Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

I disagree. There's a difference between a launch and a completion. Just because sprint announce a launch doesn't mean they are going to change the rest of the build out. They're still going to have to test the panels they put up and ajust for maximum coverage. And unil the build out is complete, there will still be holes in the coverage.

But accountability matters. I can't hold Sprint to the promise of LTE because it isn't launched. It doesn't officially exist. If I have problems with it, there is no recourse except turning off LTE or changing providers. This is not the case post-launch. With launch comes the expectation of a certain level of service. And if this not provided, I can call Sprint and have a reasonable expectation that they look into the problem.

In the world or wireless there is no such thing as a guarantee. I get that. Most people don't. Which is why Sprint setting expectations is so imperative.

But at the same time, I worry that 'under construction' will become a cop out for not providing what they advertise. I'll rest a lot easier once this first round of NV is fully done.

But accountability matters. I can't hold Sprint to the promise of LTE because it isn't launched. It doesn't officially exist. If I have problems with it, there is no recourse except turning off LTE or changing providers. This is not the case post-launch. With launch comes the expectation of a certain level of service. And if this not provided, I can call Sprint and have a reasonable expectation that they look into the problem.

In the world or wireless there is no such thing as a guarantee. I get that. Most people don't. Which is why Sprint setting expectations is so imperative.

But at the same time, I worry that 'under construction' will become a cop out for not providing what they advertise. I'll rest a lot easier once this first round of NV is fully done.

This is the first time that someone has had a well thought out reason why launch announcement is important.. Well said. I agree 100 percent. Accountability means a lot here. It's at this point where you can start gripe about service issues whether real or perceived..

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

After sprint announces launch, are they 100% accountable or 40% accountable. I only ask because sprint will be about 40% complete when they announce the launch.

After sprint announces launch, are they 100% accountable or 40% accountable. I only ask because sprint will be about 40% complete when they announce the launch.

That's a good question to which I have no definite answer. Even at 100% completion there is no such thing as 100% accountability. As I said, there is no guarantee when it comes to wireless. Ultimately what is considered acceptable is up to the consumer. That said, it's up to Sprint to set reasonable expectations. And to at least deliver what they say they will.

I have heard/read Sprint makes it official around 40%. As of now we are at 16%. For as many sites that appear complete but are not broadcasting I just wonder why the hold up.

They will launch when 40% of a city they can name has coverage, not 40% of the market. They will announce Tampa, Florida as launched when approximately 40%-50% of the metro area sites have been converted. They will likely announce other separate areas, like St. Pete, Brooksville, etc. when they get enough coverage too.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

That's a good question to which I have no definite answer. Even at 100% completion there is no such thing as 100% accountability. As I said, there is no guarantee when it comes to wireless. Ultimately what is considered acceptable is up to the consumer. That said, it's up to Sprint to set reasonable expectations. And to at least deliver what they say they will.

There will be no noticeable changes or accountability after launch. They will still be actively working in the market. Signals will still go down on occasion. The big difference is after launch, CSR's can report tickets though. But if you call after launch, you will still hear the same story..."There are Network Vision and LTE deployment crews in your area which may lead to service issues..."

But the general rule of thumb is if the coverage is shown on the Sprint site, then the CSR's can see the sites and open tickets on service issues.

That's where we do agree. If sprint does advertise or promise a service, then by all means they should be held accountable by their custumers.

Whoa! Let's get a grip on this whole "accountability" thing. You can report service problems on a deployed site after launch. If you call that accountable, then fine. But if you plan on calling to bitch because your site isn't converted yet after the market has launched, then you should probably go find another carrier now.

There will not be some miraculous accountable relationship that will magically appear after launch. Sprint is still Sprint. They will still do business they way they have. Work will still continue all over Tampa. Things will still go off and on. Some sites may stay off for extended times. And you will be inconvenienced. Count on it. The only difference is you can open a ticket to report a problem.

Sprint will not be complete in the Tampa area for 8-12 more months. The only way to hold Sprint accountable for their actions is to leave. And the actions Sprint is taking now, and over the next 8-12 months is to bring you a brand new state of the art network, that gets activated one site at a time.

• Like 1

But if you plan on calling to bitch because your site isn't converted yet after the market has launched, then you should probably go find another carrier now.

