I've been getting great ping times in the Wisconsin /central area, but the data speeds have dropped to an average of 3 to 5 mbps for the last couple of weeks. Moving north from my home, I haven't noticed any LTE spreading. The service is better than before LTE switched on, but I'm starting to feel letdown. The service should be better.

This Note is a listing of every single Protection Site in America (work in progress) and a confirmation whether it is working or not. This note will be updated daily as information changes and/or is discovered. Do your part! If you live in or near one of the areas needing confirmation, confirm the signal and post results to Sensorly website via their Android app and post in this forum. Thanks!!!

once they get more towers with 4g overlapping each other there will be better performance.

And Sprint thanks you for using Ting. They get paid still. And you use less data. It's a win/win. I like my Ting service. I pay for what I use on the Sprint network. Seems the most fair way to consume data, IMHO.

Ha! I never thought of it that way? Brilliantly stated, Robert! But I was paying $195.00/ month on Sprint's regular old family plan, and now less than $100/mo. for a HIGHER USAGE month.TRUE...I HAVE made a concerted effort to conserve all usage to keep my bill down. But even for higher usage months (family of 4 with teenagers) it's half price.

You mean to tell me they REALLY prefer that? They aren't getting all of that back from Ting in fees. Any idea what percentage Sprint gets from those kinds of contracts? Is THAT much of my old bill allocated to marketing and customer service versus actual infrastructure, technology, and hardware???? If so, then they definitely can't compete in the service and marketing department!!! Clearly this free(er) market notion of the infrastructure and marketing/service being separated can/will revolutionize cellular service in the US.

Either way, I am FINALLY happy with my cell phone(s) and the service I pay for. I couldn't care less whether it "benefits" Sprint or not, but if it does, more power to all of us. "Sticking it to them" is not a priority or a necessity. Saving money is, and that's all that counts and if my saving money benefits Sprint in any way, then again more power to all parties involved and I hope Sprint as well as all the third party providers continue the path back upwards!!! And as with any free market product, competition will ensure the entire industry improves.

I've been getting great ping times in the Wisconsin /central area, but the data speeds have dropped to an average of 3 to 5 mbps for the last couple of weeks. Moving north from my home, I haven't noticed any LTE spreading. The service is better than before LTE switched on, but I'm starting to feel letdown. The service should be better.

I agree ........we are still not there yet.......BUT what I observed last night proves that more towers are being turned on. They are actually continuing the upgrades. For the past few weeks, since the first LTE in all of ABQ......I was skeptical that what we got was just a "token" and wouldn't have been surprised if we didn't get more for a long time. But fortunately, that skepticism looks unwarranted.

Hello all! My name is Robert and I've been following this site for awhile. It's sure nice to have some LTE in ABQ. I feel for all who can't conveniently use what Sprint LTE there already is. It was even nicer when the clock issue was fixed. It got a little confusing for awhile. I do a lot of driving for work mainly on the west side. Around 11:00 this morning I was at the Albertsons near Cottonwood Mall and I got an LTE signal. It was very faint (two dots per iOS 7). I ran three Ookla speed tests.

Test 1: Ping - 166 DL - 0.87 UL 0.09

Test 2: Ping - 231 DL - 0.07 UL 0.22

Test 3: Ping - 96 DL - 2.06 UL - 0.37

Nothing remarkable speed wise except for the last test, but it's LTE nonetheless. 3G had been lousy for awhile, but it's noticeably better now.

As I was driving south on Coors I got a faint signal just south of Paseo all the way until La Orilla (Hope that's spelled right). Then I got it again just before Montaño, although not directly at the intersection. Then I got it again past the intersection until the next light. I lost the signal after that. But while I had the LTE signal while I was driving it was very faint.

I have faith that more will LTE will come soon. The first wave convinced me of that. Just hang in there. It will be worth it.

Robert

• Like 1

Ha! I never thought of it that way? Brilliantly stated, Robert! But I was paying $195.00/ month on Sprint's regular old family plan, and now less than $100/mo. for a HIGHER USAGE month.TRUE...I HAVE made a concerted effort to conserve all usage to keep my bill down. But even for higher usage months (family of 4 with teenagers) it's half price.

You mean to tell me they REALLY prefer that? They aren't getting all of that back from Ting in fees. Any idea what percentage Sprint gets from those kinds of contracts? Is THAT much of my old bill allocated to marketing and customer service versus actual infrastructure, technology, and hardware???? If so, then they definitely can't compete in the service and marketing department!!! Clearly this free(er) market notion of the infrastructure and marketing/service being separated can/will revolutionize cellular service in the US.

Either way, I am FINALLY happy with my cell phone(s) and the service I pay for. I couldn't care less whether it "benefits" Sprint or not, but if it does, more power to all of us. "Sticking it to them" is not a priority or a necessity. Saving money is, and that's all that counts and if my saving money benefits Sprint in any way, then again more power to all parties involved and I hope Sprint as well as all the third party providers continue the path back upwards!!! And as with any free market product, competition will ensure the entire industry improves.

I wouldn't say they prefer it. But they prefer you and I use a Sprint MVNO than churning to another provider. MVNO's provide a good revenue stream for Sprint. MVNO customers use less network resources and do not consume any customer service. They are much less expensive to Sprint.

If a Sprint branded postpaid customer is worth a 10 to Sprint, then a MVNO customer is worth 6-7. So Sprint is happy to gain Ting customers. Even if less profitable. A corporate customer is also about a 7 or 8. Heck, even a Framily customer on a 10 line account is only a 6 or 7.

I am getting full bars at Louisiana and I40 this morning.  It is either being tested or soemthing is wrong as I am getting 66 ping but .02m up and .24m down. crazy. Good to see full bars though. It is still happening.

• Like 1