I'm getting so sick of all the service disruptions this week in the UCF area, I literally have zero data 75 percent of the time and connecting to towers 5+ miles away. It's definitely getting worse as time progresses. I wanna go back to Chicago! Service there was outstanding. Do any of you think calling about this horrible service would make a difference?

It's been like that at the tower near me as well. The price of progress...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

• Like 1

Stopped by my local sprint store in Lake Mary.. asked about LTE but they said they had no idea (wasn't expecting any different).

Also tried the Note 2.. I think I will be able to manage with the swype texting with one hand. By wrapping my hand around the phone, I was only short by a couple of millimeters... B)

When I went to get my sisters iPhone at my local sprint store, (it's a corporate store, if that matters) i realized that they had LTE there now and the guy there said that they had jist turned on the tower nearby and they are hoping to be done (launched) by the end of October , which isn't too far fetched imo.

Yep. Dual band in the sense it supports 800 MHz and 1900 MHz but not clearwire's 2.5 GHz spectrum which is LTE band 41. I wonder what the possibility of adding it later would be?

I wouldn't be holding my breath.

When I went to get my sisters iPhone at my local sprint store, (it's a corporate store, if that matters) i realized that they had LTE there now and the guy there said that they had jist turned on the tower nearby and they are hoping to be done (launched) by the end of October , which isn't too far fetched imo.

That's what they alllllll say. 

• Like 1

1. Can't answer don't go over there that much 2. I don't have LTE hardly anywhere on I4 south of 408, at least I didn't this weekend when I went to downtown Disney. 3. A scale of 1/10, I would say currently in my vicinity.... 3 .. But it's better than the 0 I had before

Let me reword my question then. Has any one seen LTE north of 434 (up until 417) recently and if so how were the speeds? Sensorly shows a few LTE spots along 17-92 and Lake Emma road, but are these still up and running? 

Sensorly also shows a constant LTE signal along I4 (from 528 to 417).. is this realistic?

Also, how would you describe your LTE experience throughout all of Orlando, if you had to rate it on a scale from 1-10, with a 10 having LTE every where you travel.

Just to update the question, North of 434 I pick it (LTE) up until past 46 going east on i-4. That was just Saturday, first time noticing since last month. Speeds were instant in the sense that everything loaded fast enough for me not to check the speed test. 

Not sure about sensorly, i'd hate to pose a question as answer, but does sensorly ever overwrite new signal data that is collected, like in an area where lte may have reached but no longer does?

Throughout Orlando is a work in progress, just like everywhere else through out central florida. However, I can say that compared to last year, Sprint's progress in the market has reassured me enough to stay for another two years as of yesterday.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Question for all you Orlando people - What is the best way to track/sample data speeds that would be relevant to every one? I currently have an iPhone4S so no LTE, but plan to get an LTE phone in the next month.

I travel for work and cover Orlando, Melbourne, up to Jacksonville, over to Tampa, and up through the Panhandle... With all this driving, I thought I could add some value by having a service run on my phone to track data speeds.

Is Rootmetrics/Sensorly the best choices? Sensorly doesn't have a good way of doing this now on the iPhone, so I was thinking about using Root Metrics.

Thoughts.. opinions.. nobody cares?

Question for all you Orlando people - What is the best way to track/sample data speeds that would be relevant to every one? I currently have an iPhone4S so no LTE, but plan to get an LTE phone in the next month.

I travel for work and cover Orlando, Melbourne, up to Jacksonville, over to Tampa, and up through the Panhandle... With all this driving, I thought I could add some value by having a service run on my phone to track data speeds.

Is Rootmetrics/Sensorly the best choices? Sensorly doesn't have a good way of doing this now on the iPhone, so I was thinking about using Root Metrics.

Thoughts.. opinions.. nobody cares?

Seems like everyone here uses Sensorly. I haven't personally tried root metrics, but it seems like an interesting concept at least.

• Like 1

Let me reword my question then. Has any one seen LTE north of 434 (up until 417) recently and if so how were the speeds? Sensorly shows a few LTE spots along 17-92 and Lake Emma road, but are these still up and running? 

Sensorly also shows a constant LTE signal along I4 (from 528 to 417).. is this realistic?

Also, how would you describe your LTE experience throughout all of Orlando, if you had to rate it on a scale from 1-10, with a 10 having LTE every where you travel.

While there are towers that are slowly popping up, the coverage is still largely horrendous. Outside of the upgraded towers, Sprint's service is unusable in most areas. I live about 3 miles from downtown Orlando (south east side) and my data speeds are 100% unusable. It's a joke. I'd say I get between 0 and 0.08 Mbps down on my $600 paper weight smartphone.

Driving around town you might see "4G" popup on your phone and occasionally great speeds, but more times than not you get either no data connection or "4G" between 1-3 Mbps or so.

With that said if I had to rate my LTE experience throughout Orlando, I'd give it a 1 out of 10. Meaning 10% of the time I get a connection that is actually worthy of the name "LTE." And that's generous.

• Like 2

While there are towers that are slowly popping up, the coverage is still largely horrendous. Outside of the upgraded towers, Sprint's service is unusable in most areas. I live about 3 miles from downtown Orlando (south east side) and my data speeds are 100% unusable. It's a joke. I'd say I get between 0 and 0.08 Mbps down.

Driving around town you might see "4G" popup on your phone and occasionally great speeds, but more times than not you get either no data connection or "4G" between 1-3 Mbps or so.

With that said if I had to rate my LTE experience throughout Orlando, I'd give it a 1 out of 10. Meaning 10% of the time I get a connection that is actually worthy of the name "LTE"

I would like to retract my original estimate. Recently, probably more along 1/10. I have a special picture to prove it LOL Posted Image
  • Like 1

Well, what are your plans now that it is only a single band phone? Bummer on my end for sure :(

I did a little research and have found that the G2 and Note 3 use the same snapdragon 800 series processor, but I don't know if that makes a difference in the supported bands or not.

Edited by Zach8503

I did a little research and have found that the G2 and Note 3 use the same snapdragon 800 series processor, but I don't know if that makes a difference in the supported bands or not.

Unfortunately, the processor is only one piece of the puzzle.

Guess we're gonna have to start throwing Note 3 pity parties. As for sddabrow's question, I don't know. I might still get the Note on the merits of its other traits, though the LG G2 and Nexus 5 are looking better and better.

I'll have to stay out of that party as I have no intention of getting the note 3 lol.
  • Like 1

A week from now I'll be enjoying how far Miami market has come along. Was very sparse back in January. I'll be updating via sensorly :)

• Like 2

A week from now I'll be enjoying how far Miami market has come along. Was very sparse back in January. I'll be updating via sensorly :)

Fort Lauderdale and Weston have improved a lot. My office in Weston gets screaming LTE.

Does any one know what bands we are planned to be here in Orlando or what have already rolled out in Melbourne/Orlando?

After hearing about the Tri and Dual band devices, I am curious to know what we will be getting. Am I correct in thinking they are rolling out the 1900 MHz spectrum now and likely the 2600MHz since we had Wimax here?

• Like 1

Fort Lauderdale and Weston have improved a lot. My office in Weston gets screaming LTE.

I'd say, compared to January, any blip is a welcomed changed... I-95 and 62nd avenue in Miami was the only spot I received a signal. Anywhere else was 3G. Even at Miramar Pkwy and i-75 up to the Movico...