That's not the take I got from him at all.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

We should clarify and say that once Sprint has launched a market they assume "reasonable accountability" for officially operating towers and so forth. Obviously, markets will still be upgrading and expanding after a "launch" so its reasonable to expect incomplete service areas and mild disruptions.

I want to hear how you guys plan to hold Sprint accountable after your market launches in the next month or two. Really. Please do tell.

If you feel the need to hold Sprint accountable for Network Vision deployment in Tampa, you need another carrier.

I want to hear how you guys plan to hold Sprint accountable after your market launches in the next month or two. Really. Please do tell.

If you feel the need to hold Sprint accountable for Network Vision deployment in Tampa, you need another carrier.

I apologize if we've irritated you. Certainly not what I, or anyone else, intended. To me its just what you mentioned in a previous post about accepting tickets and responding to issues related to NV. A very simple and basic assurance. I'd elaborate further but I'm feeling a little dissuaded so this will be the last I comment on the subject.

Whoa! Let's get a grip on this whole "accountability" thing. You can report service problems on a deployed site after launch. If you call that accountable, then fine. But if you plan on calling to bitch because your site isn't converted yet after the market has launched, then you should probably go find another carrier now.

There will not be some miraculous accountable relationship that will magically appear after launch. Sprint is still Sprint. They will still do business they way they have. Work will still continue all over Tampa. Things will still go off and on. Some sites may stay off for extended times. And you will be inconvenienced. Count on it. The only difference is you can open a ticket to report a problem.

Sprint will not be complete in the Tampa area for 8-12 more months. The only way to hold Sprint accountable for their actions is to leave. And the actions Sprint is taking now, and over the next 8-12 months is to bring you a brand new state of the art network, that gets activated one site at a time.

As an example Robert, my EVO LTE is obviously a week performer as compared to other handsets on the network. I can't complain at all about the handset because as far as Sprint is concerned or tech support is concerned they have not launched the market yet. This is what I have been told by them.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Sprint accountability according to me... Fix an issue or explain the reason for an issue. If a customer isn't satisfied with that, they can leave. Despite what your intimating, I believe the same as you on this. there is no obligation on Sprint's part do do anything whatsoever about a service that they do not acknowledge.

Sprint accountability according to me... Fix an issue or explain the reason for an issue. If a customer isn't satisfied with that, they can leave. Despite what your intimating, I believe the same as you on this. there is no obligation on Sprint's part do do anything whatsoever about a service that they do not acknowledge.

Sounds like we are on the same page.

Robert would happen to know anything more about the site at Fowler and 50th? It has had panels up for around 60 days now so I'm just curious as to what the delay may be. Particularly curious because this area has several fiber lines that service the university so I wouldn't imagine backhaul being a pressing issue.

Robert would happen to know anything more about the site at Fowler and 50th? It has had panels up for around 60 days now so I'm just curious as to what the delay may be. Particularly curious because this area has several fiber lines that service the university so I wouldn't imagine backhaul being a pressing issue.

Nope. I don't know what the issue is particularly with that site. I rarely get info about specific sites and challenges on that level. I'm lucky to hear about problems even on a cluster or market level.

Sprint's selected backhaul vendor for that site may not have access to the same fiber you're referring to. They may be using AAV or fiber from another location.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

That whole area gets Verizon FIOS. My work office has it and so does my apartment 1/2 mile away. I hope it comes on soon

I think LTE is lit on a tower near US 41 and SR 54 in the Land O Lakes area.

There's been a live LTE tower for about two months, located three miles east on SR54. Do you think this is an additional tower in that same area? Just checked Sensorly, and I'm not yet seeing much, to indicate one or the other.

Is it just my perception, or has the momentum of new 4G towers really picked up the in past week or so? At least three new sites in Pasco, a new tower on I-4 in Polk, near the eastern end of the Polk Parkway, and probably a new tower or two in Hillsborough and Pinellas. Either the pace is picking up, or we're just in a short burst of new sites. I hope it's the former.

There's been a live LTE tower for about two months, located three miles east on SR54. Do you think this is an additional tower in that same area? Just checked Sensorly, and I'm not yet seeing much, to indicate one or the other.

There is new full bar coverage on Sensorly just south of 54 at the intersection of 41 and Dale Mabry.

• Like 1