Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

It's also looking as if a site is not 3G accepted already as of today, it will not be activated with LTE by the end of 2013. There will be a good amount of LTE but will not be a benefit to inside the outerbelt. Don't give up your WiFi yet Columbus. :wall:

Can you elaborate on why if a site is not 3g accepted 'as of today' that it won't be LTE active by the end of the year? Or are you able to divulge that information?  I'm guessing its a timeframe with backhaul availability..

There are a lot of sites within the outerbelt we can be checking for NV equipment, just so we know how far along we are already.

Can you elaborate on why if a site is not 3g accepted 'as of today' that it won't be LTE active by the end of the year? Or are you able to divulge that information? I'm guessing its a timeframe with backhaul availability..

All the sites that we know the scheduled launches of 2013 all are 3G accepted. Check the spreadsheet.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

Checked 10 sites this afternoon. Found 5 with NV equipment. I'll update the spreadsheet and map tomorrow at the latest.

• Like 1

I'm putting my guess that there's a major problem in the regional hub (Worthington?) that has to be dealt with, one that was discovered since they've lit up some sites. I'm going to guess it cost Sprint anywhere between $50k-$75k per cell to put the hardware and back-haul up. That's a lot of money to spend and not utilize it for months. I'd bet Columbus is worse than Chicago, they discovered it on accident and are saving a world of headaches by delaying.

I have noticed a trend from the maps though, outside of 270 seems to be lighting up, at least everywhere but south and southeast. 

FWIW, tower monkeys are swinging from the 33/Diley Rd site tonight. It already has fiber and base cabinets. 

All the sites that we know the scheduled launches of 2013 all are 3G accepted. Check the spreadsheet.

I did do that, and yet both LTE sites functioning inside Columbus belt  aren't marked as 3g accepted. The north side one ( on Morse ) has a '3g accepted' forecast of 2/2014 and  the LTE on south ( near Grove City ) is forecasted for 3g acceptance around 11/2013.  Neither is the one on Garber Road listed as 3g accepted.  Couldn't other LTE sites conceivably come online unexpectedly that aren't 3g accepted as well or do these examples break the mold ?  I know both these sites caught everyone off guard when they came online.  Maybe now the information coming in for scheduled launches is more focused.  And I also know you said backhaul was a big issue.. I guess I'm just looking at patterns and maybe I shouldn't be, but it would seem in some cases 3g acceptance isn't a prerequisite for LTE.  Ok, i'm rambling... :(

Spreadsheet is updated with what I found. Give map 15 minutes to refresh. I went from 161 and Sunbury to James & Broad. Snagging a few in between. Was excited to see what I consider a lot of backhaul. I'll post some more tomorrow. Wife just got back from Chicago. Me Time! Goodnight.

Is somebody gonna go rack up some points???

I'm trying. If we can verify what sites have what, well know how much more there is to go green. Since the Sponsor group went from Ohio/WV to Columbus/WV I'm going to start posting more in there so I can speak a little more freely.

I guess I'm just looking at patterns and maybe I shouldn't be, but it would seem in some cases 3g acceptance isn't a prerequisite for LTE. Ok, i'm rambling... :(

Believe me, I'm hoping that I'm wrong or missing something. We just recently came across scheduled launch information. So I personally don't know when and if Morse and Jackson Pike was scheduled. They may have had a documented schedule of June & July.

I'm going to do some NV hunting in Southern Franklin, Pickaway, Madison and Fayette Couties today.

Sweet. I'm curious about the 2 800 sites in west Jeff.

I can look at the site at Rickenbacker and south of canal Winchester towards Lancaster.

3-0-51-20. Next 4g sites should be the 3 southern most towers in Granville.

Yahooooo,

I live for updates from Robert and thenight84....

All 3 towers at once?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

• Like 1

Yahooooo, I live for updates from Robert and thenight84.... All 3 towers at once? Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

I would imagine. They are the only 3 4G Towers that a scheduled to launch inside the next 30 days and the inside the 30 day window is as accurate as these things get.
  • Like 3

I would imagine. They are the only 3 4G Towers that a scheduled to launch inside the next 30 days and the inside the 30 day window is as accurate as these things get.

Unfortunately my prediction is proving valid. Welp!

I'm trying. If we can verify what sites have what, well know how much more there is to go green. Since the Sponsor group went from Ohio/WV to Columbus/WV I'm going to start posting more in there so I can speak a little more freely.

Can you please provide a link ?

Can you please provide a link ?

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/682-network-vision-site-map-columbus-west-virginia-markets-formerly-all-of-ohio/

Today's post has been brought to you by Sprint, the letters GN and the number 2.

Fifty-one sites with 1900 Mhz  3g sounds encouraging.. it'll make things a lot more useable

Sounds encouraging, but to confirm that doesn't necessarily mean backhaul improvements, correct?  I.E. 3G upgrades mean new RRUs and cabinets but possibly the same slow speeds... :'(

Thanks thenight84! Do you know if groveport OH is scheduled to get 800 love. I live in an area where I get like -105 DBM on 1x/evdo and its a dead area around canal and groveport and I'd really like to know:) if you know!! Thanks

3-0-51-20. Next 4g sites should be the 3 southern most towers in Granville.

Those that are worried about progress not really being made until 2013...

I wouldn't worry too much about that. Yes, things have been rather slow on the LTE side since the first site came up, but that does not indicate that many more won't be activated before the end of the year.

Even thenight84 said that some of the towers that have come online didn't match up with what he was showing (at least, as I recall, correct me if I'm wrong). So that's likely to continue. It's nearly impossible to schedule the site upgrades, as in many cases there are so many moving pieces, sometimes it's not known when a site is going to actually be upgraded until a week before hand.

• Like 4

Thanks thenight84! Do you know if groveport OH is scheduled to get 800 love. I live in an area where I get like -105 DBM on 1x/evdo and its a dead area around canal and groveport and I'd really like to know:) if you know!! Thanks

I've got an 800 signal from the Rohr Rd tower right this minute off Diley Rd. I'd assume the rest of Canal can get this signal as well as it's between me and the tower as the crow flies.

RSSI: -96 dBm, Ec/Io: -9.0dB

SID: 22442, NID: 214, BID: 59793

Crews were on the tower on Basil-Western yesterday night (around 8pm) as well, so I'm assuming they're working on the antennas there. I usually have a hard time getting a 1XRTT signal from that tower where I live, so I'm hoping it gets 800 as well.

• Like 1

I've got an 800 signal from the Rohr Rd tower right this minute off Diley Rd. I'd assume the rest of Canal can get this signal as well as it's between me and the tower as the crow flies.

RSSI: -96 dBm, Ec/Io: -9.0dB

SID: 22442, NID: 214, BID: 59793

Crews were on the tower on Basil-Western yesterday night (around 8pm) as well, so I'm assuming they're working on the antennas there. I usually have a hard time getting a 1XRTT signal from that tower where I live, so I'm hoping it gets 800 as well.

It is possible we can get a screen shot showing the 1x800 connection to Rohr so we can have it updated on our list, please?

Today's post has been brought to you by Sprint, the letters GN and the number 2.