Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

Welcome to Gods Waiting room Tampateacher, nice to have you on board. All I can say is when you pick up a 4G signal start Sensorly and it will record back to its website for all of us to see. If you have some time when you do see the 4G icon spend some of it exploring the area where you are to see how far the signal goes in all directions. Other than that? Have fun waiting like the rest of us. Shouldn't be too much longer though.

so making it a lot faster

Another analogy would be:

The cell site is like your home wireless router. You can power it up and connect to it with devices, but without the internet cord hooked up to it, the router is mostly useless.

Without backhaul, the cell site will not allow calls, texts, internet etc...

It also is defined in the FAQ. A link is in my signature.

• Like 1

Another analogy would be:

The cell site is like your home wireless router. You can power it up and connect to it with devices, but without the internet cord hooked up to it, the router is mostly useless.

Without backhaul, the cell site will not allow calls, texts, internet etc...

It also is defined in the FAQ. A link is in my signature.

so how will this affect my phone

I'm not really sure what you're not understanding here. Every cell site in the country has some sort of backhaul in place that is used for phone calls, texts, and data. Without it, there IS no phone.

ok I took as if we didn't have it... Haha sorry I get it now

ok I took as if we didn't have it... Haha sorry I get it now

The Network Vision overhauls are putting better backhaul in place. The current internet sources for Sprint sites are too slow to keep up with demand, so they are putting in mostly fiber and microwave sources to provide much faster internet speeds and greater bandwidth to accommodate more users. So in that sense, the new backhaul will make your connection faster.

The Network Vision overhauls are putting better backhaul in place. The current internet sources for Sprint sites are too slow to keep up with demand, so they are putting in mostly fiber and microwave sources to provide much faster internet speeds and greater bandwidth to accommodate more users. So in that sense, the new backhaul will make your connection faster.

so it can be more consistent with more people on the network.

Heading to the beach see if anything is going on over there

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

i drive the beach every day.they have awesome coverage the whole way and strong wimax :( and pretty solid over 1 meg download speeds all the time i actually enjoy the coverage there. but it shows it can only handle that size population. gulf blvd that is.

?

on another note anyone notice that sensorly shades in all the area by shady tower when you zoom out allot ( might explain how company come up with crazy coverage maps lol

Edited by TuX

So we have our site in Sprint Hill in our update but I'm still mad (not really). Wish we knew more about this site like how long the work has been done there, how long it has been giving a signal, who was it that put it on Sensorly, is that person actively looking for Sprint LTE or was it a fluke?

It may tell us something about the other sites we know with panels and cabinets done. Robert said that this site was not accepted last week if we had got an update from what he had saw, but this week it turned up. So it makes me think the Spring Hill site could have been up for a month or longer possibly and that may actually make some sense. So where are the other sites then?

So we have our site in Sprint Hill in our update but I'm still mad (not really). Wish we knew more about this site like how long the work has been done there, how long it has been giving a signal, who was it that put it on Sensorly, is that person actively looking for Sprint LTE or was it a fluke?

It may tell us something about the other sites we know with panels and cabinets done. Robert said that this site was not accepted last week if we had got an update from what he had saw, but this week it turned up. So it makes me think the Spring Hill site could have been up for a month or longer possibly and that may actually make some sense. So where are the other sites then?

We could easily have sites scattered here and there. Very exciting and frustrating at the same time.

I agree but we have been looking like crazy. All of us have been. I know over in some areas of the Tampa market and S/W Florida especially that you would have to know where the site is and drive to it. What I mean is you wouldn't just casually come across it during your daily drive.

In Pinellas county though you can almost see every tower from the main routes through the county. Even that one in Spring Hill is on 19 definitely a main street. Only reason we missed that is because we don't have anyone that far north and who the heck would think that would be first. Which makes me think it's not the first

The Spring Hill site is definitely the first one inspected in the Tampa market. I had a heads up from a source two days before it showed up on Sensorly. I marked it as "In Progress" in the database, but didn't get around to updating the map. That source says it was the only one where Ericsson was ready for inspection in the Tampa market to date.

More may go live this week and more acceptance inspections called for, but it was likely that no other sites were live in the Tampa market last week.

Robert via Nexus 7 on Tapatalk

I have a sneaking suspicion that the Ericsson/Sprint Engineer that checked off the site did a little Sensorly action. because it was only at the tower. Basically like throwing meat to a pack of wild dogs saying "Go get it!"

• Like 1

I agree but we have been looking like crazy. All of us have been. I know over in some areas of the Tampa market and S/W Florida especially that you would have to know where the site is and drive to it. What I mean is you wouldn't just casually come across it during your daily drive.

In Pinellas county though you can almost see every tower from the main routes through the county. Even that one in Spring Hill is on 19 definitely a main street. Only reason we missed that is because we don't have anyone that far north and who the heck would think that would be first. Which makes me think it's not the first

That Spring Hill tower doesn't give coverage on 19 btw.