Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

I am now wondering, with all the work being done in the Miami market, are resources being focused there for deployment before moving to other Florida markets?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I doubt it. When I worked for Goff we didn't go to Miami so someone was there doing work. Another thing to add is a tower company can also sub out their work to other contractors even from out of state. That may make some sense if there are bonuses to be considered.

The Miami deployment looks strange to me at least on Sensorly. If you look at most of the other deployment areas there is a clear path where they are going. Northern California is a good example as you can see them working to Sacramento. Miami seems to be spots here and there. Makes me think there might be 2 or 3 tower companies working..

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I am now wondering' date=' with all the work being done in the Miami market, are resources being focused there for deployment before moving to other Florida markets?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

[/quote']

Though it may not feel like it, work is occurring in all Florida peninsula markets. I just talked to an Ericsson engineer yesterday. Expect the first Orlando sites to start appearing very soon...Jacksonville, Tampa and SW Florida very shortly afterward.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

• Like 2

Though it may not feel like it, work is occurring in all Florida peninsula markets. I just talked to an Ericsson engineer yesterday. Expect the first Orlando sites to start appearing very soon...Jacksonville, Tampa and SW Florida very shortly afterward.

Thanks for the heads up Robert. We've been going crazy lol.

Calm before the storm its coming I can feel it

I know we've all been actively seeking out the first LTE sites in Tampa/St. Pete, but wondering about Orlando. Are there as many folks actively watching for a site to pop up and put it on Sensorly? I only say this as Robert mentioned that he talked to an Ericsson engineer and that we could expect the first Orlando sites to start appearing very soon...Jacksonville, Tampa and SW Florida very shortly afterward. Seeing that would provide some optimism...

Orlando is not a very active market for S4GRU members. I can only think of two off the top of my head. We even have more members in the Panhandle market than Orlando.

Makes sense.. Florida in general is a transient state. It seems like no one here is actually from here. Orlando would probably be even more so with the reasons people actually go there.. Time to dig in the Orange County permit site and see what I can find..

Makes sense.. Florida in general is a transient state. It seems like no one here is actually from here. Orlando would probably be even more so with the reasons people actually go there.. Time to dig in the Orange County permit site and see what I can find..

Thinking about taking a motorcycle ride out that way and see what I can find. Good excuse to ride, not like I need one though.

• Like 1

Hey guys, I'm an Orlando market guy... I just don't post much I just watch the experts on all things Sprint LTE. ha. I live in Deland which is about 45 minutes north of Orlando and 30 minutes west of Daytona. I don't get out to Orlando to often, but I'm in Daytona almost every day. I have been checking for eHRPD and have not found any yet. If I ever find anything I'll be sure to post about it here and of course run sensorly, but I KNOW people will beat me to it! ha.

• Like 1

Hey guys, I'm an Orlando market guy... I just don't post much I just watch the experts on all things Sprint LTE. ha. I live in Deland which is about 45 minutes north of Orlando and 30 minutes west of Daytona. I don't get out to Orlando to often, but I'm in Daytona almost every day. I have been checking for eHRPD and have not found any yet. If I ever find anything I'll be sure to post about it here and of course run sensorly, but I KNOW people will beat me to it! ha.

Well I am hoping that Orlando, by showing some activity, will provide us folks in the Tampa/St. Peter area for some Hope and Change. (Please, no political comments on that pun).

I am from Florida... I am a rare breed :) though I did take a 16 year detour in VA.

I am beginning to wonder if there is something wrong with my phone. No matter where I go in the TB area I get crappie bandwidth

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Just sucks in general now. Tampa used to be a very good market for Sprint data.

OK so I have tested all over Tampa on my way home today. By my office near the Fairgrounds. Ybor, Downtown, Westshore, and the Vets/Suncoast all the way up to NPR, even tested in a few spots in NPR. All I can say is pitiful results, it has actually gotten way worse in the last few months. My OG EVO would at least get around 600K in most places except my office. most my tests today were below 200 down, and below 100 up. The best tower I can connect to is my AirRave it gives me 2.5Mb/sec 3G so it wasn't my phone.

Just sucks in general now. Tampa used to be a very good market for Sprint data.