Will you buy the galaxy nexus? Or wait for a quad core?

pyroscott

Thanks I personally am not getting a new phone until late January of '13 so I'll be getting either the iPhone 5 or more than likely a quad processing core. I've never owned a iPhone but I think I'm a android guy.

So when are we going to find out the specs of the GN? Is it really going to have a better camera and faster processor?

Highly doubt the chip and camera and vastly different from what verizons model has...

Why would they upgrade the internals vastly till the next Nexus device is launched?...it simply doesn't make much sense to change it much as it'd be like releasing a new nexus model which this is not going to be really...

Only reason there would be a change is to incorporate LTE but that's already done on the VZ model as is so no need to change for that...

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Highly doubt the chip and camera and vastly different from what verizons model has...

Why would they upgrade the internals vastly till the next Nexus device is launched?...it simply doesn't make much sense to change it much as it'd be like releasing a new nexus model which this is not going to be really...

Only reason there would be a change is to incorporate LTE but that's already done on the VZ model as is so no need to change for that...

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

There will be a lot of unhappy tech savvy perspective customers if it isn't upgraded. If they are getting the same model as Verizon, they should have stamped that leaked ad out right away. That said, I doubt that they will upgrade the specs as the Nexus devices have the hardware picked right off the bat and the OS developed around the hardware. On the other hand, if they are already changing the internals to accommodate Sprint's spectrum frequencies, why not upgrade the items that people are unhappy with?

I guess Sprint likes to keep us on the edge of our seats.

Edit: I wonder what it would do to Samsung's relationship with Verizon if they upgrade the handset for Sprint? I don't know that they have a very good relationship as is, then you add this kind of strain...

That's for sure. 14 more days until we know for absolute certainty what the specs will be.

There will be a lot of unhappy tech savvy perspective customers if it isn't upgraded. If they are getting the same model as Verizon, they should have stamped that leaked ad out right away. That said, I doubt that they will upgrade the specs as the Nexus devices have the hardware picked right off the bat and the OS developed around the hardware. On the other hand, if they are already changing the internals to accommodate Sprint's spectrum frequencies, why not upgrade the items that people are unhappy with?

Edit: I wonder what it would do to Samsung's relationship with Verizon if they upgrade the handset for Sprint? I don't know that they have a very good relationship as is, then you add this kind of strain...

Another reason it likely wont be updated..though the VZ Galaxy Nexus has the Samsung CMC221 for LTE though I know no specs on that lil thing...BUT I would be highly surprised if it didn't work with Sprint's LTE freq...Would think the actual antennae hardware and memory being the only thing different than the VZ model...

would be a first to use different hardware inside SoC wise b/w carriers on Nexus device im pretty sure...

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5254/investigating-the-galaxy-nexus-lte-signal-issue

Yeah, I was pretty sad when I saw the specs were the exact same as Verizon's. Not that big red's isn't enough I was just hoping for a bit more.

I hear you on that one.