Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

Hey everyone. I'm new at posting on this forum but I'm always reading it. So- I finally decided to register.

On Monday I was driving on 275 north on the St. Pete side approaching the Howard Frankland (right by the new Welcome to St Pete sign). There's a tower on the northbound side of the highway near the St Pete sign and the 4th Street / Ulmerton exits. I saw a bunch of technicians working on the tower, and there were probably about four or five unmarked white utility vans parked there too. Not sure if they were doing anything for Sprint though. Does anyone know?

- George

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.

Is that the monopole your're talking about

I just passed that pole. Didn't see any panels up or workers looked like there was a generator on site though. That's a hard site to scope because either you have to stop on the highway or from the Pinellas side have to be going to Tampa cuz there ain't no turning around once you get to the tower.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I could be wrong but it looks like they recently set a new shelter there.. That likely wouldn't be Sprint, but that site is so cramped it looks like anything is possible plus with is being on the water I guess they might

Nice,,now go find some sites lol ..What made you choose that over the SG3

Feels like better build quality, Sense functionality, camera, cheaper(not a big reason lol), screen. Overall I have just been tremendously impressed by the EVO and not so much over the GS3. Even after asking several times on this site, I wasnt convinced the LTE issues weren't anything but a software issue.

I have 30 days to exchange it so hopefully I'll get to test LTE soon.

• Like 1

My guess is Sprint didn't sell a bunch of them

Dunno.. I was glad to get rid of it though. Got my coverage back I lost too. I can hold 3g again through some low areas where the EVO would drop to 1x (ran a rom with the 1x icon fix).

Sent from a little old Note 2

Dunno.. I was glad to get rid of it though. Got my coverage back I lost too. I can hold 3g again through some low areas where the EVO would drop to 1x (ran a rom with the 1x icon fix).

Sent from a little old Note 2

Hate to turn this into another HTC sucks conversation but I have 2 people I work with all of us had OG EVOs 2 of us upgraded to the LTE. He would tell me and still does that he can even hold his 3G signal like his OG EVO and the other co-worker that still had hers would hold her signal when his would drop. Guess there is something to it