Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

Seeing the ABQ abbreviation, an odd question popped into my mind: has any enterprising restaurateur yet opened "ABQ BBQ"?

AJ

Hmmm. Good idea. But never have seen that.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Made it to the site.  This tower has many different carriers on it.  I took pictures but I can't figure out for the life of me how to upload.  Anyways, there was one panel/antennas per sector.  For each of the three panels, there were 3 RRU's.  It appeared to be fresh dirt dug for a trench.  I cannot confirm what it was for as I did not see a Centurylink box anywhere (assuming CL is the provider for this tower).  I toggled airplane mode several times hoping for a "LTE" sign but no dice (also restarted once).  I ran two speed tests. Each came out to 0.94 and 0.98 DL and 0.50 and 0.54 UL respectively (each ping time was 142 and 138).  Overall, it was really awesome to look up and see the RRU's.  Can't wait to see more of these around town.

As always, thanks Robert for the head' up on ABQ market. I know you are just as ancy as we are here.

Edit: I am a retard.

https://photos-5.dropbox.com/t/0/AAD01DlNoZR3-bJhuJZnMbddx0jvTeOd6BCCr1UYd9ad-g/12/26201613/jpeg/32x32/3/_/1/2/image%20%284%29.jpeg/OLZAetTzGioQTWdE7JQuEeMkkmea-EKYZjJio_T70U8?size=1024x768

• Like 1

Made it to the site. This tower has many different carriers on it. I took pictures but I can't figure out for the life of me how to upload. Anyways, there was one panel/antennas per sector. For each of the three panels, there were 3 RRU's. It appeared to be fresh dirt dug for a trench. I cannot confirm what it was for as I did not see a Centurylink box anywhere (assuming CL is the provider for this tower). I toggled airplane mode several times hoping for a "LTE" sign but no dice (also restarted once). I ran two speed tests. Each came out to 0.94 and 0.98 DL and 0.50 and 0.54 UL respectively (each ping time was 142 and 138). Overall, it was really awesome to look up and see the RRU's. Can't wait to see more of these around town.

As always, thanks Robert for the head' up on ABQ market. I know you are just as ancy as we are here.

Edit: I am a retard.

https://photos-5.dropbox.com/t/0/AAD01DlNoZR3-bJhuJZnMbddx0jvTeOd6BCCr1UYd9ad-g/12/26201613/jpeg/32x32/3/_/1/2/image%20%284%29.jpeg/OLZAetTzGioQTWdE7JQuEeMkkmea-EKYZjJio_T70U8?size=1024x768

must be the backhaul holding things up with those 3g speeds.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

First LTE site accepted in the Albuquerque market yesterday.  It's in El Paso, though.  On Montana Ave, near Mcrae.  Over by the airport.

Now to convince my wife she wants to spend her birthday weekend in El Paso.   ;)

She isn't moved by my pleas that it is not mapped on Sensorly, yet!!!

Robert

• Like 8

Now to convince my wife she wants to spend her birthday weekend in El Paso.   ;)

To convince her, you just need to sing a little jingle...

Pass the Old El Paso,

Taste the old Southwest,

Pass the Old El Paso,

Taste our very best.

AJ

• Like 1

Or, Robert, is this what your wife thinks of El Paso?

AJ

Or, Robert, is this what your wife thinks of El Paso?

AJ

She has no problems with Mexicans in a suit.   :blush:

The obscure clips you come up with...

Robert

• Like 1

She has no problems with Mexicans in a suit.   :blush:

The obscure clips you come up with...

I would not call that clip obscure.  It is from the Coen brothers' film, "No Country for Old Men," much of which was shot in New Mexico, in and around your Las Vegas.  And for those of you who do not habla Español, Las Vegas is Spanish for "the Vegas."

AJ

Do we know if the site in El Paso is broadcasting?

Don't know.  My wife won't let me go, it's not on Sensorly yet and no one has shown up from El Paso saying they will go check it out since we posted it.  We have a few El Paso/Cruces members, but none are very active.

I'm headed to ABQ this afternoon.  I'm going to be tower hunting while I'm there.  Check out the Menual/2nd site.  I think it's time to run the LTE Discovery App in full force around ABQ.  It could be any day now for the first site.  And we may be able to discover one in testing.  :fingers:

Robert

Don't know.  My wife won't let me go, it's not on Sensorly yet and no one has shown up from El Paso saying they will go check it out since we posted it.  We have a few El Paso/Cruces members, but none are very active.

