Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

yeah I think we know that, but it could still be at the same site..  I mean even if its in differnet cabinets some towers could still be all bands.. I've never read anything that said 2500 needs to be on its own site

without getting into trouble about what I'm discussing where since certain people lead me down the path of the forum cops....

Each band has it's own cabs. Since Sprint now owns several of these little companies and each of those former companies had leases protecting the landlords should a buyout happen, a site is a site and that's all there is to it. Since Clearwire was it's own thing, they had their own sites, Sprint had theirs, etc. So now you'll have WiMax sites being upgraded to B41 "in-place". Some happen to be co-located with Sprint cells, some don't. How this weighs in with the ecsfb has me wondering since it could be possible to be on LTE B41 but not the same tower that has voice, but that's for another post.

Now my instinct is that somebody, a project manager at Sprint in our market got fired and someone replaced them. That someone changed up the deployment for our market. The two previous sentences are all speculation and instinct. Sprint is doing the original NV 1.0 work still which encompasses 800 voice, 1900 voice, 1900 data, 1900 LTE. In the middle of that, they started another crew on 2500 LTE (B41) patching for Clear sites. They're starting another implementation of 800 LTE and another implementation of 2500 LTE replacement. 

AT&T, TMO and Verizon are also all rolling out new services still. Contractor wise, AT&T and the big V use 100% union labor and won't affect Sprint's deployment. TMO however uses the same contractors as Sprint so whoever pays the most gets the most attention. John Legere being who he is, will pay more to get his sites done before Sprint at all costs. Sprint rolls out another project and spreads the contractors thinner slowing down progress on everything else. 

Does that help?

• Like 3

The LTE signal between morse and sunbury was kicking out 19mb down 9up. Even tho it's a light purple on Sensorly Come on Sprint. New week new hope

The light purple is there because that area was previously mapped getting LTE from another site. The solution is to remap it several times and it will show correctly now.

Get mapping!!

Posted Image

• Like 1

. What's wrong with this? South side parsons Thurman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Need to see your final results, instead of in process results. Also, need to see your LTE signal. May be an issue of weak signal, could be an overburden site, could be site doesn't have it's LTE configured yet, could be there has an LTE cap until sites around it are ready.

What's wrong with this? South side parsons Thurman

Need to see your final results, instead of in process results. Also, need to see your LTE signal. May be an issue of weak signal, could be an overburden site, could be site doesn't have it's LTE configured yet, could be there has an LTE cap until sites around it are ready.

I have a feeling I know which site this is.  I believe there may be a problem with that site.  It wouldn't hurt to report a problem to Sprint.  They are going to probably pass the buck because it isn't "supposed" to be updated yet...  It is too bad you cannot join the Sponsor discussion.  I mentioned this problem there the other day.

I have a feeling I know which site this is.  I believe there may be a problem with that site.  It wouldn't hurt to report a problem to Sprint.  They are going to probably pass the buck because it isn't "supposed" to be updated yet...  It is too bad you cannot join the Sponsor discussion.  I mentioned this problem there the other day.

I honestly think it's because the site isn't ready yet for Prime time. They'll swing back by these sites to ensure the market is working properly.

• Like 1

I pulled up FT Screen a week ago around that same area and it was -117. Thought I screen shot it but I do remember. That was taken on Grant and Livingston Friday. Same issues as today.

• Like 1

I pulled up FT Screen a week ago around that same area and it was -117. Thought I screen shot it but I do remember. That was taken on Grant and Livingston Friday. Same issues as today.

-117dBm is a weak signal on LTE 1900. Usually pulls a poor Speedtest.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Why is it every sprint site I come across is owned by either American Tower or Crown Castle? The AT&T and Verizon sites have their logo on them and and say that they are owned by them. Does Sprint not actually own any of their sites?

• Like 1

Why is it every sprint site I come across is owned by either American Tower or Crown Castle? The AT&T and Verizon sites have their logo on them and and say that they are owned by them. Does Sprint not actually own any of their sites?

No one owns any sites. Most got sold off to these tower company's.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 2

Picked up LTE on OSU south campus today. It wasn't functional. I tried the field test on the iphone, never used it so not sure if I was on the correct screen. Progress at least attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1397082612.852816.jpg

right screen, but it needs to be bold so all the cell identity appears

Picked up LTE on OSU south campus today. It wasn't functional. I tried the field test on the iphone, never used it so not sure if I was on the correct screen. Progress at least attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1397082612.852816.jpg

right screen, but it needs to be bold so all the cell identity appears

I believe I know what tower it is and it is no surprise you weren't able to use it.  Quite a bit of range.  You should donate a few bucks, you would be impressed at how much information we have.  Including but not limited to the maps and spreadsheet.  Sorry, I'm unable to pin down the exact tower address, but let's just say it was due east quite a ways.  I'm surprised you even got a connection, maybe you were on the top floor of a building / dorm?

it is no surprise you weren't able to use it. Quite a bit of range.

No kidding, these towers have a very large range. I got a connection to lte, not usable btw, but... It was from a tower at least 30km or so away.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk 2

Just walking around 11th and 10th avenue on the ground. I even tried putting it in airplane mode and lte came back. Wasn't able to load any data though. This is the first I've ever gotten a connection on campus.

Edited by AirJordan613
  • Like 1

Central College

attachicon.gif2014-04-11.jpg

thats a very weak signal, can you get something a little better?

His GCI confirms the site is Central College, but still needs another Sector to get confirmation credit.

• Like 1

His GCI confirms the site is Central College, but still needs another Sector to get confirmation credit.

I don't need credit, just doing my part for the community. But if I get off and no one has gotten it I will make a drive and do some mapping in the area.

• Like 2

I'm stuck on 1x on OSU campus where I always have full bars and 3G. Network upgrades perhaps? I did pull that slight LTE again earlier today.

Certainly possible, too bad you are not a sponsor or we could point you to the towers to check out...  Quite a few haven't been checked in awhile.