Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

Great job bweaver731 you did map it. I find it extremely difficult to pick up 3 bars of LTE on Sensorly from that far away. It could be the Sensorly issue of when the app first recognizes LTE and jumps up even with weak signal. Hopefully it's a new tower.

Anybody feel like doing some driving?  B) 

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

uploadfromtaptalk1374624152223.jpg

• Like 1

For those of us talking about Westerville, I too have had horrible call quality and data lately (data when I'm not on WiFi of course.) I suspect that it either means they're working on something, or network usage is just up a lot. I don't know why the latter would be true, but I guess its possible.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Great job bweaver731 you did map it. I find it extremely difficult to pick up 3 bars of LTE on Sensorly from that far away. It could be the Sensorly issue of when the app first recognizes LTE and jumps up even with weak signal. Hopefully it's a new tower.

Anybody feel like doing some driving?  B) 

Yeah.. thats's an awfully dark purple .. so hopefully this is another sign that LTE is coming instead of a sensorly issue! 

I don't know if it means anything, but I saw a crew on a tower at 270 and 23. I don't even know if it's a sprint tower, but I thought I'd throw it out there. Guys on the ground and up the tower.

I don't know if it means anything, but I saw a crew on a tower at 270 and 23. I don't even know if it's a sprint tower, but I thought I'd throw it out there. Guys on the ground and up the tower.

South side or north side?

I stand corrected.... I'm NOT getting the signal from the tower on orders road. I'm getting it from this one....

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

1X signal is different than LTE. So the BSL you see for 1X may not be the same for LTE. We need LTE engineering screen shots.

If this is the tower up at 23 and 270 on the north side, that's a relocation of Verizon's tower on the north west side of the interchange to the south west side.  The current construction plans for the 270/23 interchange go right thru the tower that's on the north west side.  so they're forced to move.  The Sprint tower to keep an eye on up there is the tower behind the Courtyard (between the Courtyard and 23),

• Like 1

Not sure how to do the LTE Engineering screen

Here's the instructions:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2198-network-visionlte-new-orleans-market/page-38&do=findComment&comment=90231

Picking up 800 more often now from my trip from Columbus to Granville....

Picked it up in 161 @ 310,that's pretty far from the Welsh 800 towee.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

uploadfromtaptalk1374634648300.jpg

My mapping is done for the night. I'll do more after work tomorrow. I live in Reynoldsburg but work in Washington Court House so I'll be coming through Grovetucky.

• Like 2

I could map it tomorrow afternoon when I go through on my way home. But I have a feeling that there will be about 30 people all hovering around the area plotting purp and taking baths in LTE radiation beforehand.

• Like 2

SERVING CELL: 212

This confirms that it's a new tower. Thanks folks of Grovetucky. Talk to you in the AM.

Besides 12:08AM.

I could map it tomorrow afternoon when I go through on my way home. But I have a feeling that there will be about 30 people all hovering around the area plotting purp and taking baths in LTE radiation beforehand.

Ha!

My mapping is done for the night. I'll do more after work tomorrow. I live in Reynoldsburg but work in Washington Court House so I'll be coming through Grovetucky.Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Damn you laid a lot of purp! Great work. I'm guessing, but I'm pretty sure that's the tower on Jackson Pike. Check the map in the Ohio/West Virginia market thread for more details.

• Like 1

Damn you laid a lot of purp! Great work. I'm guessing, but I'm pretty sure that's the tower on Jackson Pike. Check the map in the Ohio/West Virginia market thread for more details.

I'm not so sure if it's the one on Jackson Pike that I think you are talking about. There are two.... one across from the county jail (which is what I think you're talking about) and one on Stringtown Road and Jackson Pike. The one on Stringtown and Jackson is where I believe the 4G is coming from. That's a fools guess though. I'm sure someone will post some sort of acceptance report tomorrow.

Just had the pleasure of being awaken by my phone buzzing and I thought it was text, but it was an alert I was picking up LTE in the house. Talk about a pleasant surprise. I wonder if sprint is conducting testing or tuning that triggered the pickup. Not everywhere in the house, but it's a pleasant surprise because I didn't get WiMax coverage in the house on my old Evo

I'm not so sure if it's the one on Jackson Pike that I think you are talking about. There are two.... one across from the county jail (which is what I think you're talking about) and one on Stringtown Road and Jackson Pike. The one on Stringtown and Jackson is where I believe the 4G is coming from. That's a fools guess though. I'm sure someone will post some sort of acceptance report tomorrow.

Good morning Columbus!

Sorry I wasn't specific enough. I was referring to the one on Jackson Pike and Stringtown area.

We need the other two sector IDs (Serving Cells) being broadcasting from the two other antennas. So we can knock that off the list. It's possible there is more than 1 site live with LTE down there.