Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

Check the tower behind the KIA dealer at 54 and 75 that one is being done by same contractor as lol and springhill towers

Thanks. I may check it for LTE when I pass by the area, and maybe go take a picture of it. But as of this morning, it is definitly not transmitting LTE yet...

Sent from my Galaxy S III

Looks like none of the towers on Gunn Hwy or Bush Blvd are going to be getting lte any time soon. As a matter a fact one of the towers that is marked as sprint has no panels at all. It's literally just a pole with nothing attached. When I drove up to it, it says its owned by a water company.

http://maps.google.com/?daddr=28.05803148553014,%20-82.53302489628932&saddr=Current%20Location

Don't think its a matter of towers being done, rather towers being inspected. As Feech suggested, the tech responsible for inspecting the tower could easily be in another part of the state at the moment.

Don't mind me. I'm just belly aching. It sucks having LTE so close, yet so far away.

• Like 1

Looks like none of the towers on Gunn Hwy or Bush Blvd are going to be getting lte any time soon. As a matter a fact one of the towers that is marked as sprint has no panels at all. It's literally just a pole with nothing attached. When I drove up to it, it says its owned by a water company.

http://maps.google.com/?daddr=28.05803148553014,%20-82.53302489628932&saddr=Current%20Location

That is a monopole all the panels are mounted in the pole. If you want to see what one looks like opened up there is one currently open at 54 and suncoast

Have any of you seen the mark in Coquina Key..I saw it a few days ago but wasn't sure if it was new or had been there. Looks like it might be another site though..Most of us actually map showing tracks. I think this is the Sprint/Ericsson tech leaving bread crumbs again.

I got some fair quality photos of a couple of towers we've been discussing lately...

First, here are two photos of the live LTE tower in Land O Lakes (TA73XC100). I didn't get very close to the tower, so I had to use the digital zoom on my GS3. But, you should still be able to see the Network Vision (NV) LTE Panels with RRUs in the center of the lower set of cellular antennas.

post-7085-0-00592400-1356015591_thumb.png

post-7085-0-65910700-1356015593_thumb.png

Have any of you seen the mark in Coquina Key..I saw it a few days ago but wasn't sure if it was new or had been there. Looks like it might be another site though..Most of us actually map showing tracks. I think this is the Sprint/Ericsson tech leaving bread crumbs again.

I'll be heading that way in about an hour or 2. I'll let you know if I find anything.

• Like 1

Check the tower behind the KIA dealer at 54 and 75 that one is being done by same contractor as lol and springhill towers

I drove by the Kia dealer tower you mentioned (TA03XC040). The tower is just East of the I-75/Bruce B Downs/SR54 Intersections. There are actually 3 different cell towers at the site. I have a picture of all three towers, and then close-ups of each individual cell tower. Again, I could not get really close, so I had to use the digital zoom on my GS3, and the quality is not outstanding. I'm not totally sure which tower has the Sprint Panels on it. Nor can I really tell if there are Network Vision LTE panels on the Sprint tower. There is currently no Sprint LTE coming from the tower.

post-7085-0-63819800-1356016732_thumb.png

post-7085-0-78172500-1356016745_thumb.png

post-7085-0-06134800-1356016748_thumb.png

post-7085-0-78471500-1356017106_thumb.jpg

I drove by the Kia dealer tower you mentioned (TA03XC040). The tower is just East of the I-75/Bruce B Downs/SR54 Intersections. There are actually 3 different cell towers at the site. I have a picture of all three towers, and then close-ups of each individual cell tower. Again, I could not get really close, so I had to use the digital zoom on my GS3, and the quality is not outstanding. I'm not totally sure which tower has the Sprint Panels on it. Nor can I really tell if there are Network Vision LTE panels on the Sprint tower. There is currently no Sprint LTE coming from the tower.

i see one tower with nv's ... second photo middle

That tower is rigged with a rope no?

If you click on it shows 1 bar of coverage. Could be from the tower at the interstate since its right on the water there's not to many obstructions.

Edited by James

I got nothing there. Week 3g signal.

I stopped by a few sites in Citrus Park Today.

Corner of Gunn and Dale Mabry: Nothing to report.

Stopped by a monopole on Gunn Hwy. Since all these antennas are hidden inside I can't say much.

[First 2 photos] Sheldon between hillsborough and Waters. Looks like there may be a Mounting bracket up but it might be old.

[second 2 Photos]Tower behind Citrus Park Mall, nothing going on. I did see one of the panels said metro Pcs, I'm assuming that's the lower set of antenna.

Really not looking like citrus park is going to be an early rollout.

post-8776-0-89381400-1356049548_thumb.jpg

post-8776-0-77283500-1356049560_thumb.jpg

post-8776-0-32385400-1356049589_thumb.jpg

post-8776-0-11189700-1356049620_thumb.jpg

Spent some time around the Land o' Lakes tower this evening. I discovered that the Speedtest.net application, is much better for measuring the performance of these sites. The Sensorly test gave me 8-9Mbps, over several tests. While parked in the same position, the Speedtest.net app reported just over 30Mbps down. That just makes me want LTE coverage even more than I did.

I guess I can't take screenshots on a non-rooted device, so I'll have to find other way to show my results.

I stopped by a few sites in Citrus Park Today.

Corner of Gunn and Dale Mabry: Nothing to report.

Stopped by a monopole on Gunn Hwy. Since all these antennas are hidden inside I can't say much.

[First 2 photos] Sheldon between hillsborough and Waters. Looks like there may be a Mounting bracket up but it might be old.

[second 2 Photos]Tower behind Citrus Park Mall, nothing going on. I did see one of the panels said metro Pcs, I'm assuming that's the lower set of antenna.

Really not looking like citrus park is going to be an early rollout.

ya there nothing here