Network Vision/LTE - Cincinnati Market

ohioratrodder

Does anyone know what the DCI number is in the LTE section of SignalCheck Pro. I just noticed that changing from 08013C00 to 08017F02. Could that be a new determination of which LTE tower you are off of?post-9230-0-40157700-1398707982_thumb.jpg

Does anyone know what the DCI number is in the LTE section of SignalCheck Pro. I just noticed that changing from 08013C00 to 08017F02. Could that be a new determination of which LTE tower you are off of?attachicon.gif 2014-04-28_13-55-25.jpg

Yes. That's how we track LTE in Columbus since there is no geocoding given off by LTE signals.

Does anyone know what the DCI number is in the LTE section of SignalCheck Pro.

First 3 digits are market code, next three are site code, and last two are sector code. So the middle three are what you want to look at for to identify a tower.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I went by few towers today.

The towers which I've seen that have 800 and LTE are: Bridgewater, Glenn Trace Ln, the tower near 747 and Princeton, and the tower on Pleasant avenue in Fairfield near John Gray.

The Factory Dr tower and the tower on seward near rt 4 are LTE now, but my phone wouldn't connect to 800 on either of them even though I'm on a prl with 800 priority. But both are doing LTE. So now you can get LTE end to end on bypass 4.

uploadfromtaptalk1398717071154.jpg

This was very close to the tower on seward.

uploadfromtaptalk1398717098798.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

This morning at work (Seward rd) I had 1 bar 4g LTE, i just returned from lunch and i now have 4 bars. All of the waiting is now starting to pay off!

Agree. After yrs of unusable service it's all looking up. 4 bars and consistent LTE since yesterday morning.

On another note I've been in Montgomery, Sharonville and West Chester today and the service is all over the place. Going in and out of LTE all day. Must be a lot of work going on.

• Like 1

Thank you for the reminder of the light at the end of the tunnel. Forgot my hotspot today and twice had to leave the office to go stand next to panera so an email would go.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Agree. After yrs of unusable service it's all looking up. 4 bars and consistent LTE since yesterday morning.

On another note I've been in Montgomery, Sharonville and West Chester today and the service is all over the place. Going in and out of LTE all day. Must be a lot of work going on.

All this goodness needs to spread south. Cincinnati is still crawling. On another note here off of Turfway in NKY I was able to maintain an lte signal for more than a minute, enough to barely squeeze in a speed test. Not much to brag about but its a start :-) it peaked at 11ish before it quicly faded.

uploadfromtaptalk1398718679109.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

They were definitely placing the cabinet into the site, I watched them lower it in and unhook it. I don't know what carrier it is for. And although my connection was strong the speed was not.

While that cabinet does resemble a Samsung cabinet, that tower has been LTE active since probably saturday morning. For LTE to work, the new cabinets are required. There is no scenario whereby LTE works from the old ones, and as such the new one very likely has been installed for some time, near back when I reported that tower as being "in progress."

AFAIK, 800mhz doesn't use a second cabinet, it's all in one. I don't however know what happens when the old clearwire stuff is also on the same site as sprint, if that requires a new cabinet or not to upgrade the clearwire stuff.

But mostly, since there are like 5 or 6 carriers on that tower, who knows. But it doesn't seem like it's sprint and without more evidence I'm going to assume it's not. It's possibly for upgrading the clearwire site, but that picture is hardly going to tell us if that's the case.

• Like 1

I've been feeling like once it's starts to move, it'll move fast. If you've been watching columbus on the sponsor maps, it seems like once acceptances start going, it's moves quite a bit.

I think that a lot of towers in our area are upgraded already, just waiting for acceptance. We don't really have anyone out getting proof of sites being upgraded for in progress status here in the Cincinnati market.

• Like 2