I'm headed to ABQ this afternoon.  I'm going to be tower hunting while I'm there.  Check out the Menual/2nd site.  I think it's time to run the LTE Discovery App in full force around ABQ.  It could be any day now for the first site.  And we may be able to discover one in testing.  :fingers:

Robert

I will make my way by the 2nd street as well. I am heading to church soon.

Just passed the Waldo Canyon Sprint site near La Bajada on I-25, south of Santa Fe. Saw new narrow beam panels and RRUs. It's the blue tower that looks like a missile. Looks like deployment is on full force around the market.

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Just passed the Waldo Canyon Sprint site near La Bajada on I-25, south of Santa Fe.

La Bajada is my favorite part of the trip between Albuquerque and Santa Fe.

AJ

• Like 1

Look at central and Elizabeth. In between Eubanks and Juan tabo. Post pics in a sec.

Edit: Pics are in

Tower. Can clearly see the RRUs.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/plg08geoon6b1z4/Photo%20Jun%2001%2C%202%2046%2044%20PM.jpg

Cabinets:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/plg08geoon6b1z4/Photo%20Jun%2001%2C%202%2046%2044%20PM.jpg

Also in the cabinet shot, you get a great view of the Sandias today.

• Like 1

Look at central and Elizabeth. In between Eubanks and Juan tabo. Post pics in a sec.

Edit: Pics are in

Tower. Can clearly see the RRUs.

Cabinets:

Also in the cabinet shot, you get a great view of the Sandias today.

I know this site. It has the WiMax Protection Site on it. It's visible below. The one WiMax panel and one RRU behind it.

I'm headed to ABQ this afternoon.  I'm going to be tower hunting while I'm there.  Check out the Menual/2nd site.  I think it's time to run the LTE Discovery App in full force around ABQ.  It could be any day now for the first site.  And we may be able to discover one in testing.   :fingers:

Robert

I know you probably aren't going to like this answer but most of the time when I find the sites in test mode as they do not allow customers to use them is when you get handed off from one non-test mode site into the test mode site.  You get handed into the test mode serving cell for 5-10 seconds and the site then kicks you off.  Sometimes it kicks you off quicker if a data transfer is attempted.  Since there are no other sites to get handed off from it makes it difficult in areas to find these test mode sites.  

I know you probably aren't going to like this answer but most of the time when I find the sites in test mode as they do not allow customers to use them is when you get handed off from one non-test mode site into the test mode site.  You get handed into the test mode serving cell for 5-10 seconds and the site then kicks you off.  Sometimes it kicks you off quicker if a data transfer is attempted.  Since there are no other sites to get handed off from it makes it difficult in areas to find these test mode sites.  

Interesting.  I haven't been able to connect to either of the upgraded towers. My patience is leaving me; however, it is awesome to see them up there.

I know this site. It has the WiMax Protection Site on it. It's visible below. The one WiMax panel and one RRU behind it.

Were you able to find anything else out today?

Were you able to find anything else out today?

I'm at Hinkle with the family right now playing mini golf. It looks like the site across the street from here has been upgraded. I'm going to check it out when we leave.

• Like 1

Hit up some more sites yesterday on the way home.

Indian school and Tramway - This is a monopole site. Couldn't see the panels; however, I believe the following is new cabinets.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1a95qftw43c4voo/Photo%20Jun%2001%2C%206%2027%2013%20PM.jpg

Menaul and Morris - This is a monopole site as well. I believe these are new cabinets as well.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8qlvdep61g0kq68/Photo%20Jun%2001%2C%206%2032%2058%20PM.jpg

Hit up some more sites yesterday on the way home.

Indian school and Tramway - This is a monopole site. Couldn't see the panels; however, I believe the following is new cabinets.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1a95qftw43c4voo/Photo%20Jun%2001%2C%206%2027%2013%20PM.jpg

Menaul and Morris - This is a monopole site as well. I believe these are new cabinets as well.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8qlvdep61g0kq68/Photo%20Jun%2001%2C%206%2032%2058%20PM.jpg

Negative. These are legacy cabinets. I did go over and look at the Indian School/Tramway site when I left Hinkle. It turned out from a distance what I thought was Sprint was actually AT&T Ericsson RRU's. No NV work at either of these two sites you've listed, I'm afraid.

Negative. These are legacy cabinets. I did go over and look at the Indian School/Tramway site when I left Hinkle. It turned out from a distance what I thought was Sprint was actually AT&T Ericsson RRU's. No NV work at either of these two sites you've listed, I'm afraid.

Thanks for taking a peek at them. I will keep hunting on the way home from church today.

• Like 1